Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Third time's the charm!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I have been a long time member here at 1m addicts,

Long story short,

My first 1M was AW, I had it during my high school days. I would say this was the first real performance car I had, it was also the car that made me start making car friends, join runs, forums. It was modified with BBS RI-D, Akrapovic, kwv3 and other bunch of stuffs, would be too shiny for these days tho. It was also featured in one of the BMW Performance magazine.

I was young and reckless (even though its only 6 years ago). I sold the AW after around 8 months for the f10 m5.. 4 months after selling the AW I got another VO ..

With the VO, the modification where mostly similar, I already knew which part to get .. I would say the modification were more function than form. It had Akrapovic, KW clubsport, gruppe m filters.. i also did took it to a track (first tracked 1M).

As it was my time to depart for further studies in the states, I had to part with it. it was even shorter, only five months together.

Remembering all this I realize how young, reckless and stupid I was

I had several other cars during my times in the state, but never the 1M.

Fast forward to 2020, I thought I was more matured, but then this one sunday afternoon i was watching throwback e82 1m reviews on youtube..

The timing was right, car in Indonesia are generally 3x the price from US. But the premium in the US made the price become very similar, the price in Indonesia stayed at MSRP for the past 9 years. (this is very huge part of the consideration).

Search took short, the car was clean. full stock, only 5600 kms. and guess what it was BSM.

It felt so damn good to be back, like I never left. especially with 1M interior all being the same it felt nostalgic and somewhat magical for me.

As of now I do not know if it will be modified or not, but the plan is simple, drive it as much as I can. hopefully fate will let me stay with this one a bit longer, well you know what they say.. third time's the charm!
Attached Images

BadakVT77.50
JP-1M171.00
      04-19-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
frenzy757
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MB M2cs, 2022 X5e, 2008 T4R

nice! I recently returned to the 1m too. Not much quite like it!

Past: a91 ref blue Zupra, 86 Starion, 350z, Supra TT Auto, Supra TT 6 spd, IM/IM E46 M3, BMW 1m Coupe x2, S2000, 987.2 CS, ND2 MX5, LSB e46 M3 x2, 993 911
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1209.00
      04-21-2020, 05:51 AM   #3
JP-1M
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
So I have been a long time member here at 1m addicts,

Long story short,

My first 1M was AW, I had it during my high school days. I would say this was the first real performance car I had, it was also the car that made me start making car friends, join runs, forums. It was modified with BBS RI-D, Akrapovic, kwv3 and other bunch of stuffs, would be too shiny for these days tho. It was also featured in one of the BMW Performance magazine.

I was young and reckless (even though its only 6 years ago). I sold the AW after around 8 months for the f10 m5.. 4 months after selling the AW I got another VO ..

With the VO, the modification where mostly similar, I already knew which part to get .. I would say the modification were more function than form. It had Akrapovic, KW clubsport, gruppe m filters.. i also did took it to a track (first tracked 1M).

As it was my time to depart for further studies in the states, I had to part with it. it was even shorter, only five months together.

Remembering all this I realize how young, reckless and stupid I was

I had several other cars during my times in the state, but never the 1M.

Fast forward to 2020, I thought I was more matured, but then this one sunday afternoon i was watching throwback e82 1m reviews on youtube..

The timing was right, car in Indonesia are generally 3x the price from US. But the premium in the US made the price become very similar, the price in Indonesia stayed at MSRP for the past 9 years. (this is very huge part of the consideration).

Search took short, the car was clean. full stock, only 5600 kms. and guess what it was BSM.

It felt so damn good to be back, like I never left. especially with 1M interior all being the same it felt nostalgic and somewhat magical for me.

As of now I do not know if it will be modified or not, but the plan is simple, drive it as much as I can. hopefully fate will let me stay with this one a bit longer, well you know what they say.. third time's the charm!
Thanks for sharing your story. If you ever find yourself in Tokyo PM me for a shutoko ride in an AW.
      04-21-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy757 View Post
nice! I recently returned to the 1m too. Not much quite like it!
Yess!!! Special car, very special
      04-21-2020, 12:30 PM   #5
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-1M View Post
Thanks for sharing your story. If you ever find yourself in Tokyo PM me for a shutoko ride in an AW.

Will do !!
      04-21-2020, 09:52 PM   #6
BadakVT
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M AW

That's one clean BSM! Congrats bro
Jay, I'm in Indonesia as well, hope to see you around. Maybe in Sentul once this Covid thing is over 👍
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 08:51 AM   #7
Rekraps
USMA 81
United_States
Rep
Drives: Own two 1M's, VO total OEM

Brother, I feel your relief. I am now on my 4th 1M, original dealer owner, then sale and purchase, again and again. Everytime I take it out, I am reminded of what a sweet and hugely strong performing car this is.

I have mentioned several times in this forum, and I speak from experience, if you own one, keep it. If you sold yours, buy another. You will always regret not having one. The car is unique, special and never to be repeated.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 12:09 PM   #8
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadakVT View Post
That's one clean BSM! Congrats bro
Jay, I'm in Indonesia as well, hope to see you around. Maybe in Sentul once this Covid thing is over 👍
For sure bro.. its getting crazy, stay safe!
      04-22-2020, 12:13 PM   #9
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekraps View Post
Brother, I feel your relief. I am now on my 4th 1M, original dealer owner, then sale and purchase, again and again. Everytime I take it out, I am reminded of what a sweet and hugely strong performing car this is.

I have mentioned several times in this forum, and I speak from experience, if you own one, keep it. If you sold yours, buy another. You will always regret not having one. The car is unique, special and never to be repeated.
I hope to stop the repetition chain forever... for me at least.
It's just that everytime I have a thought of buying another car... the 1M always came on top of the list... the only way i could move on is by owning one....

We do not even have to test drive one... especially on the third and fourth like we are...
      04-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #10
Rekraps
USMA 81
United_States
Rep
Drives: Own two 1M's, VO total OEM

That's why I own two now. One I'll always keep, the other one because I could not help myself.

VO 1 - Loaded, PPF all around, perfect car, 4,200 miles,
VO 2 - Loaded, Perfect OEM, 1,298 miles.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 11:42 AM   #11
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekraps View Post
That's why I own two now. One I'll always keep, the other one because I could not help myself.

VO 1 - Loaded, PPF all around, perfect car, 4,200 miles,
VO 2 - Loaded, Perfect OEM, 1,298 miles.
What I see is two perfect VO sir,,, hahahaha .. two you will always keep!

Value are going crazy high for 1M ... without covid 19 who could tell...