BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-23-2020, 05:14 AM   #1
jojo2333
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Found this splitter for with skirts as an aero kit for an amazing price. The only thing is that the guy who is selling it, had it on his BMW 128i as seen in the pics. I understand the the 128i has a different front bumper compared to my 135i.

Any idea if it would fit? See the picture of the splitter please. Thanks everyone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 05:16 AM   #2
jojo2333
Private
Canada
Rep

The picture of the car it's coming off of (128i).
(Also see splitter)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 08:46 AM   #3
Jameson.e88
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

that's the same bumper I have... Id be more than willing to take some measurements for you but I cant imagine that it wouldn't fit. The only thing I could see being different is the locations of those mounting screws could potentially be different on your bumper, and depending on what bumper you have those support rods could be too short? If he's local I would just ask him if you could test fit it before you buy. I would love to know what brand that is though, haven't seen that one before... Custom made maybe?
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 09:01 AM   #4
jojo2333
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson.e88 View Post
that's the same bumper I have... Id be more than willing to take some measurements for you but I cant imagine that it wouldn't fit. The only thing I could see being different is the locations of those mounting screws could potentially be different on your bumper, and depending on what bumper you have those support rods could be too short? If he's local I would just ask him if you could test fit it before you buy. I would love to know what brand that is though, haven't seen that one before... Custom made maybe?
That's what worries me too, the rods and those mounting holes near the logo itself. My 135i is currently parked for the winter but he lives nearby so I'm waiting on his response as to if he's able to meet with me. I'm hoping it's gonna fit. $250 CAD (190 USD) for that front splitter and the side skirts which I'm in love with.

I appreciate your response and being helpful. I think my best bet is to test it. The splitter seems to be to be big so maybe I'll have to cut some of it to adjust it to the wind deflectors on my bumper.

Also yea, a custom splitter. Sinful Visions, a place over here in Toronto
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 09:05 AM   #5
Jameson.e88
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2333 View Post
That's what worries me too, the rods and those mounting holes near the logo itself. My 135i is currently parked for the winter but he lives nearby so I'm waiting on his response as to if he's able to meet with me. I'm hoping it's gonna fit. $250 CAD (190 USD) for that front splitter and the side skirts which I'm in love with.

I appreciate your response and being helpful. I think my best bet is to test it. The splitter seems to be to be big so maybe I'll have to cut some of it to adjust it to the wind deflectors on my bumper.

Sure thing! At the very least it will be the correct length and width, so worst case scenario you're drilling new holes and ordering new supports which can be found online for fairly cheap. Also $190 for the splitter and side skirts is an absolute steal! I wish I could find stuff like that in my local market
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #6
jojo2333
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson.e88 View Post
Quote:

Sure thing! At the very least it will be the correct length and width, so worst case scenario you're drilling new holes and ordering new supports which can be found online for fairly cheap. Also $190 for the splitter and side skirts is an absolute steal! I wish I could find stuff like that in my local market
Very true, good price considering. Even so, you're right, support rods can be found at a good price so either way it kinda works out. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 07:59 AM   #7
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Found this splitter for with skirts as an aero kit for an amazing price. The only thing is that the guy who is selling it, had it on his BMW 128i as seen in the pics. I understand the the 128i has a different front bumper compared to my 135i.

Any idea if it would fit? See the picture of the splitter please. Thanks everyone.
It should work, I think the difference between the 135 and 128 bumper is the 128 has fog lights, otherwise I think they are more or less the same. At least when comparing H style bumper to H style bumper.

Does he have the LCI bumper? I think it's for 2012 through 2013 year of build cars that have a different bumper.

Let us know how it fits because I would love one of those too. Did he say where he got it from?

M
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 03:10 PM   #8
jojo2333
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Makis View Post
Quote:

It should work, I think the difference between the 135 and 128 bumper is the 128 has fog lights, otherwise I think they are more or less the same. At least when comparing H style bumper to H style bumper.

Does he have the LCI bumper? I think it's for 2012 through 2013 year of build cars that have a different bumper.

Let us know how it fits because I would love one of those too. Did he say where he got it from?

M
I ended up grabbing it off the guy. Fits amazing on the 135i considering it's a flat piece of ABS Plastic. Easy to make. Looks amazing tho but was done by a company in Ontario, Canada. Sinful Visions. Fitment is perfect though !
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 09:00 PM   #9
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

M
I ended up grabbing it off the guy. Fits amazing on the 135i considering it's a flat piece of ABS Plastic. Easy to make. Looks amazing tho but was done by a company in Ontario, Canada. Sinful Visions. Fitment is perfect though !
Post a pic!!

I started looking for their website but only found an IG and FB page
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 09:15 PM   #10
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
What does it do?
      12-01-2020, 07:42 AM   #11
jojo2333
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

M
Post a pic!!

I started looking for their website but only found an IG and FB page
I haven't installed it yet since the Bimmer is parked for the winter but I'll get some pics up of the parts now and I'll come back once they're installed. The side skirts are just screws and the lip is screws plus the rods. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 07:44 AM   #12
jojo2333
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
What does it do?
Just makes the car look a little more aggressive.
Just praying I don't rip it off 😭
Appreciate 0