BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

Issues After Engine 135i N55 E Series F series - Pressure and Temperature

Hey guys! For those who dont know me, I have a 135i N55 E82 2011 in Chile. I imported this from the US, so its 1/2 6 speed 1er in Chile. ALL the ones that arrive are AT, fun fact lol. My car had over 130.000km and full of oil leaks, and issues. So instead of investing more in fixing and selling it, I decided to buy the engine from a friend who had an accident, coming from a 135i 2013, so its an F series. His had a fourth of my mileage.

Some background. I have VTT Stage 2+ Turbo Upgrade, FBO, Meth, and basically everything Terry sells off his website and upgrades, except for LSD (including 3.5 Tmap sensor, this wil makes sense later lol) Also, I always felt some boost leak, so I bought the DV+ upgrade, and installed in on the VTT stage two, which eliminated the boost diverter it had, and went back to the electric one, following Tonys Instructions.

After the install of the engine, the issues started. First, cylinder 4 would fail, but this was fixed after talking to Tony, who instructed me that the BOOST outlet of the turbo had to be sealed, and all the vacume lines had to go back to stock. Anyone who has a vtt stage 2+ will know what Im talking about.

But now, the mistery starts. For the record, I went back to stock COMPLETELY, intake included, and eliminated the JB4 for now.

First weird error, is the ambiant temperature. Below is a pic of the INSTA scanner at the dealer, but in spanish. I translated the important part.

Name:  Temperature.png
Views: 1274
Size:  2.95 MB

For some reason, the intake temperature is STUK on a very high temperature. It is stuck on aproximately 115 Degrees Celcious, while the ambient is aprox 24 degrees Celcious. I have changed sensors, changed the intake back to the original, and nothing works. This throws off other values, and car will think its running a lot warmer than it really is, and maybe inject for gasoline to make up for it, i dont know. I though maybe this may be a tuning thing, but not sure, any help works.

Next issue is the pressure. I am getting 2c58 2c84 errors.
I know 2c58 is "Charging pressure control, deactivation: Pressure build-up blocked" and might be theresult of 2c84.
2c84 is boost pressure before valve too low. After reading countless posts on these two errors, i found a correlation of this error with the n20 tmap sensor that reads up to 3.5 psi. In the past i remember that this error would come up when i didnt adjust the JB4 settings to let it know i have the sensor installed. But i have already installed a stock sensor, removed it, changed the jb4 settings, etc and no change. So I dont know what else to do. Below is a picture again of the INSTA scanner showing the reading in the pressure of the ambient and car reading.

Name:  Presion.png
Views: 1076
Size:  1.82 MB

I have other issues but these are the most important ones and would love to get your guys input to get my car out of the shop first and fix the minor issues i have with all the information thats already out there. I have done extensive research, and I am posting this because I have read a bunch of posts on bimmerpost, not just 1er. I am trying to update the DME but somehow somewhere, my RDC module was lost/stolen, so the INSTA wont let me update if there is a module missing, just bought the part and will arrive in 2 weeks.

Thank you guys in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 04:57 AM   #2
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Hmm well, the N20 TMAP may have started this issue. It is supposed to be pinned differently to the standard one, as in you have to take the pins out and rearrange them in the harness.

What did you carry over from your old motor to the new one? The HPFP alone would've had to be carried over as the F series one requires the newer DME to run it properly. Are you using all the sensors from your old motor?

You might need to look into the JB4 specific thread/forums and reach out to people who have experience with the product. Goodluck though - at least we know it can be done! Tell us what could/couldn't be carried over from the engine
Appreciate 0