BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #1
Gneiss
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

GFB SV50

Has anyone used this blow-off valve and have any comments? Or does anyone have any particular negative thoughts on the design?

I am thinking of ordering one with a VRSF charge-pipe. I like the adjustability of the design as there are a number of threads about blow-off valves changing behavior after various upgrades such as inlets or turbos. It also looks to be smaller which hopefully would make the fit easier if anything like TBI complicates fitment down the line.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Get it, we sold a couple and got very good feedback

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #3
RoadRunner335is
Green Horn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Installed on my 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneiss View Post
Has anyone used this blow-off valve and have any comments? Or does anyone have any particular negative thoughts on the design?

I am thinking of ordering one with a VRSF charge-pipe. I like the adjustability of the design as there are a number of threads about blow-off valves changing behavior after various upgrades such as inlets or turbos. It also looks to be smaller which hopefully would make the fit easier if anything like TBI complicates fitment down the line.
I have it installed on my 2011 335is. It was simply, "plug and play." I did create a new tap in my intake manifold for it (using the stock tap for a gauge). The valve works well and I like the sound. It's been reliable and seems extremely well built. Bought it from Top Gear Solutions.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #4
Sliiiiick
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 135i 6MT

Blow-off valve on a N54 is meh and on a N55 is a waste. There are way better mods out there for the money. Do you have any other bolt-ons like an intake, downpipe, or intercooler? What about a tune?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #5
RoadRunner335is
Green Horn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliiiiick View Post
Blow-off valve on a N54 is meh and on a N55 is a waste. There are way better mods out there for the money. Do you have any other bolt-ons like an intake, downpipe, or intercooler? What about a tune?
Yes, a number of mods. ETS FMIC, DC, Oil Catch Can, Charge Pipe, as well as many others - but no DP (yet). I'm not too concerned about DP's yet because there is a traction problem. So I'm in the process of going to M3 suspension bits. Front end is done, rear end in April, including sub frame bushings.

Anyway, note the M3 cowl in the engine compartment - VERY nice! Also note the DIY tap in the intake manifold - works perfect holding 18PSI (Cobb).

BOV is childish to some; some hate the sound they make - whatever. It's my car and I'll do whatever I want with it lol. It's a DCT anyway, so it's not noticeable unless you're under boost and let your foot off the gas suddenly (as you're well aware of I'm sure)....
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Dackelone10536.50
      02-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunner335is View Post
Yes, a number of mods. ETS FMIC, DC, Oil Catch Can, Charge Pipe, as well as many others - but no DP (yet). I'm not too concerned about DP's yet because there is a traction problem. So I'm in the process of going to M3 suspension bits. Front end is done, rear end in April, including sub frame bushings.

Anyway, note the M3 cowl in the engine compartment - VERY nice! Also note the DIY tap in the intake manifold - works perfect holding 18PSI (Cobb).

BOV is childish to some; some hate the sound they make - whatever. It's my car and I'll do whatever I want with it lol. It's a DCT anyway, so it's not noticeable unless you're under boost and let your foot off the gas suddenly (as you're well aware of I'm sure)....
Clean setup
Appreciate 0