BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
1HungryMan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Cleaning Leatherette: 303 Aerospace Protectant?

Was reading this thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...cleaning+seats

...and Googled "303 Aerospace Protectant" and it comes up on Cdn Tire, and the company itself says it is carried at Canadian Tire, but I called a few stores in T.O. and they haven't even heard of it.

Does anyone use this or is there another leatherette cleaner I can get at retail in Toronto?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
hotbmwfan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92

I was in Canadian Tire in the summer and saw some in the Auto cleaning/waxing section. I bought 2 spray bottles of it. It does work great. I was in the same Canadian Tire store last week and they didn't have any. Maybe they don't carry some car care products in the winter?
2010 M3 "Edition" model - Monte Carlo Blue/black, (1 of 13) MODS;255/35/19 and 285/30/19 Michelin PSS, Volk G25 wheels, MC V2 GTS lip, Eventuri plenum/intake/airbox lid, M Performance exhaust/spoiler/steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
1HungryMan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbmwfan View Post
I was in Canadian Tire in the summer and saw some in the Auto cleaning/waxing section. I bought 2 spray bottles of it. It does work great. I was in the same Canadian Tire store last week and they didn't have any. Maybe they don't carry some car care products in the winter?

Thanks for the info.

I did read on another board that it has a terrible stank. Someone said it smelled a bit like punani. Personally I only want that smell in limited circumstances, and certainly not in my 1! lol
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HungryMan View Post
Thanks for the info.

I did read on another board that it has a terrible stank. Someone said it smelled a bit like punani. Personally I only want that smell in limited circumstances, and certainly not in my 1! lol
Might give girls the wrong impression that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
1HungryMan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Might give girls the wrong impression that's for sure.
That's true! Or provide cover on other hand: "Honey, it's the leatherette cleaner, honest!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HungryMan View Post
That's true! Or provide cover on other hand: "Honey, it's the leatherette cleaner, honest!!"
lol, just clean the leatherette, go for a ride, 5 minutes at high speed with windows down and you'll be good :P
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
supraking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2009 128i Coupe  [0.00]
It's vinyl, so use any vinyl cleaner. I personally use armorall multi-purpose cleaner for my interior, works great on removing the stains on the 'ette seats (you know, the blueish color from jeans, etc.). Has a nice smell that goes away fast too
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
Kg810
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: .:R32

Canadian Tire has discontinued 303 Aerospace (at least here in Calgary, Ab). They stopped ordering them in a few months ago and I picked up the last 3 bottles in Calgary - NW and NE haha. I asked them why and they said they didn't know and that they found it odd that they stopped ordering them because every time stock comes in they don't last very long. They also said it might be that there is a new product to replace it or they simply have too much of the same purpose cleaner in their stores already.

In regards to the smell, I've never had any experiences with any bottle where there was a punani smell or anything similar haha. It's a good product and there are other sites on this board that offer it, I would definitely pick up a bottle if you are looking for a interior protectant.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
1HungryMan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
Canadian Tire has discontinued 303 Aerospace (at least here in Calgary, Ab). They stopped ordering them in a few months ago and I picked up the last 3 bottles in Calgary - NW and NE haha. I asked them why and they said they didn't know and that they found it odd that they stopped ordering them because every time stock comes in they don't last very long. They also said it might be that there is a new product to replace it or they simply have too much of the same purpose cleaner in their stores already.

In regards to the smell, I've never had any experiences with any bottle where there was a punani smell or anything similar haha. It's a good product and there are other sites on this board that offer it, I would definitely pick up a bottle if you are looking for a interior protectant.
Thanks for the update. That explains why it can't be found but the company continues to fly the Cdn Tire flag on their website.
Appreciate 0