BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-14-2007, 06:27 PM   #23
M.Suka
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

35600 sounds good to me, this car with a re-flash will be beating cars twice that price!
      11-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #24
Oregon
NRA Life Member, BMW CCA 30 year member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04' M3

Garage List
1971 2002  [0.00]
2004 M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
$35K is what everyone was expecting. The 1-Series is not intended to be an affordable small car, rather, it is intended to be exactly what it is; a smaller BMW, a freaking hotrod out-of-the-box. Why the stress?

I've not had a single desire to own a BMW since my 2002 because their cars have been too large, both in hand and spirit. Thank you BMW for giving us a properly sized coupe. IMO, of course.:wink:
Attached Images

“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” – George Mason
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #25
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Invoice is like 2K below MSRP...So that still doesn't help much...STUPID BMW! UGH!!:middlefin
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #26
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M / R53 / E91

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
Suck it up and be a man. BMW's aren't entry level cars for any Jack on the street.
They are anywhere outside of North America :frown: But Nooooo, we have to pay a premium (Exchange rates notwithstanding) in order for BMW to maintain it's "Prestige" (Doesn't mean I won't pay up though )

Vorsprung durch Gas Geben!!

172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #27
Disasterpiece
I Want 1
Rep
Drives:

At least we know now..
If i get one it will be bare bones..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #28
WolfsburgerMitFries
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
....And BMW looses about half the people that cared about this car...

Nice things cost money, that a fact of life. We all want something for nothing, but it isnt gonna happen.

I want to see a show of hands, how many people actually thought BMW was going to put together a car that can go 0-60 in under 5 seconds, then give it away? How many people are actually that naive? As a second point, how many people are unaware of the dollar tanking against the Euro?

Actually the bigger part of the story is...how much extra in options are you going to have to add before you get a car you can live with?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #29
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I still want more confirmation than a one post wonder account
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #30
Tijuana
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535xi

I'm satisfied with those prices. Who wants to start the first configuration thread?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #31
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
....And BMW looses about half the people that cared about this car...
Damn right... $300 more than a 328i Coupe.

Let's see how they are going to pull the magic trick of pricing the 135i Soft Top Convertible within $2000 of the 328i Hard Top Convertible... :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #32
Tijuana
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
I still want more confirmation than a one post wonder account
All of our best information and spyshots have come from one post wonders. They are probably BMW plants.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #33
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I still don't understand how they will get the 128i convert. at 30K when the 128i coupe is 29K!!
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #34
phattbam
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Protonic Blue i3 REx

sounds about right. mid 40's out the door for a fully loaded 135i. with some aftermarket tuning, i'm looking at low $50s for one unique and fast car.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #35
asv
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Looks like BMW's pricing is dead on. Anyone who was thinking less than 35k/29k was not being realistic. The 128i will be quite a bargain, and 135i is a huge value at 35k.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #36
mkiiieustyle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: mk3 vr6 jetta, soon to be 135i

sounds exactly what most press relieses were saying, i have no problems with the 135i price sounds good..... it's a hell of alot better than the 37k that people in hear wear talking about. time too save some more loot.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #37
mts261
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surname View Post
$35K is what everyone was expecting. The 1-Series is not intended to be an affordable small car, rather, it is intended to be exactly what it is; a smaller BMW, a freaking hotrod out-of-the-box. Why the stress?

I've not had a single desire to own a BMW since my 2002 because their cars have been too large, both in hand and spirit. Thank you BMW for giving us a properly sized coupe. IMO, of course.:wink:

Does that picture really need to be included with every post? It's annoying...

Everyone who was being reasonable was expecting 35K for the 135, an extra $600 isn't enough to scare me away.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #38
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
All of our best information and spyshots have come from one post wonders. They are probably BMW plants.
Let's hope so, but I'm on the Press site for BMW, and they mention nothing about prices, but have the debut info there:

http://www.press.bmwgroup.com/pressc...ID=11420071a76

Here's the press release: (it's a good read)

NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT FOR NEW BMW 1 SERIES COUPE IN LOS ANGELES
11/13/2007
2008 is Year 1 of the 1
Woodcliff Lake, NJ - November 2, 2007, 6PM EDT... The BMW 1 Series Coupe, which draws inspiration from the iconic BMW 2002 of some 40 years ago, will make its North American debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show. By combining sporty rear-wheel-drive dynamics, agile handling, powerful engines and seating for four, the 1 Series Coupe will reinvent the niche created by the legendary BMW 2002.

On sale in the spring of 2008, the 1 Series Coupe will be available in two versions; the 128i and the 135i. Powered by a 3.0-liter, 230 horsepower inline 6-cyinder engine that generates 200 lb-ft of torque, the 128i Coupe will feature Valvetronic valvetrain management and aluminum/magnesium contruction-core elements of BMW's EfficientDynamics.

The powerful 135i Coupe features BMW's twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder engine that produces 300 horsepower and an incredible 300 lb-ft of torque from as low as 1,400 rpm. With its direct piezo gasoline injectors, twin low-mass turbochargers and air-to-air intercooling, optimum performance and economy is achieved with no loss in engine response. For the 135i Coupe, acceleration from 0-62 mph is accomplished in 5.3 seconds and top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph. Both engines feature on-demand engine coolant pumps that improve fuel economy and reduce parasitic losses for increased output.

Handsome looks with sporting intentions
The new 1 Series Coupe combines unique, dynamic and unmistakable design elements with a powerful and muscular body. The greenhouse with its characteristic "Hofmeister kink" is moved rearward and offers a particularly nimble look with its long hood. The short overhangs, long wheelbase and large frameless doors sit on a body with a striking shoulder line for a modern interpretation of BMW's characteristic look. On the 135i Coupe, an M Aerodynamic Kit is standard.

The 1 Series boasts an aggressive rear end styling. The trunklid has an integrated spoiler chiselled into the rear end of the car to accentuate the short rear section. On the 135i, an additional lip spoiler provides greater downforce on the rear end at high speeds.

Luxurious interior appointments with today's technology
The innovative interior design incorporates high-quality and sophisticated trim elements with luxurious upholstery and color choices. A 60/40 split rear seat is standard. The control console for the entertainment and air conditioning functions is integrated smoothly and harmoniously into the dashboard through its soft radii and flowing surfaces. The controller featured in the iDrive system with the optional Navigation system is integrated in the center console, again following BMW's characteristic philosophy. Galvanized pearl gloss surfaces adorn the interior door handles, the glove compartment handle, the radio's rotary knobs, the knobs of the automatic air conditioning system, the iDrive Controller, and the ornamental trim strips featured on the sports steering wheel.

The BMW 1 Series Coupe is available with a choice of two upholstery options-sporty and comfortable Leatherette or rich Boston Leather. Boston Leather upholstery adds further style to the high-quality impression of the interior. And as a practical feature, map pockets are integrated in the lower part of the doors. The optional Sport Package includes sports buckets seats with enhanced side support and are finished in highly distinctive leatherette materials or Boston leather.

Enhanced iDrive and integration of an external MP3 player
BMW's iDrive is included with the optional navigation system. It enables the driver to control all secondary and comfort functions such as communication, air conditioning, entertainment and navigation functions easily and conveniently.

This latest version of iDrive is equipped with six Programmable Memory Keys that allow the driver to program functions that are used particularly often such as navigation destinations, radio stations or specific telephone numbers. Touch-sensative sensors on these buttons preview the function on the iDrive screen before the button is depressed. This allows the driver to choose the stored function safely and conveniently, keeping his or her eyes on the road in the process.

A wide choice of audio and communication are also available, never before seen in the compact performance market. These features include SIRIUS satellite radio, HD radio, Premium Sound system and Bluetooth interface. For simple and straightforward connection of an MP3 player, an Auxiliary input jack is standard, and a USB port for direct control of an Apple iPod or iPhone media player is available as an option.

High-tech suspension with newly-developed differential
In typical BMW style, the new BMW 1 Series Coupe transmits the power of the engine to the rear wheels. This design concept and configuration - engine at the front, drive wheels at the rear - guarantees optimum traction, good weight distribution front-to-rear, excellent directional stability, and predictable handling.

The new 1 Series Coupe has a sophisticated suspension system with an aluminium double-pivot front suspension and a five-link fully independent rear suspension in lightweight steel. BMW's Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) also includes a Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) function that provides electronic intervention to prevent loss of vehicle control, but at a higher threshold before activation. Active Steering, a variable ratio steering system exclusive to BMW, is available as an option.

M-inspired performance for the 135i Coupe
The 135i Coupe offers more performance and a striking look thanks to M-inspired components. Features include an Aero kit for additional downforce at speed, better brake cooling and enhanced aesthetics while the Sports Suspension offers higher traction and reduced body roll with 18-inch wheels and performance tires. The Sports Suspension also includes with a high-performance brake system incorporating six-piston fixed calipers on the front and two-piston fixed calipers at the rear.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #39
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
Nice things cost money, that a fact of life. We all want something for nothing, but it isnt gonna happen.

I want to see a show of hands, how many people actually thought BMW was going to put together a car that con go 0-60 in under 5 seconds, then give it away? How many people are actually that naive? As a sceond point, how many people are unaware of the dollar tanking against the Euro?

Actually the bigger part of the story is...how much extra in options are you going to have to add before you get a car you can live with?
Nah nah, I hear ya. Base price is a couple thou higher than I'd liked to have seen, considering how fast options add up on Bimmers, but with a little patients and a good deal (do you really plan on paying MSRP for your next car?) this car doesnt necessarily need be out of reach of those who really want one.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #40
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

the OP had a linkie originally. gone now.
:iono:
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #41
adrian's bmw
Here to help
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330Cic

That pricing sounds fair and reasonable. I thiink it's probably higher than most expected, but now it seems that it'll be ultimately more worthwhile for ED as well. Now, we can get our bearings on vert pricing now. I think it'll be $4k more both ways.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #42
Disasterpiece
I Want 1
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128er View Post
I still don't understand how they will get the 128i convert. at 30K when the 128i coupe is 29K!!
That was a estimate, im sure the vert will be 33k..:iono:

The more i think about the prices the more i start to like them, it really is a nice deal for what you get...:headbang:
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #43
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiiieustyle View Post
sounds exactly what most press relieses were saying, i have no problems with the 135i price sounds good..... it's a hell of alot better than the 37k that people in hear wear talking about. time too save some more loot.
Exactly! I remember reading some people saying 38k. Im still getting it. $35,000 is fine for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #44
Templedogg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, Trailblazer SS, 1934 PU

Equally optioned to a 335i it will still be at least 5K less if not more. I think the price is about right. Remember the option packages I do not think will be as high as the 335i options because the 135i has way more included as base.
Appreciate 0