BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #45
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
hummm
      09-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #46
mshahidz
Major
Rep
Drives: M4, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
Could you scan and post a copy of your bill-of-sale (with personal details obscured), together with a few photos of your interior? We could decipher and match your options then.
I will scan my B.O.S. tmrw at work....

I have my pictures, i will upload them in a bit!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #47
Lionel Hutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadz View Post
I will scan my B.O.S. tmrw at work....

I have my pictures, i will upload them in a bit!

Have you considered maybe contacting the dealer you are accusing of lying?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #48
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Post pics too, as we've been asking for since you started this thread.

What efforts have you made to rectify this, to date? Doesn't sound like much.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #49
ksparks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

even if the factory screwed this up (which I would be more inclined to say you are confused), how would this be the dealers fault?

Do you really expect the dealership to do comb over the car to verify every item on the sticker is correct? Especially black leather vs leatherette?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #50
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksparks View Post
even if the factory screwed this up (which I would be more inclined to say you are confused), how would this be the dealers fault?

Do you really expect the dealership to do comb over the car to verify every item on the sticker is correct? Especially black leather vs leatherette?
because the dealership is the one that agreed to sell them the car with certain options. BMW is not entering into a contract with the customer, the dealer is. Is the lack of leather interior material to the contract- maybe.
      09-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #51
FJUNO78
Captain
Rep
Drives: 25 to 2

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
2007 e92 328I  [0.00]
If it isn't leather, it Seems to be an issue at the factory level. If the window sticker said it, I really doubt the dealership even realized.

Go for coral or terra and avoid any confusion. Lol
      09-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #52
touareg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

It's possible to have a '09 135i with everything that comes in the Premium Package except for leather, as all the stuff in the Premium Package can also be ordered as individual options.

OP's car could be actually configuration as below, in which case the car would have everything in the Premium Package EXCEPT for leather:

- Comfort package
- M Sport package
- Glass sunroof (standalone option)
- BMW Assist with Bluetooth (standalone option)
- SIRIUS satellite radio (standalone option)
(OP's car would not have heated steering wheel because it cannot be combined with M Sport steering wheel)

Could be that the dealer mislabeled the car as having the Premium package when it didn't.
      09-30-2009, 11:49 PM   #53
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by touareg View Post
It's possible to have a '09 135i with everything that comes in the Premium Package except for leather, as all the stuff in the Premium Package can also be ordered as individual options.

OP's car could be actually configuration as below, in which case the car would have everything in the Premium Package EXCEPT for leather:

- Comfort package
- M Sport package
- Glass sunroof (standalone option)
- BMW Assist with Bluetooth (standalone option)
- SIRIUS satellite radio (standalone option)
(OP's car would not have heated steering wheel because it cannot be combined with M Sport steering wheel.
Could be that the dealer mislabeled the car as having the Premium package when it didn't.
Part of the difficulty this thread is causing is due to the differences in how cars are sold in the US vs. Canada, and I don't just mean the difference in option packages.

In the US there can be no "mislabeling" of cars since every car has to have a Monroney "window" sticker affixed to it. When the OP talks about what his Bill of Sale says, that means little to me since a Bill of Sale here is the document that outlines the essential terms of the purchase agreement. A Bill of Sale here identifies the car to be sold by VIN #, but doesn't describe the particulars of the car. As for how this works in Canada, I (and I think most of the US based posters in this thread) have no idea...

What is a given is:

1. Both BMW Canada and any BMW dealer can pull up the car by VIN and readily identify what equipment the car has on it.

2. That we can easily tell by photo whether the car has leather or 'ette.

I think the odds of this being a factory screw up are close to zero, as is the chance that the dealer will pay the thousands of dollars and considerable labor to convert the interior to leather under any circumstance.

If the car has 'ette and the OP was told by a CA it had leather verbally, he would get nowhere legally in NC. If the options were written and became essential terms of the contract, that's a different story. Then again, only an attorney (solicitor up there?) can really answer those questions.

OP, if your story is legit you have to decide if you are just here to vent or if you really believe you were wronged. Life and the law help those who help themselves, so we'll be waiting for an update. For a little while longer at least.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #54
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Having major doubts about the OP's claims with day after day of picture promises.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #55
mynew135
assistant to the regional manager
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
OP keeps saying he'll scan in the pics.
I'll be glad to donate $99 for the OP to buy a digital camera so he can upload some pics.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #56
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

First thing I do each morning is look for updates to this post. It gives my life meaning.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #57
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksparks View Post

It's not a matter of fault, it's a matter of responsibility for rectifying a screw up (if in fact there was one, which I'm beginning to doubt). I'd start with the dealer if I was in his situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Having major doubts about the OP's claims with day after day of picture promises.
+1, seriously. takes 2 seconds.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #58
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
weird why he doesnt post pics, maybe he does have leather and is now embarrassed he started all this fuzz
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #59
mshahidz
Major
Rep

Sorry guys, been super busy with work and school lately. I took the pics, just need to upload them...TONIGHT i promise.

I dropped by at TC BMW, and talked to my sales agent. I didnt want to discuss anything untill the weekend, when I can go with my brother to do the talking. I'm still young, so I dont want to go in there and find that the dealer is not taking me seriously.

I asked my rep "Is this leather? It doesnt feel like it, so i want to make sure"

his reply: " oh yeah, this is definitely leather, look at the grain! Leatherette has no grain, its like plastic. Trust me, this is leather, dont you feel it".

At that point I just thanked him for his time and left. I think i'll have to talk to the manager of the dealership (with whom i talked to when purchasing my vehicle.

The reason why I feel the dealership lied to me, is due to the initial problems that arose during the purchase. I went in to purchase my car on july 20th. They told me there were no AW or BLK Mspot+prem+comfort's in canada. The next day they called and said they found one in Halifax. I was ecstatic , went in and placed my order. They old me the monthly payment came out to $X amount of dollars. I signed and we were off with it. On the way out, the manager comes running to me and says they made the mistake. The car had sirius radio that they forgot to tell me about. I said "give it to me for the price I paid" they said they cant do that. Eventually I got the sirius for 200 dollars, they covered the rest. This made me feel iffy about the responsibility, and attention the dealers were showing.

Secondly, I was told my car would arrive in a week, check that 1 week. I got my car Aug 24th, more than a month after. I was paying for car rentals, about 500 a month. We bitched at the dealer that we should get a loaner or a free rental, and they said they cant.

THIRD problem was that the car came with 668KM on it. I was so angry! The owner of the dealer was there that day, and he was a complete dick about it. He claimed it wasnt a big deal, and 700KM is not that much. They offered me 120 dollars in reimbursement. $120!
"BMW charges $.10 per km, so we will double that. After waiting a month, I didnt want to pass up the car, so I got him down to giving me 800 at the BMW accessory dept. and called it a day.

I REALLY regret taking delivery of the car at this point. I was just so anxious to get my car, I didnt think with my head.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #60
mshahidz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post
Part of the difficulty this thread is causing is due to the differences in how cars are sold in the US vs. Canada, and I don't just mean the difference in option packages.

In the US there can be no "mislabeling" of cars since every car has to have a Monroney "window" sticker affixed to it. When the OP talks about what his Bill of Sale says, that means little to me since a Bill of Sale here is the document that outlines the essential terms of the purchase agreement. A Bill of Sale here identifies the car to be sold by VIN #, but doesn't describe the particulars of the car. As for how this works in Canada, I (and I think most of the US based posters in this thread) have no idea...

What is a given is:

1. Both BMW Canada and any BMW dealer can pull up the car by VIN and readily identify what equipment the car has on it.

2. That we can easily tell by photo whether the car has leather or 'ette.

I think the odds of this being a factory screw up are close to zero, as is the chance that the dealer will pay the thousands of dollars and considerable labor to convert the interior to leather under any circumstance.

If the car has 'ette and the OP was told by a CA it had leather verbally, he would get nowhere legally in NC. If the options were written and became essential terms of the contract, that's a different story. Then again, only an attorney (solicitor up there?) can really answer those questions.

OP, if your story is legit you have to decide if you are just here to vent or if you really believe you were wronged. Life and the law help those who help themselves, so we'll be waiting for an update. For a little while longer at least.
Thanks for the info.

My bill of sale is the only document I have since it is my written contract. I scanned it at work, just need to blur out my personal info before I post it.

It clearly states my packages and their cost, the total cost of the car...thats where I signed! This may sound lame, but getting "boston" leather is was excited me a lot, and the SA knew it. I sat in a 7er for a ride once, and it had some sickass leather, so I wanted to get as close to that as i could.

I am planning to fight this to the death, but I dont know how to tackle the situation. IMO i have to handle it perfectly, so I get what I want.

If i just go in there and argue, they might try to settle me on re-upholstery. That is something I do not want AT ALL. I dont want money either! I want new seats or a new car. I doubt the later is possible, but its worth a try. I've been doing some research on how people dealt with dealers and whatnot...I'm not sure if i should get a lawyer in case things dont work out. I won't settle for anything less than a new car or seats!

ALSO!!! I called up bmw assist to get...assistance, and they said my dealership never sent them a BMWASSIST agreement.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #61
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
wow bro, i would have never taken that car. there is no way im gonna pay $1 or more for any option i didnt want. you should have said thank you and moved on
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #62
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

Usually on the bill of sale they put the acceptable mileage down on it. I believe mine said 50kms just for the dealer to give themselves some wiggle room. It came with only 5kms though. Doesn't your bill of sale say something like that?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #63
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
weird why he doesnt post pics, maybe he does have leather and is now embarrassed he started all this fuzz
Or is trolling.

The "wrongdoing" story expands day after day, and still no pictures. Not saying the OP is lying, but it becomes less believable as time passes.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #64
mshahidz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
Usually on the bill of sale they put the acceptable mileage down on it. I believe mine said 50kms just for the dealer to give themselves some wiggle room. It came with only 5kms though. Doesn't your bill of sale say something like that?
Mine said 50km as well.

I will have pics up shortly!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #65
mshahidz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
wow bro, i would have never taken that car. there is no way im gonna pay $1 or more for any option i didnt want. you should have said thank you and moved on
big mistake..i know
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #66
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadz View Post

I asked my rep "Is this leather? It doesnt feel like it, so i want to make sure"

his reply: " oh yeah, this is definitely leather, look at the grain! Leatherette has no grain, its like plastic. Trust me, this is leather, dont you feel it".
dude it's leather. put it to bed....

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0