BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
mechanicalmagic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Cashmere Silver

Extended Warrantee ? $ $ ?

My 135 is at the PC, as of about 1/6/9. I'm expecting delivery in a week or so. I expect the final sale discussion to include the extended warranty. From threads on several boards, it seems that the cost is negotiable, but since few posters give full info as to the type of vehicle involved, it's hard to get a handle. AND it seems it's very negotiable.

So, anybody get the extended warranty, and what's the cost?

(between the sun roof and window regulators, I would have been WELL off to have gotten an EW on my 330xi.)

Dave J.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
GMT II
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: I ride the bus.

Don't forget you have until the warranty expires to purchase the extended warranty or maint. You may want to wait the 50,000 miles to see how your car and others hold up.

6MT / ZPP / ZSP / Nav / Prem. Hi-Fi / Sirius / CA / Heated Seats (you keep the ski bag) / Park Dist. / HD Radio (because it was free)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
j128i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 128i Coupe AW/Black

Yeah, you may want to wait first since you dont know if you will keep that long. However, the sales manager told me the price would be different - now lower, higher when close to the expiration (my guess based on her words). The quote I got when I agree to purchase the car: 2000+ each for Warrantee and Maintenance service.
I plan to buy extended warrantee since the car is not relaible based on statistics and cost a lot money to repair/service.
      01-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by j128i View Post
I plan to buy extended warrantee since the car is not relaible based on statistics and cost a lot money to repair/service.
Uh, which statistics show the 128i to be unreliable?
The major one series problem has been the HP Fuel Pump which comes only with the twin-turbo engine - and most of those are being taken care of under the basic warranty.
Tom
Appreciate 0