BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

BMW.ca

This may have already been posted as well, but thought I'd mention it. The BMW.ca website now has a link to the 1-series marketing website that was previously only in German. I hadn't checked the bmw.ca 1-series website in a while since it only had the press release before.

Anyways, the link from the bmw.ca website is pretty heavy on marketing material and short videos and other stuff that isn't available from the bmwusa.com site (as far as I know). A lot of photos we've already seen, but some more moving images of the 1er.

Its pretty clear from the marketing materials that bmw is definetly giving this car a younger more affective feel. The page even has links to some pretty cool videos on youtube that otherwise have nothing to do with bmw whatsoever, they're simply pretty cool to watch (street acrobatics, cliff diving, etc). I think that all bodes well for what enthusiasts are looking for, the car won't as much be about luxurious amenities but performance and emotion. I think that also speaks well for the price since BMW has clearly defined the 1 series market and the 3 series market differently (different marketing strategies, different market segments, different pricing strategies).

Anyways, like I said, the updates to the bmw.ca website may have been made a while ago and I may have missed it already being mentioned, btu if you haven't checked it out, have a go, its pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
968PORSCHE
968PORSCHE
United_States
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE 968

could you provide a link? I'm not finding anything but dealer sites and no mention of the one.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Sorry its flash, I can't figure out how to post the link since the entire site is flash.
www.BMW.ca, then on the right hand side midway down the page there is a picture of the 1-series and the caption says "The new BMW 1 series coupe. Condensed 1tensity", click on that. On the next page on the right there will be a pic and a caption that says "Experience the new BMW 1 series coupe. Facts, images, downloads, and more", click on that.

There is also now a new konfigurator available from the www.bmw.de website which is way much cooler than the one on the www.bmw.co.uk website. Just go to www.bmw.de, click on "1" up top, then "BMW 1er Coupe" from the drop down, then "BMW 1er konfigurieren", this configurator one is made specifically for the 1. You can make quite a few more changes to the car.
Appreciate 0