BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
NJ1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

N55 fault code help please

I'm running a stock 2011 135i N55 DCT with JB4 stage 2

Recently on two occasions when starting the car the Engine Malfunction (reduced power) warning showed. Shutting the car off and then starting it back up makes it disappear. Also the car has developed a rough idle as the temperature dips. Also get some loud backfires going from first to second

So I decided to read what codes it was throwing and they are as follows:

2C90 Blow-Off valve mechanics -- Ignore, tuner code
28A0 Throttle-valve angle pressure -- Ignore, tuner code
2C6F No Description Found (Boost pressure sensor, electrical: Short circuit to B+)
277A No Description Found (Air mass sensor, signal: Short-circuit or line break (open circuit))
AAAA No Description Found
0000 No Description Found

Found the 2c6f and 277a codes on n54tech but still need help.

Does anyone know what the two other codes are? and what should I do to fix the issue based on these codes? Check the wiring and connections? Check the charge pipe for breaks?

I really don't know. Any help would be much appreciated. I have to take the car in for a oil change so I would like to figure this out if I can before I clear the codes and bring the car into the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
BMist371
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Vert

Your air sensor is located on your charge pipe, so I would check for charge pipe related issues first since it is relatively easy to get too. Im sure someone else can chime in with the other codes. But it would definately seem like that could very well be the issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
ONDEMAND
oooooo
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

^ +1

Start with the charge pipe. Check the connections on both ends (throttle body and lower CP) and overall for any cracks. Remove the MAP sensor and access the condition of it and the O ring.
      12-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
NJ1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I won't be home till late tonight when it's too dark to really check out the charge pipe properly. I will check it tomorrow more thoroughly during the day and I will keep you guys posted. I hope it's nothing too crazy and that maybe it is just a leak
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
NJ1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I just stepped out during lunch to check real quick and the charge pipe where it attaches to the throttle body is slightly loose. With not too much force I can move it up and down about a quarter inch to half inch up and down. Could that be the issue? How do you tighten it?

Also I should probably mention that I had broke the tmap clip when I installed my jb4 a few months ago . Never had an issue till recently it seems tightly secured in there though. Don't judge me :-/ I just put some rubber bands on there now to make sure it's tight. Could that also be causing my issues? Before anyone says anything I'm still learning lol

Last edited by NJ1; 12-23-2013 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
Lmaiuri
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' Sapphire Black M5

When you do things wrong on these cars, codes tend to pop up. Even when you do things right, gremlins are everywhere. I think you should replace your sensor and you should get a blow-off valve with an after market charge pipe as well. You can't break things that are critical to your cars performance (i.e. the senors that dictate air density and fuel metering) and just put rubber bands on it dude.

Edit: codes are definitely calling for a new MAP.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
NJ1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Rubber bands are a very temporary fix till I get a new sensor. Where can I purchase a new tmap sensor?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ1 View Post
I just stepped out during lunch to check real quick and the charge pipe where it attaches to the throttle body is slightly loose. With not too much force I can move it up and down about a quarter inch to half inch up and down. Could that be the issue? How do you tighten it?

Also I should probably mention that I had broke the tmap clip when I installed my jb4 a few months ago . Never had an issue till recently it seems tightly secured in there though. Don't judge me :-/ I just put some rubber bands on there now to make sure it's tight. Could that also be causing my issues? Before anyone says anything I'm still learning lol
If you can move the charge pipe up and down at the intake connection, my guess is that the charge pipe is about to break, Mine broke two weeks ago, the two sides of the charge pipe tore off with a Nice Big Boom. Thankfully I was about 4 blocks from my house and had already purchased an aftermarket CP.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
NJ1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Where can I order a new tmap sensor?

Tired of worrying just bought evolution racewerks charge pipe, now I just need to figure out where I can purchase the sensor
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

Quote:

Tired of worrying just bought evolution racewerks charge pipe, now I just need to figure out where I can purchase the sensor
I would check the dealer first, at least find out how painful it might be.

Oh, my ERCP took some work to put on. Overspray on the inside on the O-Ring lands that needed to be polished off and the flexible coupler was too short for my liking. I have a longer coupler on order from siliconeintakes.com

Last edited by Suds; 12-23-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
BMist371
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Vert

ERCP is a nice unit. Just installed the black anodized one and matching IC kit on my vert. Awesome fitment. Love the constant power in the cold winter air. Car is begging for a downpipe. OP, the chargepipe shouldnt move. Mine was very firm and in place. Something is wrong most likely. The ER is a quick and easy swap.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
NJ1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

For anyone wondering where to get tmap sensor I found it at ecs tuning for $86.84
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...sor/ES1884768/
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
ONDEMAND
oooooo
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

Quote:

Just got one from Turner. Took them a day or so to ship it out and had it in maybe 5 days tops. I hate those fragile little clips!
      03-05-2017, 09:48 AM   #14
John ler
Rep
Drives: Audi s3

Sorry to bring old thread back to life, but did you sort this problem out, please ? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 01:03 PM   #15
playground
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M3

Bump, have been getting 2C6F No Description Found (Boost pressure sensor, electrical: Short circuit to B+) lately.
      04-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #16
Xer0449
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' Evo GSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by playground View Post
Bump, have been getting 2C6F No Description Found (Boost pressure sensor, electrical: Short circuit to B+) lately.
Do you have the JB4 BT connect kit by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #17
playground
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0449 View Post
Do you have the JB4 BT connect kit by any chance?
Nope, car's stock aside from intake and charge pipe.
      07-09-2017, 09:25 AM   #18
kevinjt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport 14'

Quote:
Originally Posted by playground View Post
Did you figure what was the issue ? Im having the same problem
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #19
Mean E92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335i

I have the same 2C6F code!! How can we fix this?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 10:31 PM   #20
ShakeZoola
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Msport

same problem bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean E92 View Post
I would like to know if someone comes up with a solution for this because my car is in limp mode because of it and its been that way for over a month now.

little background: i did have the JB4 installed with the bluetooth when the code first appeared, but it popped up randomly so im guessing it wasnt the result of that. I have now pulled the entire JB4 code still remains, I've replaced the TMAP sensor code still remains, I tried to test the TMAP sensor plug with a volt meter but the prongs werent small enough to get inside the plug... i will revisit this. Then i did some more digging and another forum on n54tech said its likely that the TMAP's sensor ground may have been blown when i installed or uninstalled the JB4 so i cut the wire and re-grounded it to the chassis.... code still remains.... Ill be revisiting it with the multi-meter this weekend, and after that maybe replacing the plug itself. If that doesnt work im out of ideas... If you or anyone else has a solution PLEASE PLEASE POST i want my boost back. Good-luck tho man
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 08:32 PM   #21
Silver.n55
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeZoola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean E92 View Post
I would like to know if someone comes up with a solution for this because my car is in limp mode because of it and its been that way for over a month now.

little background: i did have the JB4 installed with the bluetooth when the code first appeared, but it popped up randomly so im guessing it wasnt the result of that. I have now pulled the entire JB4 code still remains, I've replaced the TMAP sensor code still remains, I tried to test the TMAP sensor plug with a volt meter but the prongs werent small enough to get inside the plug... i will revisit this. Then i did some more digging and another forum on n54tech said its likely that the TMAP's sensor ground may have been blown when i installed or uninstalled the JB4 so i cut the wire and re-grounded it to the chassis.... code still remains.... Ill be revisiting it with the multi-meter this weekend, and after that maybe replacing the plug itself. If that doesnt work im out of ideas... If you or anyone else has a solution PLEASE PLEASE POST i want my boost back. Good-luck tho man
Did you find out what the problem was?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 05:51 AM   #22
simp18d
Do Alittle
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW e82 N55

2C6F: Loose Charge pipe @ throttle Body

I have recently owned a 2013 N55 e82, I have only found out how important the MAF, MAP, Throttle Sensor, O2 Sensors is to diagnose the vehicle to achieve the 14.7 fuel mix. and most of all these codes are triggered when the balance is off.

I had the 2C6F code coming up since I replaced my Charge Pipe. What I found it's more than likely it has nothing to do with any sensor's malfunction but an air leak or vacuum leak another forum states the sensor has past it's limits.

I fiddled with the charge pipe to get it fitted into the throttle body properly and got rid of the code.
I notice the original rubber gasket that came with the OEM plastic charge pipe does not fit in well with the aftermarket alloy charge pipe. In conclusion the 2c6F is a loose charge pipe fitting.

The code 2C90 that's what been coming up since more bolt on mods and JB4 install. I came across another Forum for the JB4, there's so many information but not sure which really relates to this code but I suspect it has something to do with the OEM MAF Sensor where it only reads upto 2.5. Once modification is done, the recommended MAF sensor is the 3.5+.

It makes sense, logically as more modification applied to the vehicle i.e. greater air supply hence needs a bigger range sensor.
Please correct me if I'm wrong and if some have upgraded their MAF sensor to =>3.5 please advise as I would like to learn too or if the larger 3.5 MAF sensor fix the problem then I will upgrade to one but if the problem exists let me know too and i'll continue to research. thanks in advance to future contributors...
Appreciate 0