BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-14-2018, 01:52 PM   #1
freshmixednuts
Rep
Drives: 135i

Question USB Flash Drive issue

I have a 2013 135i non iDrive. It plays music just fine from a 128 gb usb flash drive that is plugged under the armrest. It shows my entire music library no problem. The problem is, I have changed the way some song titles were listed on the usb and it appears that it has indexed the entire usb drive. So now it lists the old song: "01 - Song Title" and the new song: "Song Title". The issue is that "01 - Song Title" does not exist anymore on the usb drive. It will try to play it only to say unreadable. Many times it will just get stuck trying to play that song over and over. Im not sure why it still thinks that song is on the drive. Is there a way to clear the index of the usb so it will only show the current songs and the way the song titles are formatted? I have reformatted the usb multiple times. I have also hooked up a different usb to try and clear the index out. The only thing I haven't done is change the volume name. Not sure if others have experienced this. Thanks for your help.