BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Video: How to Bed-in Brake Pads and Rotors

Hi Guys,
A couple of months ago I posted a link to an article I wrote about how to choose brake pads. I’ve received a steady stream of emails and comments from forum members who benefited from that piece, so I decided to address another commonly discussed brake topic, bedding-in pads and rotors. Understanding how to properly prepare your brakes is critical for getting the most performance and longevity out of your components. Since visuals go such a long way towards adequately explaining this topic, I decided to use video in addition to a written article.

As with my prior article, this video is not intended to promote any one brand of brake pad, rotor, or brake system. The objective is to teach enthusiasts how to get the most out of whatever brake system they have on their car. My hope is that you’ll get more enjoyment out of your car, you’ll save money on brake parts, and we’ll all have fewer repetitive topics to wade through on this forum.

A few notes: When you click the link, please be patient and give the video a few seconds to load and buffer before viewing it (it’s quite long and high res). Also, if you only want to see the actual bed-in procedure or have a slow internet connection, there are links to shortened and low-bandwidth versions of the video below the main video. Finally, if you find this information useful, please feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the video page. Thanks, and we hope you enjoy it!
Jeff

http://www.essexparts.com/learning-center/Bed-in
Appreciate 0