BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #45
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Gray 135i

Delivery to you? Isn't that a bit faster than expected? Cool! I hope it happens soon!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #46
Hexley
Can't Stop Lovin' Blue
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i Coupe

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
I would say so yes, assuming they get a truck on short notice, that could take a week or two if unlucky.
      10-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #47
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The ship my car is on (Toledo) is passing through the Panama Canal now! It's pretty cool to use marinetracker.com to follow ships through, and see them pass in real-time via the pancanal.com webcam. Next stop, Lago Miraflores, then the Miraflores locks, and it's through!

According to Port Hueneme, it's due on Nov 3. Of course then, it's got to get off the ship, to the BMW facility, have suspension & exhaust installed, then get shipped to my dealer in Northern California... (Does anyone who has had stuff installed at port have experience with how long all that takes?)

But it's good to know it's moving!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #48
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameselee View Post
The ship my car is on (Toledo) is passing through the Panama Canal now! It's pretty cool to use marinetracker.com to follow ships through, and see them pass in real-time via the pancanal.com webcam. Next stop, Lago Miraflores, then the Miraflores locks, and it's through!

According to Port Hueneme, it's due on Nov 3. Of course then, it's got to get off the ship, to the BMW facility, have suspension & exhaust installed, then get shipped to my dealer in Northern California... (Does anyone who has had stuff installed at port have experience with how long all that takes?)

How'd you find which ship yours is on? Mine is en route right now...I'm guessing on the Tokyo Express.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #49
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

You have to contact your dealer to find out what ship your car is on. That was a bit of effort in my case (details on another thread).

After finding the name of the ship, I used info in "The Ultimate 1-series Order / Ship Tracking Guide" (http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206072 - a sticky thread at the beginning of this forum).

I somehow stumbled on www.marinetraffic.com, which is one of various live ship trackers.

I Googled for "Panama Canal webcam", which led me to the Panama Canal Port Authority's "Multimedia" page: http://www.pancanal.com/eng/multimedia/index.html

Since I know the ship is bound for the Port of Hueneme, I found the Current Vessel Schedule on their site, http://www.portofhueneme.org.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #50
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
^^^ yeah, I saw those sites too when I was searching for my vessel. I guess I'll call my CA to find out for sure. Thanks and good luck...looks like I'm a couple weeks behind you. Time to start ordering mods
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #51
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Going through the Panama Canal

I remember a few weeks ago, seeing someone else post images of their car making this transit and thinking, "I won't be that obsessive!" Ha!

Without further ado, here's the Toledo, passing through the Miraflores Locks:
Attached Images

Last edited by jameselee; 10-28-2010 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: left out a few words
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #52
lavman
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 montego 135 cpe

thank you for posting that james.

now i have something to show my girlfriend. you know her, right? she's the one who been making fun of me and rolling her eyes for months saying that i *keep* talking, googling, etc., about my car.

so like i said, thank you james . . . for making me look disinterested by comparison.

just kidding.

i totally would have done just what you did if i wasn't on the east coast).

fyi: my car got off the boat in ny/nj on 10/26 and spent two days in prep at the port. it is on a truck to the dealer now, expected to arrive tomorrow. i have a bunch of mods (including outsourced stuff like like tint and di noc'd interior trim) so it will probably be tuesday or wednesday before it's ready for pick up.
'11 montego 135i 6mt/blk leather/msport/conv/prem/value/hk/heated/sirius/nav/bmwperf grills,skirts,shrtshft, cfspoiler,pedals/tint/cfsplitters/dinoc int trim incl steering wheel/best front plate mount ever
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #53
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavman View Post

now i have something to show my girlfriend. you know her, right? she's the one who been making fun of me and rolling her eyes for months saying that i *keep* talking, googling, etc., about my car.
Yeah, she and my wife (and I'm sure a lot of other 1addicts.com members' significant others) are probably in a support group together. (The worst is her almost indifference!)

I tried to be cool in the beginning, thinking I'd just check on it once in a while. And indeed, that's exactly how it happened at first. I even smirked at the other guy posting the Panama Canal webcam shots, telling my wife how "obsessive some of the guys on the forum get about all this". I knew that wouldn't be me.

Then I started calling the 800# once a day. Then the status changes started coming, and soon, I was dialing it multiple times a day.

But I knew I could quit any time; I had it under *control*, man!

Before long, I started sneaking in video clips of exhaust sounds. I knew it was bad when I found myself playing one of the N55 and BMW Performance Exhaust on my existing car's stereo via YouTube on my iPhone.

That's about when I found out what ship the car was on, and quickly became an expert in ship tracking and maritime operations. Next thing I knew, I was watching the real-time update on the ship tracking site side-by-side with the live webcam.

I knew I'd become a true 1addict!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #54
Yogijet
Captain
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i, Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavman View Post

so like i said, thank you james . . . for making me look disinterested by comparison.

just kidding.

i totally would have done just what you did if i wasn't on the east coast).

fyi: my car got off the boat in ny/nj on 10/26 and spent two days in prep at the port. it is on a truck to the dealer now, expected to arrive tomorrow. i have a bunch of mods (including outsourced stuff like like tint and di noc'd interior trim) so it will probably be tuesday or wednesday before it's ready for pick up.
Congratulations to all of you!!!

BMW Performance Exhaust, Michelin Pilot Supersports F-225/40, R-255/35, BMW Performance Suspension, BMW Performance black kidneys, Quaife LSD, M3 rear sub-f bushings, M3 front control arm, rear guide rod and rear upper link kits, BMW Performance cross-drilled/slotted rotors, AFE Cold Air Intake.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #55
emendy135
Registered
Rep
Drives: 0

Late to the party, but mine just (according to the 800#, so timing is taken with a grain of salt) reached port today. It took four days to reach port, which surprised me.

And now, I wait. My CA hasn't been terribly communicative. We'll see what happens. Before Turkey Day would be nice. (I'm on the east coast, I can damned near see Port Jersey from my office building.)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 01:02 AM   #56
bioslug
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M3

Quote:

Nice. My car is on the Toledo too.. thanks for posting all that info.. i have been following the vessel through the w&w website which says it should be in PH on the 6th.. the PH website has it coming into port tomorrow, which is the same day my dealer said it should arrive... so i'm hoping for tomorrow.

I just saw the 1500 holiday cash, so im hoping i can cash in on that.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #57
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioslug View Post
Nice. My car is on the Toledo too.. thanks for posting all that info.. i have been following the vessel through the w&w website which says it should be in PH on the 6th.. the PH website has it coming into port tomorrow, which is the same day my dealer said it should arrive... so i'm hoping for tomorrow.

I just saw the 1500 holiday cash, so im hoping i can cash in on that.
Ditto to all the above!

BTW, were you able to find your car on the w&w website by searching for the VIN?

I was not, and I don't like that. I even did wildcard searching (finish the initial string with a "%") and didn't find it. I also tried searching by Bill of Lading number, to no avail.

I sure hope it's just some quirk (like I hope w&w is wrong about the arrival, but I kinda doubt it, since it's their ship). I haven't been able to find the Toledo on marinetracking.com since shortly after it left the Panama Canal.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #58
jetblackone
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 128i

Smile Port to Transit Time

The 800 number says my car is in transit : )
Took exactly a week from arriving at port.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #59
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well, I emailed my CA to start narrowing down time frames, since W&W shows the Toledo at Port Hueneme on 2010.11.06, and he replied saying, "The actual date to port is now 10-12. We'll need to allow 1 week for parts installation and should have the new car here the following week."

I wonder if that's why I still don't see the Toledo on marinetracker.com...

So, I think I'll be lucky to get the car by Thanksgiving. It'll certainly be something for which to be thankful though!

The good news is, he confirmed I'll get all the new rates and programs. (Holiday Credit, and Nov rate is now *0.00125*!!)

I have to say, I'd rather wait & get the $1500 credit and 0.00125 vs. getting the Sep rate of 0.0017 (which would have forced me to use MSDs to get my payment where I want it) and no credit. Still sucks to wait though.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #60
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblackone View Post
The 800 number says my car is in transit : )
Took exactly a week from arriving at port.
Good for you! Mine sat at port for 2 weeks. Did your CA tell you what ship it's on?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #61
bioslug
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M3

What?!?!?

[QUOTE=jameselee;8283635]Well, I emailed my CA to start narrowing down time frames, since W
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #62
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=bioslug;8285253]
Quote:
Well, I emailed my CA to start narrowing down time frames, since W
I don't know if he's talking about the ship per se, or the car reaching the BMW "port" where they do the installation stuff.

It's possible he could mean the latter, which might make sense if the ship docks on the 6th. The car wouldn't instantly reach the BMW prep center, so I suppose it's reasonable that could take a few days.

I hope that's the case, and that the ship itself isn't actually delayed again (initially, it was supposed to reach PH on 3 Nov).

I recommend checking with your CA to see what he says. If you do, please post what you find out!

Again, the bright side is that we've got great new incentives!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #63
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well, the Port of Hueneme just updated their schedule, and it shows the Toledo arriving Nov 7. :\

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...l_schedule.pdf
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #64
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

And the Toledo is now back in range of marinetraffic.com!

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...mmsi=232240000

Last edited by jameselee; 11-06-2010 at 01:39 AM.. Reason: Correct URL
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #65
emendy135
Registered
Rep
Drives: 0

How often are ships delayed? My CA is a little less than forthcoming when I ask for shipping information.

Upshot is that my 135 is now reported as in transit. It may have been at port for two days, but possibly five depending on how lagged the webpage and 800# were. If it went W&W, I think it's on the Manon. Should arrive in Jersey on the Wed or Thurs after next. Having to watch the car sit there for any extended period of time might get to me. The dealership isn't more than 45 or 50 minutes away.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #66
jameselee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The Toledo is at Port Hueneme!!

Finally!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0