BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #89
Dr_Jones
Major
Rep
Drives:

And the winner is ML by a nose....

sweet delicious victory...actually piss-poor florida beer (dunedin brewery piper pale ale)

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #90
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML View Post
Where did you go?
Sounds like he went to town fair tire. Can't speak for all of them but the one near me seems to employ complete idiots
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #91
ML
Change for a Nickle?
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, Mazda truck

It seems like its the same around here, too. I'm just hoping that it's not one of the better shops. If he did go to Town Fair, I think he owes everybody a round of beers at the next dinner. I'm not surprised that the rims got scratched. The runflats are a bear to get on and worse to get back off, especially with the typical tooling. However, mixing up the front and rears is inexcusable.
      03-11-2009, 06:06 AM   #92
arrutled
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Olsa

I took It to a guy to get some other work done(olde time service on memorial drive in chicopee) who says that had put an exhaust on a 1er? was that you ML? anyways he said he would take care of getting the wheels on too. He(Brian kennedy at olde time service) took them down to town fair and made sure none of the novices did the work. looked good first time besides the fact that a 215 BARELY fits on a 8.5 wheel. when I took it back it must have been amateur hour. so NO it was not my idea to take it to town fair but YES it did go to town fair. anyways, lesson learned.

AW 135i w/ blackette, performance short shift kit, BMW alarm, Performance rotors, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Direzza Star Spec 235/275, Dinan stage 3 suspension, M3 wishbones/tension rods/front sway/rear subframe bushings and thats all folks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #93
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

I think everyone has to make the Town Fair mistake once in there life
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #94
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrutled View Post
I took It to a guy to get some other work done(olde time service on memorial drive in chicopee) who says that had put an exhaust on a 1er? was that you ML? anyways he said he would take care of getting the wheels on too. He(Brian kennedy at olde time service) took them down to town fair and made sure none of the novices did the work. looked good first time besides the fact that a 215 BARELY fits on a 8.5 wheel. when I took it back it must have been amateur hour. so NO it was not my idea to take it to town fair but YES it did go to town fair. anyways, lesson learned.
man I'd be ripping. Can't believe they made the mistake of putting the narrow tires on the wider wheels.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #95
arrutled
Colonel
Rep

^I was less than amused, thats fer sure

AW 135i w/ blackette, performance short shift kit, BMW alarm, Performance rotors, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Direzza Star Spec 235/275, Dinan stage 3 suspension, M3 wishbones/tension rods/front sway/rear subframe bushings and thats all folks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #96
arrutled
Colonel
Rep

call me anal, but whatever
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #97
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
/\ /\ no way you're being anal, I'd be pissed beyond belief

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #98
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
United_States
Rep
Drives: better than the boys ;)

Garage List
2011 Ducati 848EVO  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWeber View Post
I think everyone has to make the Town Fair mistake once in there life
I did 2 years ago... got an alignment on my Volk GT-7 and they scrathched the face of them...

Quote:
^I was less than amused, thats fer sure
You need to not live so far from civilization, so you have better luck with shops!! Poor rims....
      03-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #99
LittleVik
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Black/Black

That looks unacceptable. Did they actually think that this was going to be OK and you would drive off? I mean, seriously??
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #100
windmaker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Jones View Post
So im sitting in my hotel room catching up on my email email after a long day sweating it out in the sun (literally...im in tampa) and just got to the sixth and final beer in monday-and-tuesday-night-sixpack.

Ive been using unopened beers to pry off caps....lever style as my church key is at home

How can i get this sixth cap off?

Suggestions welcome as i really dont want to drag my a$$ down to the desk
use a lighter Dr. Jones. It always works for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #101
ML
Change for a Nickle?
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, Mazda truck

Quote:
I took It to a guy to get some other work done(olde time service on memorial drive in chicopee) who says that had put an exhaust on a 1er? was that you ML?
That was my car! He chickened out when it came to cutting the resonator out, so it came home with the axle-back section only. I've never met Brian but I have a friend that uses Olde Time for a lot of general service work on commercial/trade vehicles. My friend has always has always dropped my car off there for me on his way to work. Brian used to do a fair amount of tire service work, but got burned about a year ago on a Pathfinder (I think) that came in with a wheel fused to the hub. He ended up eating quite a bit of money on it. He seems to have started farming out the tire work since then.

Sorry about your new rims. Had I kept my car, I would have been putting those on my car, too.

Also, I have had good luck with City Tire on Memorial in Chicopee and in Westside for general tire service. The manager there keeps a good eye on guys in the bays and knows his stuff. There's a very good alignment shop in Springfield. Drop me a PM if you ever need their number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
You need to not live so far from civilization, so you have better luck with shops!! Poor rims....
Hey! It's not like we're stuck in Appalachia around Springfield. That's like 10 miles west of here.
      03-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #102
Dr_Jones
Major
Rep
Drives:

Andy,

looking at those pictures i realize why there is a seven day waiting period for hand cannons.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #103
arrutled
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML View Post
That was my car! He chickened out when it came to cutting the resonator out, so it came home with the axle-back section only. I've never met Brian but I have a friend that uses Olde Time for a lot of general service work on commercial/trade vehicles. My friend has always has always dropped my car off there for me on his way to work. Brian used to do a fair amount of tire service work, but got burned about a year ago on a Pathfinder (I think) that came in with a wheel fused to the hub. He ended up eating quite a bit of money on it. He seems to have started farming out the tire work since then.

Sorry about your new rims. Had I kept my car, I would have been putting those on my car, too.

Also, I have had good luck with City Tire on Memorial in Chicopee and in Westside for general tire service. The manager there keeps a good eye on guys in the bays and knows his stuff. There's a very good alignment shop in Springfield. Drop me a PM if you ever need their number.

Hey! It's not like we're stuck in Appalachia around Springfield. That's like 10 miles west of here.
Thanks for the reccomendations, Ill definetly drop you a pm anytime I dont know where to go now! Brian is a really nice guy. He has helped me get this wheel mess figured out with the idiots down at town fair. He also swapped out and put my performance rotors in and he did a fine job with that so I really have no complaints with Olde time service. cheers!

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #104
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
So spring is tomorrow.... anyone taking vacation?
      03-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #105
pheller
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

My next vacation isn't until late May or June... :-/
      03-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #106
arrutled
Colonel
Rep

I want my damn wheels back!!!! I just hope that the manager over at town fair has the decency to do it right this time. Cause I will flip shit if they get scratched again. I was supposed to get them friday, nope, then yesterday, nope, they werent even finished, maybe today? prob not. If this keeps up they are going to leave me no choice but to bash them on a google review. OH YEAH, revenge

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #107
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
I want my damn wheels back!!!! I just hope that the manager over at town fair has the decency to do it right this time. Cause I will flip shit if they get scratched again. I was supposed to get them friday, nope, then yesterday, nope, they werent even finished, maybe today? prob not. If this keeps up they are going to leave me no choice but to bash them on a google review. OH YEAH, revenge
Hope both of us get out rims sometime before the end of the year!!
      03-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #108
Dr_Jones
Major
Rep
Drives:

anybody else sick?

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #109
amybang
... and Orca too!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible (AW/CR)

Quote:
anybody else sick?
Sick? What did you guys _do_ on Saturday night?!

amy!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 07:36 PM   #110
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
anybody else sick?
I'm sick of this cold weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybang View Post
Sick? What did you guys _do_ on Saturday night?!
amy!
Dr_Jones didn't attend dinner saturday.