BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #1
El Versace
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i xdrive

Code P2C57

Hey guys,

I recently changed my coils, spark plugs, injectors, and got a vrsf charge pipe. I was driving and The mil with the engine half filled in came on. This is the 3rd time this has happened and the dtc P2C57 came up. I have a cobb stage 1+ tune and I was wondering if I can get some help narrowing down the problem. I have a 2011 135i M sport 7 spd dct. The car has about 91k miles. I want to get some advice before I tear it up and order parts. Also when I turn the car off and on after a while, the mil and dtc go away.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 01:32 AM   #2
nebrilon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E82

The P2C57 is a boost leak code.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 03:36 AM   #3
El Versace
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrilon View Post
Do you have any advice where I should check first? And where I could get a good smoke machine?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 10:35 AM   #4
jojo2333
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Versace View Post
Quote:
Do you have any advice where I should check first? And where I could get a good smoke machine?
This started after installing the charge pipe as well? I'd consider taking a look at the charge pipe, make sure all meth bungs are capped and that the O-ring was installed / seated properly. Check vacuum lines as well. Soap and water in a spray bottle works wonders, you will see bubbling if there's an air leak while the motor runs. Smoke and pressure test would forsure help. Can you hear the boost leak as well?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 12:36 AM   #5
El Versace
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2333 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Versace View Post
Quote:
This started after installing the charge pipe as well? I'd consider taking a look at the charge pipe, make sure all meth bungs are capped and that the O-ring was installed / seated properly. Check vacuum lines as well. Soap and water in a spray bottle works wonders, you will see bubbling if there's an air leak while the motor runs. Smoke and pressure test would forsure help. Can you hear the boost leak as well?
This happened before I got the charge pipe. I could hear the leak before I changed it from the stock charge pipe. I was hoping that'll fix it cause I needed a better one anyways. I installed the new one and made sure that the sleeves clamps were secured, and the meth holes are capped properly. Could I get a pressure tester at harbor frieght?
Appreciate 0