Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Power79
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC OFF View Post
Looks great, square or staggered?
Staggered setup FA : 8,5 with 245/40/18 PS2 Tyres
RA : 9,5 with 265/40/18 PS2
I bought this set second hand with tyres on, at the back they are already a bit worn but the rims are spotless. Planning to go for PSS.

Do these tires have a taller profile than the OEM tires do? (is there more rubber between the rim and the road?)

///1M
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #24
Chapman1977
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///1M View Post
Do these tires have a taller profile than the OEM tires do? (is there more rubber between the rim and the road?)

///1M
Just by a hair..According to a calculator that I found on the internet the fronts are 0.1 cm smaller, rears 0.1 cm bigger in diameter than the original sizes so you definitely can't tell the difference by looking at them.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:19 AM   #25
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///1M View Post

///1M
Of course you have more rubber and quite a lot. Did you know a car absorbs 70% with his tyres and only 30% with his suspension?
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #26
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman1977 View Post
Just by a hair..According to a calculator that I found on the internet the fronts are 0.1 cm smaller, rears 0.1 cm bigger in diameter than the original sizes so you definitely can't tell the difference by looking at them.

Cheers
i did the same calculation on http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/ and had the same results : only a slight difference from 0,15% in overall diameter but that's not what he meant i think.
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #27
Chapman1977
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Power79 View Post
i did the same calculation on http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/ and had the same results : only a slight difference from 0,15% in overall diameter but that's not what he meant i think.
Yeah, you might be right...but I thought that must be obvious (40>35) and he must mean the diameter of the whole wheel..

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #28
///1M
Captain
Rep
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Power79 View Post
Yeah, you might be right...but I thought that must be obvious (40>35) and he must mean the diameter of the whole wheel..

Cheers
Thanks Chapman and M3Power for your replies. Yes, I meant to ask if the tires on the 18" setup have thicker rubber; I didn't initially see that they are 40 vs the OEM 35.

This would certainly make the 18" wheels more attractive for my purposes.
Appreciate 0