BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-29-2023, 02:18 AM   #1
lvfb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i cabrio

(2009 128i vertte n51) POS top wont open or close ISTA CODE 00D218

I think this probably happened from the big rain storm that happened recently.

I push the top open button, the windows go down a little and it un latches and thats it. the second i let go it says "top not secure"

i use allen key to latch back on, push close top button and the message that says its not latched goes away but the second i let go of the close top button it comes back on.

I scan with ISTA+ and i get code 00D217 "no message ( terminal status), receiver cvm transmitter CAS"

i go through the test plan and it just says what it thinks it could be. Doesnt actually retime or reset the top procedure.

I pulled the release cords in the trunk and i am able to put the top in the clamshell / trunk but the tonneau cover does NOT latch. I try pushing the close or open button and nothing happens.

I found in ISTA+ that there is a "NED" option in >vehicle management > troubleshooting> NED and that seems to have something to do with the convertible top. i haven't gotten much time to play with it but am going to keep messing with it.

I feel like if i am able to just retime or reset the procedure for the top opening and closing i can fix this pos.

If anyone has any insight feel free to let me know what you got, but i dont expect much from this forum....
Appreciate 0