BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-15-2017, 10:01 PM   #155
metblkbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 1M

Garage List
2011 bmw  [0.00]
Thank you
Appreciate 1
Dackelone7914.50

07-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #156
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by metblkbmw View Post
Thank you
      10-26-2017, 08:22 PM   #157
M3 Adjuster
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChassisGuy View Post
Just wanted to share my experience. I replaced my front pads and rotors while keeping the non-damaged pad sensors (as others have). Also recently flushed all fluids prior to a track day. I recently got the service warning and then the red service light with the overdue mileage count. I got up to -300 before attempting a reset.

From some of the other posts I was worried I would have to go to the dealer, but gave this method a try anyway. Here's what I did:

1) Reset front brake and got the "-----" instead of mileage
2) Reset the "lift" service and got a new service date
3) Went back and reset the front brake again and the mileage was reset

Make sure you try a second reset before taking it to the dealer!

Chris
Thank you. I've been struggling with eliminating the Lift symbol. I will try this. I keep getting ---- with the pads.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 11:44 PM   #158
Donegal-BMW
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible E88

Question Newbie ! Need help - Front & Back Pads read "---------"

Read through this thread, but unfortunately did not get a solution to my problem :-).

Once I put the cpu into reset mode as described above, and scroll through the various items I can reset, my Front and Back brake pad indicators read (----------) Miles, I press and hold the RESET the little clock does a full 360 rotation, but reading is stil "--------". ttried on both front and back with no success.
So when I start the car up the icon with CAR on a Lift is shown, and then I have constant red BRAKE warning light.

So can someone help point me to a fix for reseting the Fornt/Back Brake pads to something greater that "---------".

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 04:46 AM   #159
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donegal-BMW View Post
Read through this thread, but unfortunately did not get a solution to my problem :-).

Once I put the cpu into reset mode as described above, and scroll through the various items I can reset, my Front and Back brake pad indicators read (----------) Miles, I press and hold the RESET the little clock does a full 360 rotation, but reading is stil "--------". ttried on both front and back with no success.
So when I start the car up the icon with CAR on a Lift is shown, and then I have constant red BRAKE warning light.

So can someone help point me to a fix for reseting the Fornt/Back Brake pads to something greater that "---------".

Cheers
Once your brake pad light(s) turn red... you need to replace the pad sensor(s)(one for each axle) and then have a dealer reset the light.

There was one post here where one forum user shorted the wires and tried to reset it. Somehow he got it to reset. But many others have also tried that method and were not successful.

Dackel
      04-10-2018, 11:06 AM   #160
Donegal-BMW
Rep

Dackel:
Cheers for the response, I had the front Disks & Pads done by a reputable BMW/Porsche Workshop here in WA approx 6K Miles ago. If my Front pads are now reading (-------) then they obviously did not reset them correctly at the time. I brought the car to them yeterday, owner hooked up his diagnostics computer, stated that Front were good and back were low but not needing replacement just yet. I know the process...next is get me in replace pads and disks on rear and at same time re calibrate the pad millage settings, My preference would be able to re-set the settings my self - there has to be a way to do this with out going to the dealer :-).
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #161
Donegal-BMW
Rep

I also checked out / follwed the steps defined in this "YouTube Video" with no sucess :-)

I still end up with " mls ------ " being displayed. :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #162
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donegal-BMW View Post
Dackel:
Cheers for the response, I had the front Disks & Pads done by a reputable BMW/Porsche Workshop here in WA approx 6K Miles ago. If my Front pads are now reading (-------) then they obviously did not reset them correctly at the time. I brought the car to them yeterday, owner hooked up his diagnostics computer, stated that Front were good and back were low but not needing replacement just yet. I know the process...next is get me in replace pads and disks on rear and at same time re calibrate the pad millage settings, My preference would be able to re-set the settings my self - there has to be a way to do this with out going to the dealer :-).
Did they replace the brake pad wear sensors ? New pads and rotors doesn't mean new sensors were replaced. It might be time to go to another shop or even a dealership.

I bet they didn't replace the pad wear sensors. I think that's your problem. Then you can try to reset using the video you posted.

Dackel
      04-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #163
Donegal-BMW
Rep

Just ordered 2 new sensors - will swap them out and see if I can reset.
Tks.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone7914.50

05-30-2018, 10:05 PM   #164
Redrumrobert
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

nice!!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 03:25 AM   #165
chrispy104
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i White w Coral

Read through all the posts with the key word "interval' to try and find if someone had successfully changed the Oil change interval value but wasn't able to find anything. Can it be done or is the setting a fixed value? I have done 68,000 km and managed to reset an annoying 'SERVICE' advice but noted that the Oil Can icon has a value of 31000km. Seems a bit odd. It's not a daily driver, rather it is basically a weekend car therefore very few Km's are accrued over the year.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 07:51 AM   #166
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy104 View Post
Read through all the posts with the key word "interval' to try and find if someone had successfully changed the Oil change interval value but wasn't able to find anything. Can it be done or is the setting a fixed value? I have done 68,000 km and managed to reset an annoying 'SERVICE' advice but noted that the Oil Can icon has a value of 31000km. Seems a bit odd. It's not a daily driver, rather it is basically a weekend car therefore very few Km's are accrued over the year.
You can change it via car coding.