BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #45
135iUSN
135i is fun at 155mph
135iUSN's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,438
Posts

Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CVG

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
bimmian costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFD99 View Post
Noticed Bimmian has their own kit now too, though I don't have any plans of trying them as I'm very happy with my HPB kit.
http://www.bimmian.com/82/IXB/
With premium pk, Interior Xenon Bulbs For E82 Coupe
High Power 2.0 LED Bulb Kit w/14 bulbs

$109 ($10 shipping/ground) $119.00
__________________
'09 135i / Dinan Stage 2 / Alpine White w/Terracotta / High Gloss Black Trim / ZCW / ZPP / ZSP w/313's / CA / PDC / Step
'08 LR3 HSE Lux
'13 Airstream Eddie Bauer 25'
'15 i3 Rex-retired
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #46
JefryHorizon
Lieutenant
JefryHorizon's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
437
Posts

Drives: Bus Pass
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ktown

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dko3tgk View Post
Not to put down the BMW OEM kits, but the Ebay LED bulbs I bought for under $2 a piece are equally as bright based on all the pictures I see in this forum.

Just make sure they are canbus for the error codes and 5050 leds for brightness.

I don't see the reason for expensive BMW kits when Ebay bulbs are way cheaper and seemingly just as bright.
I went the same route and ended up spending less than $25 for the entire swap out despite having tried an $80 "error free" kit before that had errors lol

Still need to swap out my back plate LEDs tho.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #47
ballski
First Lieutenant
United_States
15
Rep
332
Posts

Drives: x5m
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
1987 325is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JefryHorizon View Post
I went the same route and ended up spending less than $25 for the entire swap out despite having tried an $80 "error free" kit before that had errors lol

Still need to swap out my back plate LEDs tho.
link? or did you just piece it together?

I have gotten stuff from www.superbrightleds.com before and was happy with them
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #48
BFD99
The Stig!
BFD99's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
890
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, Ok

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballski View Post
link? or did you just piece it together?

I have gotten stuff from www.superbrightleds.com before and was happy with them
I used them for my lightbar under my hood I installed last night. I'll post pics on it once I get all the wires tucked up and I'm happy with a clean install.
__________________
2008 135i - FBO + JB4 15ohm + Water Meth
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=136481&dateline=13270  10872
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #49
JefryHorizon
Lieutenant
JefryHorizon's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
437
Posts

Drives: Bus Pass
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ktown

iTrader: (3)

The ones I ordered already have their listings ended on eBay but with these links I'm sure you'll get the idea, be sure to contact the vendor regarding the specs before you actually place an order or risk errors.

Technically these will be the same ones you get from those pre-assembled kits, just picked out by the "pros" who know what works and what doesnt for a slight mark-up.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw...d=140635401011

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw...d=320802087098
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #50
WhiteTgr135i
Captain
United_States
50
Rep
967
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: City of Rapture

iTrader: (5)

Ordered the High Performance LED interior lighting on Saturday, 5/5/12, total cost was 77.50$ shipped. Received them today (picked standard 5-7 day shipping, so came very quickly), excellent packaging. Will install them today and post pictures!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #51
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
8508
Rep
22,672
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Ordered the High Performance LED interior lighting on Saturday, 5/5/12, total cost was 77.50$ shipped. Received them today (picked standard 5-7 day shipping, so came very quickly), excellent packaging. Will install them today and post pictures!

Cool. Please post some pics so we can see how well they light up the interior.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #52
WhiteTgr135i
Captain
United_States
50
Rep
967
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: City of Rapture

iTrader: (5)

Just got done installing the High Performance LED interior lighting. Here is my review;

Shipment / Packing : Shipment was very fast, only took 2 days for them to arrive on my door step. Packing was excellent. Crazy bubble wrap and shipping peanuts.

Quality : The LEDs are bright, but can be brighter. What i mean by that is, i don't have the courtesy lights, vanity mirror lights, and rear arm rest lights on the bottom, so my interior isn't as bright as the one posted on there website. (My car is only equipped with the M-Sport package).

Installation : Installation was a breeze. Took a total of 25-30 minutes altogether. Very straight forward, and HighPerformance LED included a little guide.

Overall, very happy with the product. The price is a little steep, 77$, but one of the best out there in my opinion. I will post better pictures, but these will do for now.

Pictures :

Before :


After (the yellowing on the passenger airbag is my garage light, not the interior lighting):
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #53
jimmy08awd
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: X5
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

If anyone has any round ones left over, I'd be willing to take them.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #54
Eddie135
N55 Commando
Eddie135's Avatar
Australia
31
Rep
789
Posts

Drives: 135i - DCT - N55
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Eddie135
Just installed the 10pc original BMW LED kit and Left with 2 extra pc?

Apparently the glovebox and the boot ones is not compatible?

Anyone done the install knows why the boot light and glovebox light not included?

Ten LED lamp kit - #63122212788 this is the one I ordered.

Thanks.

Last edited by Eddie135; 06-27-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #55
EM58NDS 135i
Private First Class
17
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: 2012 M135i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Just installed the 10pc original BMW LED kit and Left with 2 extra pc?

Apparently the glovebox and the boot ones is not compatible?

Anyone done the install knows why the boot light and glovebox light not included?

Ten LED lamp kit - #63122212788 this is the one I ordered.

Thanks.
The 2 pcs you have left are for the E87, 4 door version. The BMW kit doesn't come with the festoons required for the glove box or vanity visor lights. The boot light has to be purchased separately, it is a complete high intensity unit, not just a bulb replacement.

BMW LED Luggage Compartment Lamp #63312348803
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 05:04 AM   #56
sixthsense
New Member
2
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW E90 (320i)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Point Cook, Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

I got LED Light set from Ali Express. Paid AUD$ 26 delivered. Direct replacement and does the exact same job. Very impressed with the lights!! Easy to replace too!! A must DIY If your car doesn't come with white light!! Mine is 2006 E90 (320i)

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 07:18 AM   #57
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
NGEE's Avatar
378
Rep
2,069
Posts

Drives: '13 135is E82; '07 335i E90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Not Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dko3tgk View Post
Not to put down the BMW OEM kits, but the Ebay LED bulbs I bought for under $2 a piece are equally as bright based on all the pictures I see in this forum.

Just make sure they are canbus for the error codes and 5050 leds for brightness.

I don't see the reason for expensive BMW kits when Ebay bulbs are way cheaper and seemingly just as bright.
So these are stated Canbus, but don't see anything regarding brightness. Do you have a link for what you purchased?

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...84091000&ver=0
__________________
2013 E82 135is DCT; 2007 E90 335i Step; 2002 E46 325i Step; 1998 E36 328is 5sp MT
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #58
Jorgensen54
Lieutenant
Jorgensen54's Avatar
No_Country
94
Rep
470
Posts

Drives: 2008 AW/AG 135i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGEE View Post
So these are stated Canbus, but don't see anything regarding brightness. Do you have a link for what you purchased?

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...84091000&ver=0
I used this exact kit and they work perfectly. In your link, if you scroll down to the LED vs Halogen comparison, it states 100LM/W with Xenon White listed as the color (no temp reference)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CANBUS-16XW...item4405d478d4
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #59
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
NGEE's Avatar
378
Rep
2,069
Posts

Drives: '13 135is E82; '07 335i E90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Not Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgensen54 View Post
I used this exact kit and they work perfectly. In your link, if you scroll down to the LED vs Halogen comparison, it states 100LM/W with Xenon White listed as the color (no temp reference)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CANBUS-16XW...item4405d478d4
Awesome - ordered.
__________________
2013 E82 135is DCT; 2007 E90 335i Step; 2002 E46 325i Step; 1998 E36 328is 5sp MT
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST