BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

TPMS module location on 1M

Does anyone know where the TPMS module is located in the 1M? I recently got it coded out, but it still requires the module to be unplugged.

In the E90/92 M3's it started off the in passenger side of the trunk and then moved to the passenger, rear wheel well (see images below).

Just wondering if someone can confirm its location before I start tearing anything apart.

10-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
assuming all e82s are the same, it should be in the passenger side rear wheel side of the trunk as well. That's where mine was. You shouldn't need to tear anything apart to access it.

basically under that cubby with the small net.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
flzrider
Captain
Rep

Found it! It's on the underside of the car on the front facing surface of the center battery black plastic tray.
      10-18-2013, 02:12 AM   #4
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post
Does anyone know where the TPMS module is located in the 1M? I recently got it coded out, but it still requires the module to be unplugged.

Interested if you can you share with us, what benefit you are getting from removing the US TPMS?

and also if seeking the same benefit, what code, VO or module parameter does one have to remove or change to realize this (besides removing the hardware)?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
flzrider
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Interested if you can you share with us, what benefit you are getting from removing the US TPMS?

and also if seeking the same benefit, what code, VO or module parameter does one have to remove or change to realize this (besides removing the hardware)?
I had the US TPMS coded out by a friend of mine, but the module itself still needs to be physically disconnected. Some people accomplish that by pulling the fuse, but in our case, that particular fuse also powers the iDrive knob.

I believe only US cars get the wheel-mounted TPMS system (due to US law), everyone else gets the wheel speed/rolling diameter calculation method, which is what the car defaults to after the US TPMS system is deactivated.

I purchased a 2nd set of wheels and tires and didn't feel like purchasing another set of sensors, nor did I want to deal with the eventual dead batteries (which are non-replaceable) of the sensors.

The new F-series cars have an updated TPMS that can actually show individual tires pressures and temperatures, which seems much more useful, but it unfortunately cannot be retrofitted onto our cars.

In any case, instructions can be found here: (Take out the $$$ to get a working link)

Link: http://www.bmw$$$coding$$$.com/showthread.php?46-Disable-TPMS
      10-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
flzrider
Captain
Rep

A picture is worth a thousand words:
Attached Images