BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Shake
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

135is Build/Price Advice

My friend (TheGuestSpeaker on this forum) is looking to order a new 135is this week. Ideal build is below:
  • Space grey exterior
  • Coral Red Interior
  • 6-speed manual
  • Technology package
  • Harmon Kardon
  • Alarm
  • Rear Parking sensors

The MRSP: $50,150
Invoice (using BmwConfig.com): $46,680
Dealership negotiated price: $46,800+taxes,fees

1) What do you think about the pricing? Are there any incentives going on that can be applied or is $46.8k a good deal?
2) Opinions on the build? Are there any unnecessary options or must have options that we missed?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Images

Deep Sea Blue | Saddle Brown | N52 | LCI
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
vantagesc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Comfort access is a no-cost option? Is that an error in the website? My only advice would have been to add the premium pack because the auto-dimming, ambiance lighting, and mirror compass, which are nice to have. Plus it includes comfort access, but I thought that was normally a $400-500 option. I could live without the alarm to offset the added cost of the premium pack.

I'd also get rid of park distance control. Not really necessary with small car like this and if it adds visible sensors on the bumper, the car will look more clean without. In any case, it's really all up to you.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
Shake
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantagesc View Post
Comfort access is a no-cost option? Is that an error in the website? My only advice would have been to add the premium pack because the auto-dimming, ambiance lighting, and mirror compass, which are nice to have. Plus it includes comfort access, but I thought that was normally a $400-500 option. I could live without the alarm to offset the added cost of the premium pack.

I'd also get rid of park distance control. Not really necessary with small car like this and if it adds visible sensors on the bumper, the car will look more clean without. In any case, it's really all up to you.
Premium package is not that much more now that I think about it. Thank's for the insight. I didn't realize the leather was part of it.

The car will be in Chicago downtown quite often with many parallel parking scenarios. I think it would be a useful feature just for the peace of mind. I looked up pictures and the sensors didn't appear to be too obtrusive to the bumper lines. Feel free to post up a picture proving me wrong.

What are people paying for their IS's. After researching some of the other threads, it seems like a good deal is under invoice?

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

A few of us recently ordered ours and are awaiting their arrival, so I can chime in on a few things:

Premium package - ya, the 135is coupe configurator doesn't show that it includes leather (a $1450 stand alone option), yet if you configured a convertible it would clearly show that. So, if you want the leather, it may make sense to just get the whole premium package, but that's up to you if those lil things are worth about $1,000 to you, especially considering the whole "free" comfort access glitch/issue.

Comfort access - this seems to be a weird glitch in their system that shows up as a no cost option on the coupe. Again, for some reason it's not even there as a stand alone option on the convertible. I took advantage of this "free" comfort access and we're pretty sure it's on there at no charge. It shows as "N/C" on my order from BMW as well. =)

As for park distance control, I struggled with this one and didn't want it initially, but added it at the last minute on my order cause the more I thought about it, at just $380, while I've never backed into anything in almost 20 years of driving, if it helps prevent hitting something once, it pays for itself. Also, the circles are less and less noticeable on darker colors. I'm very used to a rearview camera and rear parking sensors on my current car, so getting them almost out of habit cause I'm so used to them. Plus, I was very much against the circles on my current car, but after getting it, they don't bother me one iota, so no big deal.

Price - depending on options, many people are getting about $4-5k off sticker it seems, so the price they gave you seems right in line with that and a good deal. Mine was $4k off an MSRP of $49,250.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
TheGuestSpeaker
The Timo Glock of Chicago
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 4Runner, '13 135is 6mt

Shake, thanks for posting this for me.

Greg. Sound advice. New to the whole Bimmer scene (coming from Lexus and Subaru) so I appreciate the help.

If I don't buy the alarm, I assume the car has one right? What does the extra "alarm option" really get me?

Thanks again for the help all
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

I had a 2008 135 and awaiting arrival of my 135is, so done this twice now.

If you don't buy the alarm, it comes with no alarm. A lot of people get it, somehow it seems to me alarms do nothing, especially in big cities. You could always put one in cheaper afterwards, too.

On the premium package, just up to you and if the additional options in the package are worth that extra $1,000 for you since seemingly comfort access (normally a $500 option) is available for free somehow. I will have confirmation of that in a couple of weeks when I get mine, in which case you may want to save the $1,000 and not get the premium package and just get the leather as a stand alone, and before they seemingly close that comfort access loophole.

Also, if you want to see what it looks like on a space gray 135is with the rear parking sensors to see how noticeable/annoying the sensors look to you, check out this one online. Granted, the pictures are all skewed and weird and the lighting stinks, but it's space gray and has the sensors:

http://www.bmwofbeverlyhills.com/new...0ce7caa42e.htm

Last edited by gregthegr8; 04-09-2013 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

GuestSpeaker,

Welcome to the forum. That is a good price you are being quoted. I found that the coupes were harder to get (at least when I ordered in Feb.) than converts, so discounts not quite as generous on the coupes. I think you are doing well at basically invoice price.

If you don't get the alarm option, no alarm. BMW used to include the alarm on all models as standard no cost, then they cheaped out a couple years ago and made it an option. If you want an alarm, spend the $400 (well it's actually $360 if you are paying dealer invoice) and get the factory integrated alarm. Don't screw around with an aftermarket one for that cost....

Let us know what ship you are on. And word to the wise, that Greg guy is the Dir of Entertainment on the Toreador and is a lousy wedding singer, so try to avoid that ship if you can....
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
socal135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black 135is

I paid $46,100 for my 135is. MSRP as around $51,000. The options on were the following: carbon black paint, DCT, premium package, tech package, leather, harmon kardon sound system and all the other small minor things.

Good luck with your purchase
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
TheGuestSpeaker
United_States
Rep

Ordered today! The "prod date" on the order sheet says 5/18, I assume that means it will be finished on or before that date and shipped out?

Specs:
135is coupe space grey
Coral red Boston leather interior
6spd/msport steering wheel
Tech package
Comfort access
Alarm
Harmon kardon
Rear parking sensors
BMW assist w/ Bluetooth.

Paid: $46.8k as stated before

Now the hardest part begins, waiting for the car. I wish the dealer would give all of us ordering some kind of advent calendar when we place the order so I can be rewarded each day with trinkets as I get closer to delivery lol. I need to start reading up on the n55, good first mods, best break in procedures, and all the other good stickies. If anyone has anything they think is worth reading feel free to post it here. Trying to use the search function but we all know how successful noobs in forums are with that
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #10
Shake
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuestSpeaker View Post
Ordered today! The "prod date" on the order sheet says 5/18, I assume that means it will be finished on or before that date and shipped out?

Specs:
135is coupe space grey
Tech package
Comfort access
Alarm
Harmon kardon
Rear parking sensors
BMW assist w/ Bluetooth.
I can't wait to see this in person when it comes in.

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #11
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Quote:

Specs:
135is coupe space grey
Tech package
Comfort access
Alarm
Harmon kardon
Rear parking sensors
BMW assist w/ Bluetooth.

Paid: $46.8k as stated before

Now the hardest part begins, waiting for the car. I wish the dealer would give all of us ordering some kind of advent calendar when we place the order so I can be rewarded each day with trinkets as I get closer to delivery lol. I need to start reading up on the n55, good first mods, best break in procedures, and all the other good stickies. If anyone has anything they think is worth reading feel free to post it here. Trying to use the search function but we all know how successful noobs in forums are with that
Did you get your car yet?

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #12
TheGuestSpeaker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
Did you get your car yet?
Yeah Loving it so far, just slowly eating through the break in miles...about 650 to go!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #13
Shake
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah Loving it so far, just slowly eating through the break in miles...about 650 to go!
I'll come take pics next week.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
Canasian
It has finally arrived. It's pretty cute!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is Space Gray DCT

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
If all goes well, I'll get mine in August and we'll be color triplets with mb135is! Only color because I'm DCT instead of 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #15
mb135is
Captain
Rep

Woo hoo tres space gray amigos!

Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #16
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I would definitely get rear PDC and HK options. Everything looks good for your buddies build. Maybe consider some of the port installed BMW Performance options: Exhaust, SSK, ect.

Only thing I could say is DO you know about the BMWCCA rebate? You can save another $500 off the car.

http://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #17
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I would definitely get rear PDC and HK options. Everything looks good for your buddies build. Maybe consider some of the port installed BMW Performance options: Exhaust, SSK, ect.

Only thing I could say is DO you know about the BMWCCA rebate? You can save another $500 off the car.

http://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate
Only problem with the BMWCCA rebate is you have to have been a member for more than a year prior to purchasing the car. =(
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #18
mb135is
Captain
Rep

It also doesn't apply when using certain purchasing services, like USAA.

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 04:19 AM   #19
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

^^Thanks guys - I did not know that.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #20
Shake
Private
United_States
Rep

TheGuestSpeaker will post up a picture thread in the "Showroom" shortly but here are a few teasers.

Appreciate 0