BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-09-2019, 10:01 PM   #1
pablom2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

MHD Stage 1 LOGS (at high altitude with bad gas)

Hi,

I tuned my car for the first time a week ago, can you please check my MHD logs?

There are 3 different logs here:
https://datazap.me/u/dieguitov/mhd-s...og=0&data=3-21

Car info:
135i N54 2008 - 66,000km / 41,000 miles
*Stock except for VRSF Chargepipe

HIGH ALTITUDE: 2,500 meters / 8,300 ft

There are lots of hills here, hard to get a pull on a complete straight level road.

MHD OTS Stage 1 Map v8 beta / ACN91 map

GAS quality is bad in my country, so I’m using the ACN91 map to be safe (supposedly the gas here is 92 RON).

I turned on the “sport” cooling target, is it OK to run this for my daily on the street? Climate is hot during the day where I live all year long.

I want to make sure the car is running fine first of all, car is very well maintained but what worries me is the high altitude and bad quality gas.

I’m also thinking of trying a LIQUI MOLY octane booster and running new logs to compare if it makes a difference?

Pretty soon I want to buy the VRSF 5” Intercooler for engine safety and to increase power with the Stage 1+, would you recommend I follow through with this plan looking at my logs and the altitude/bad gas situation?

My impressions driving it for a few days is that the car us running strong, smoothly and with increased power, nothing strange or bad to report.

On the MHD map when I check ECU status it says:

Misfire: complete
Fuel system: complete
Catalyst: INCOMPLETE
Heated Catalyst: Not avail.
Evaporative System: INCOMPLETE
Secondary Air System: Not avail.
A/C Refrigerant: Not avail.
Oxygen sensor: INCOMPLETE
Oxygen Sensor heater: complete
EGR System: Not avail

Why are there so many not available and INCOMPLETE is that normal? What should I do?

Regarding v7 and v8 maps which do you recommend and why? I experimented with v7 first and now changed to v8.

Thanks a lot for your help.
      07-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
Tiron
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

The INCOMPLETE messages is the list of your emissions monitors (they plug in to the OBD port to check these, instead of a tailpipe test like they used to do). Anytime you lose battery power or flash the ECU with a new tune it will reset these. This is totally normal and happens each time you flash.

You do not need to do anything but drive the car normally, the tests will run on their own, and when they do it will change to COMPLETE indicating the vehicle passes that particular emissions test. It usually takes 100 miles or less for all of these tests to pass for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #3
pablom2c
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks Tiron for your explanation regarding the ECU messages.

Unfortunately yesterday I got limp mode 3 times using the v8 beta stage 1 acn91 maps. The codes were 0030FE OVERBOOSTING AND 003100 BOOST PRESSURE CONTROL SHUTDOWN. From reading different threads apparently this is related to boost solenoids? Might have to change them?

I have now reverted back to v7 stage 1 acn91 map and the problem appears to be gone. Will test more in the following days but the car appears to run stronger and smoother with v7. I will make new logs with v7 maps.

Thank you.
      07-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
pablom2c
Private First Class
Rep

Please check my log to make sure my car is running healthy? I'm worried about the high altitude and bad gas combo:

Here you have 3 logs N54 STAGE 1 ACN91 V7.1, the second on the list is best I believe for you to check please:
https://datazap.me/u/dieguitov/no-co...og=1&data=3-21

The car is apparently running strong and smooth. I want to move to stage 1+ with a 5" VRSF intercooler, would you recommend I upgrade or due to the conditions I am in should I just stay with stage 1 and be conservative? Is there anything we can adjust on the map for high altitude?

I also tried the N54 v8 beta STAGE 1 ACN91 map and got error codes 3 times:
-30FE overboost
-3100 boost pressure control shutdown error

Since I'm getting errors I won't be running the v8 beta map anymore, but in case you can tell me if something is wrong with my car here are 3 logs of spirited driving with this map:

https://datazap.me/u/dieguitov/v8-be...shutdown?log=0

Thank you very much for your help.