BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-10-2019, 10:18 PM   #1
Elboz08
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

No fire

Hi all,

Looking for some suggestions to solve my issue. Some background.. I went to perform the Walnut blast to valves, but unfortunately my setup didn't give the results I was looking for after the first valve. From there I decided to change the plugs since I was in there to salvage the work already put in. After everything was put back together I went to start the car. The car will turn over, but no fire. I can hear the fuel pump turn on and stay on when I push the ignition. Rechecked that I had all connectors plugged in and I've checked all fuses related to fuel and they are good as well. Battery was disconnected when work was performed.

Reading codes from the dash gives many but the one that sticks out is a 309 code for a fuel pump failure. Is it dumb luck that the pump (I assume Low Pressure) happened to go out? I have an MHD 2+ tune and the odd thing is that I cannot connect to the DME in attempt to reset fault codes. This is troubling to think I may have dusted the DME but, also not making sense to me that everything else seemingly works.

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by Elboz08; 07-10-2019 at 10:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #2
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Recheck all of your wiring. Especially to the throttle body and the HPFP. It's possible you may have missed a connection or something is loose somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:37 PM   #3
Elboz08
Enlisted Member
Rep

Really haven't had time to do much, but I do know that the LPFP is turning on and the connections that I can see are secure. I figure that I should feel the HPFP turn on or running if I touch by hand but nothing. Does anyone know what the sequence is for the fuel system? Does LPFP turn on with ignition then send signal to HPFP to turn on or does the DME interrupt this?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 10:58 PM   #4
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Figure out why the obd port is unusable. That will probably be the same reason for your fuel pump error and no start. The DME is under the manifold you removed after all. God forbid you got some mung in the connectors!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #5
Elboz08
Enlisted Member
Rep

Re-removed manifold to check connections and all were good. Hooked everything back up with out manifold on to check voltage at the HPFP connection and got 9v. Went to kill ignition and take key out and noticed that my Android was connected to DME all the sudden. Cleared codes and put everything back together. She LIVES Perhaps one of the connections to the DME wasn't secure, iono.

Now a new issue while test driving. I've got no boost and a 2774 code for Mass air flow too high, but can hear the turbo spool. Some searching on this one has found loose connections to the pipes.

One step at a time I guess..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #6
Elboz08
Enlisted Member
Rep

Intake pipe from IC was not connected all the way. Didn't push the collar far enough over the tube. She drives fine now and maybe a little better actually since I put in new plugs and cleaned off the MAF sensors.

Thanks to the two guys for the responses. Not much participation and I could've just let the post die, but I know there will be someone like me looking for help. Cheers
Appreciate 0