BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
ryanb122
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Running lean logs jb4 fbo

Hey I have a 08 135i AT. Its full fbo with jb4. I had a walnut blast done by Darrel in Antioch (highly recommended). We were talking and he suggested we do some data logging with my car to see how I can make more power. We did 3 pulls and quickly found out somethings wrong. Car is running extremely lean and not targeting as much boost as I feel it should be. Need the help of some of you more experienced guys out there. We think fuel pump possibly? I attached all 3 logs, any info or thoughts would be great thanks. Logs are on Map 5

Also...fp-l ranges are all over the palce..is that normal?

http://datazap.me/u/boosthaus/ryan-5-16

Last edited by ryanb122; 05-17-2016 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #2
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb122 View Post
Hey I have a 08 135i AT. Its full fbo with jb4. I had a walnut blast done by Darrel in Antioch (highly recommended). We were talking and he suggested we do some data logging with my car to see how I can make more power. We did 3 pulls and quickly found out somethings wrong. Car is running extremely lean and not targeting as much boost as I feel it should be. Need the help of some of you more experienced guys out there. We think fuel pump possibly? I attached all 3 logs, any info or thoughts would be great thanks. Logs are on Map 5

http://datazap.me/u/boosthaus/ryan-5-16
Couple things. You need to update your jb4 firmware. Boost is meeting targets. Does look a little lean high rpm. LPFP pressures look questionable. What's your FOL? HPFP looks ok. You need 6 cyl timing enabled. Your log didn't record bank 2 AFR .

Are you running E85 mixture? Have you done a back end flash?
      05-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
ryanb122
Private
Rep

Unfortunately I don't have the software yet....I have a mac book, the jb4 came with the car when I bought it and now im trying to learn about how it works and tuning... Im trying to decide whether to sick with the jb4 or go to a flash tune before buying a windows computer. Darrel has the software so we did the data logging on his computer. Anyways yea I was thinking the lpfp numbers were all over the place too. Sorry for the noobnes but whats FOL?
Im Running straight CA 91oct and no, no back end flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Couple things. You need to update your jb4 firmware. Boost is meeting targets. Does look a little lean high rpm. LPFP pressures look questionable. What's your FOL? HPFP looks ok. You need 6 cyl timing enabled. Your log didn't record bank 2 AFR .

Are you running E85 mixture? Have you done a back end flash?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 07:13 PM   #4
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have the software yet....I have a mac book, the jb4 came with the car when I bought it and now im trying to learn about how it works and tuning... Im trying to decide whether to sick with the jb4 or go to a flash tune before buying a windows computer. Darrel has the software so we did the data logging on his computer. Anyways yea I was thinking the lpfp numbers were all over the place too. Sorry for the noobnes but whats FOL?
Im Running straight CA 91oct and no, no back end flash.
Fuel open loop

Have you reset adaptations since getting the car?

Do you have an iPhone or android device with usbOTG ? You could use jb4 mobile to update everything .

I'm definitely biased, but on the n54, JB4+BEF is the best combination. I would t go with a standalone flash unless you want something low power.
      05-17-2016, 08:54 PM   #5
ryanb122
Private
Rep

No I have not...I Probably should though cause I just got it walnut blasted huh?
And yea I have an IPhone, I don't have usbOTG but I can get one on amazon haha.
You recommend I just get the jb4 app and the adapter? and go from there with resting the adaptations?
And im guessing BEF is a flash to work with jb4?

And yea my goal is 500hp haha...my next mods are inlets and LPFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Fuel open loop

Have you reset adaptations since getting the car?

Do you have an iPhone or android device with usbOTG ? You could use jb4 mobile to update everything .

I'm definitely biased, but on the n54, JB4+BEF is the best combination. I would t go with a standalone flash unless you want something low power.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 09:18 AM   #6
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Quote:
No I have not...I Probably should though cause I just got it walnut blasted huh?
And yea I have an IPhone, I don't have usbOTG but I can get one on amazon haha.
You recommend I just get the jb4 app and the adapter? and go from there with resting the adaptations?
And im guessing BEF is a flash to work with jb4?

And yea my goal is 500hp haha...my next mods are inlets and LPFP.
You can reset adaptations now with steering wheel 1/7