BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
79bigmack
Rep
Drives: Thought

BMW Performance Parts on a new order?

Hi all. Noob here. I am thinking about ordering a new loaded (minus Nav and DCT) 135i with some BMW Performance parts installed "at the port". Got a few questions about this...I know there are other options out there, but i want to go with BMW parts to keep the warranty.

Specifically, I told my local dealer I wanted the Performance Suspension ($2,274), Performance Exhaust ($1,180), and Power Kit ($684 basic reflash). They quoted me some prices (above) and said that included labor. They said the parts would be installed at the port's performance center in South Carolina, and that way i could do an "addendum" and roll the upgrade costs into the financed amount of the vehicle. Sounds great. But what are the drawbacks? Any? Is the labor cheaper at the port vs at the dealer?

The prices for the performance parts (part only; and part + labor) seem to vary quite a bit from what is advertised on the BMW Performance website. Any idea why?

Can the Performance Suspension be "factory" installed, i.e. at the plant? If not, why does the "build your own" website have it as a $1,421 option (a little misleading)?

Thanks!

-Mack
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
szcyxzh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128I

If i am not going to track it, i would save the money. For dd, it is good enough, probably adding the E93's front sway bar.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
dicker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

No, none of the performance parts can be installed at the factory. At the build your own website those are listed under accessories and it states that installation prices will vary.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
79bigmack
Rep
Drives: Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicker View Post
No, none of the performance parts can be installed at the factory. At the build your own website those are listed under accessories and it states that installation prices will vary.
Thanks.

I just wish BMW offered a 135is model from the factory. Short of 313 wheels that is what this is more or less...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
jpd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135

Beware, your car can be held up at the VPD if parts are unavailable or not at the center. Make sure your CA is in contact with it a couple of weeks prior to docking. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

Not a bad idea getting these installed before delivery. That way they will all fall under the 4yr/50K warranty. If you install after deliver I believe it's just 2 years on the suspension and exhaust.
Appreciate 0