E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > F&*#$&*# Someone hit the back of my car.

06-18-2005, 08:03 AM   #23
roburado
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Passat, '09 Cayman S

Garage List
1991 318is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill30
4. I also choose parking spots that are difficult to walk to. That results in fewer cars and more open spaces. The lazy ones hate walking to awkward or far parking spaces, hence there are less chances of finding culprits trolleys there.

5. I never park at a corner where cars turn very close from my bumper. That would be asking for trouble from people who can't judge their dimensions.

6. I don't park next to a car that is parked such that the wheels are on the line separating parking spots. That tells me the driver is either incompetent or does not care.... would that person care about another car getting a ding or scratch? I don't think so.
I do all of these things.

Family History: Two E21 320i, One E28 535is, One E34 535i, One E34 540i
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2005, 08:12 AM   #24
roburado
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Passat, '09 Cayman S

Garage List
1991 318is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C. '06 330i
But there is this group that I am talking about, and they aren't everywhere but there are alot in Florida, that are generally lazy (the byproduct of which is obiesity), and are the ones who would sue anyone for anything so they don't have to work. They don't care about personal hygiene, and you can see they usually have this look like everyone owes them something. I thought at first that they might just be jealous of someone who has a nicer car, but in fact after observation I've determined that it's that they just don't care whatsoever. They are self centered, and oblivious that other people exist in the world as well. And thier lack of respect for others stems from plain inconsideration, not jealousy.

It's a shame.
I am sad to say that I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I deal with such people everyday at work. Many of these same people have an "external locus of control," meaning to me, that they think that something or someone else is to blame for what's going on in their lives. They haven't taken responsibility for anything that's happened in their lives. They don't look within themselves for solutions or ways to improve their lives. They're looking for someone or something else to make their lives better. When you try to help them, well...it has to be a cooperative thing. They have to do their part. You can only do so much. The rest is up to them to suck it up and deal with whatever they need to do to make their lives better. They often won't do it. Some will. Many won't.

Family History: Two E21 320i, One E28 535is, One E34 535i, One E34 540i
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2005, 02:15 PM   #25
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by roburado
I do all of these things.
It's good to know that I'm not alone in this hehehe!!!

Something tells me I'm going to add more rules when I get my E90....the fact that it does not have the protective plastics means that I'll have to put extra care against hooligans.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2005, 04:29 PM   #26
DaveCM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman2
This may sound crazy but I've been known to leave parking lots in which I don't like the parking set-up. As often as possible I try to park asymetrically to other vehicles in parking lots, particularly where the set-up is on the diagonal. If the space is one with diagonal lines--pull straight in. This offsets your vehicle from that of a potential fool parked to the left or right. It is critical, however, that you find a spot on the end. It should be possible for another to park on the left OR the right of your car but NEVER both. This method works for lots set up with side by side parallel lines as well (pull diagonally into them).

ME TOO!!

If I'm with someone, I usually tell my date "It's too busy here" or something..but in reality there was was just no good place to park (meaning safe, not close). I try to park way out. When that's impossible then I follow many of the rules other members have listed, and if worse comes to worst, and I have to park between two cars, then I always try to park next to the nicest, newest car I can find.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2005, 06:37 PM   #27
bookman2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i SP, PP

No. You park inside the parking space, but at such an angle that when others park "correctly" their vehicle is offset from yours.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2005, 06:42 PM   #28
bookman2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i SP, PP

That last response was for '1stnewcar'. Sorry I forgot to hit the quote button.
Appreciate 0