BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #463
N55_BBM
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

I would love to see a copy of that fax to see how you put it in words without being an asshole ha
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #464
AMSx2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i C

Exclamation Thanks

THanks to all who responded to my question. The best offer I have so far is $477 a month with $2000 down (car price is 34,890) which includes automatic transmission. The lease term is 36 months with 12,000 miles a year. I am really hoping I can get a better deal. If I am able to knock off $1500 from the price it will take it down to $430 a month, which I can totally live with. Do you guys think I can get it down to that, or is it a lost cause? Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #465
FJUNO78
Captain
Rep
Drives: 25 to 2

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
2007 e92 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
What kind of savages are you guys dealing with? My CA was very open with me and didn't balk at my offer of $500 over invoice. We did a short back and forth and settled on $700 over with the then-standard MF of 220. Fees were right in line with what everyone else was paying at the time. If your dealer starts playing games then simply walk away and find another dealer.

Couldn't agree more.

You hold the power in this negotiation. When I was negotiating my lease I aimed for $500 over invoice. Open Road BMW in edison NJ was like "sure no problem!" They put together a monthly number, I backed into it, and realized immediatley they were charging me about $500 below MSRP.

I said, this isn't $500 over invoice. They came back with "where did you get these numbers... that's not accurate... you cant go by what you got off some messageboard..." I walked. Did the deal in another dealership. Exactly $700 over invoice, included MACO and training and extra pair of floormats.

The best part, Open Road still emails me their "specials" (after I have said to remove me from their list)...

I can't wait to go back to Open Road in the coming weeks, request a test drive of the 2011 135i with DCT, and in the middle of the test drive, as I'm opening her up, I will tell the CA, I'm here just to try the 2011 out. Absolutely no intentions of buying it. I ended up getting a 135i last year from another dealership, after you jerked me around. Oh and for full effect, I will request the test drive about a half an hour before they close.
      05-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #466
AMSx2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i C

Got my deal

/

Last edited by AMSx2; 05-13-2010 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #467
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
What kind of savages are you guys dealing with? My CA was very open with me and didn't balk at my offer of $500 over invoice. We did a short back and forth and settled on $700 over with the then-standard MF of 220. Fees were right in line with what everyone else was paying at the time. If your dealer starts playing games then simply walk away and find another dealer.
Congrats on being in a competitive market and having a dealer that passes on profit opportunities. Most aren't so lucky. Every lease quote that comes out of my dealer is based on the max MF allowed (base + .004), and my dealer is far from the only one that does that. Hopefully the fees everyone else was paying weren't too excessive in your case.

If you're convinced all anyone needs to know to negotiate a good lease deal is the Edmunds invoice so be it. I hope it wasn't all the info you had and that you didn't just take the dealer's word that .220 was the best MF availoable at the time
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #468
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post
Congrats on being in a competitive market and having a dealer that passes on profit opportunities. Most aren't so lucky. Every lease quote that comes out of my dealer is based on the max MF allowed (base + .004), and my dealer is far from the only one that does that. Hopefully the fees everyone else was paying weren't too excessive in your case.

If you're convinced all anyone needs to know to negotiate a good lease deal is the Edmunds invoice so be it. I hope it wasn't all the info you had and that you didn't just take the dealer's word that .220 was the best MF availoable at the time
First of all, I did make an error. 230 was the base MF at the time which is the rate that I received. Here's the rate sheet and it is clearly stated on my contract. I did ALL of my research prior to picking up the phone. I've purchased 10 cars in the last 10 years. This ain't my first rodeo.

Just because your dealer is a scheming sheister doesn't mean that mine is. My dealer is in a very upscale area where I am sure they get plenty of people who are willing to just walk in and blindly pay MSRP but I also bought in the midst of the financial crisis when BMW was eager to sell cars. Other people on this board were being quoted 270 MF at the time which I asked my CA about and she quite frankly said that they were trying to make their profit on the back end. My CA is smart enough to know that being honest will make her money with repeat business and referrals as opposed to making a sporadic one off deals that leave the client feeling ripped off.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 05-13-2010 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 08:01 AM   #469
FJUNO78
Captain
Rep
Drives: 25 to 2

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
2007 e92 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post

When I negotiate my lease, I was easily able to get 3 or 4 dealerships within 40 miles to agree to a deal of $500-1000 over invoice. I actually did the deal with a woman who did $700 over invoice and included MACO and training. Another dealership that I sent an email A WEEK before called me to see if I was interested. I told them I did the deal already. They were willing to go lower. At the end of the day, I gave my business to the dealership that was straight forward, honest, efficient, and who's calculations were in line with mine.

BMW's are probably one of the easiest cars to negotiate leases with. ALL program details are usually available on the forums. When I negotiated a lease for my fiancees VW, it was a bit harder because all the program details were not as readily available.

My best luck is contacting the internet sales team through the dealerships website... My responses were quicker than emailing a regular salesperson. Also, I do not care how the dealership chooses to make their profit... I've done leases before with the car being sold at straight invoice and I paid $600 in dealer prep fees and doc fees....If they want to mark up the MF, that's fine too...

Maybe you have bad luck, but these methods worked for me, and also a few of my friends.

Last edited by FJUNO78; 05-13-2010 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0