BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
redbird73
Rep
Drives:

128i Buyer - Questions

Hi everyone,
I've been reading posts for awhile but this is my first post. I currently own a 2005 MINI Cooper S and love it. When I saw the specs and info on the 128i, I was blown away! It seems like the closest thing to a 2002 in a long time and should be an even better track car than my MINI. I'll have to drive it first to be sure!
Anyway, here are some questions for everyone out there:
1. Has anyone seen an photos of the 128i? I know it may not have all of the body kit that the 135i will, which is OK. I just want to see a photo of it to see how different it will be from the 135i.
2. My wife and I will be doing Euro delivery for sure, so we can tour Europe and so I can finally drive the Ring for real. What months are the best for weather in Germany? I want to give us the best chance of good weather at the Ring.
3. Based on what I've seen on the forum so far, I'm guessing that a 128i with the M sport pack will run around 30k MSRP. I want a stripped car with no premium pack, idrive or other such nonsense. I HATE the start button so I may have to get the convenience pack just to get rid of putting the stupid fob into the dash. Anyway, does around 30k sound right? After Euro delivery, the price should be around 28k, which is not much more than I paid for my MINI. The 128i should be a hot seller!

I'm looking forward to September, when we can get more solid info on what's coming. Thanks!

Aaron Geiger
Co-Founder - St. Louis MINI Club
Future 128i Driver
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
Maximus Decimus
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Welcome. The configurator is available at bmw.de. I imagine the 128's will look quite similar to the diesel models available here. Thread here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=996

FWIW, I think you're pricing is a little optimistic, but hell you never know. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #3
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

30k may be a bit too generous...Comfort Access is only $500!!! But if you do euro delivery then it may be around 30k. Were you including your delivery with the cost??
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
ducati
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I think you're right on the money, on all counts. I, too am seriously considering the 128i for the reasons you mentioned above, plus fuel economy; I tend to get better mileage with a NA car than a turbo, as I just love tha boost (too much).

1. nope
2. My wife and I traveled to Munich in late April, early May of this year. We had fabulous weather, and I wouldn't hesitate to travel at that time again. Certainly do not go in winter if you plan on getting Summer tires!
3. My guess on pricing for the 128i: $26,990 MSRP, $29,800 with seatheat, xenons, and Sport Package (the only options I want). If only an M-Sport Package is offered, it may command a bit more than that (aero kit and M bits, sixpots?), but I hope its just seats, wheels, tires, and suspension. Knock a few grand (or more if you shop around) off for ED. So I think you're right on the money, or in the ballpark.

Where the tough decision will come in: if the 135i is priced at $32,500, which is my guess, that's only $2500 more for M Aero bits, DSC+, sixpot brakes, and a stonking fast motor. That's a hell of a deal, and I may give up the economy if I am having a particularly feisty morning when I drive them
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 07:55 AM   #5
redbird73
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for the info and opinions! Glad to hear that my pricing seems to be in the ballpark on what others think, but I guess none of us really know anything until BMW releases more info! I agree that the 135i may be an attractive option if a 128i with M Sport is almost the same $. We'll have to wait and see.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
vinazzurro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Do we know for sure that the 128i will be available with the M Sport Package in North America?

Also, what's the deal with this Euro Delivery everyone's talking about? Is there a thread on it? (I'll search around a bit.)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #7
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII M235i, 2004 Acura TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinazzurro View Post
Do we know for sure that the 128i will be available with the M Sport Package in North America?

Also, what's the deal with this Euro Delivery everyone's talking about? Is there a thread on it? (I'll search around a bit.)
The M Sport package is being offered in Europe for the 1er, but there's no guarantee that we'll see it in on the 128i. My guess would be no, but what do I know. :iono:

As far as Euro Delivery goes check out:

www.edbmw.com
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #8
vinazzurro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Thanks, ibeam.

Edit: I had no idea that this European Delivery thing existed. It sounds like a good experience, but not for the feint of heard. (Driving a brand new BMW on the Autobahn!?!?!?!?!?)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #9
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinazzurro View Post
Thanks, ibeam.

Edit: I had no idea that this European Delivery thing existed. It sounds like a good experience, but not for the feint of heard. (Driving a brand new BMW on the Autobahn!?!?!?!?!?)
& the "Ring" :biggrin::headbang:
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #10
vinazzurro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
& the "Ring" :biggrin::headbang:
I am WAY too paranoid to drive the 'ring.
Appreciate 0