BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-12-2015, 12:39 AM   #1
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

Problem with my Manual transmission HELP!

i have 65,000 miles (N54) FBO BMW SSK, Spec stg2+ and Single Mass Fly Wheel.
Spec clutch should have about 5,000 miles on it so far .(1) i have some kind of issue with the shift lever it feels very loose when its in gear very sloppy, . a lot of play on and off. I have a hard time getting into gear sometimes when i park the car i actually have to turn off the car to put it in reverse . (2) when i am fully stopped on a down hill in 1st gear clutch pressed in there is some kinda vibration noise going on. i have no idea wtf it is click on the video link

MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 04:29 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Sounds like the shift linkage is broken or worn. Time to pull off the shift boot and take a look. Maybe just a c-clip broke off the linkage - IF your lucky. Btw... your video link is not working.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 08:38 AM   #3
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Sounds like the shift linkage is broken or worn. Time to pull off the shift boot and take a look. Maybe just a c-clip broke off the linkage - IF your lucky. Btw... your video link is not working.
sorry Dackelone here you go

MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200

Last edited by Boosted_N54; 05-12-2015 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates.Tii View Post
sorry Dackelone here you go
WoW! That doesn't sound good.

I would have a shop take a look at the drive shaft's flex disc(also called the" quibo) Or maybe the drive shaft center bearing. IDK. I think you need to go to an expert - that really doesn't sound good.

Dack
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:43 PM   #5
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep

Quote:

I would have a shop take a look at the drive shaft's flex disc(also called the" quibo) Or maybe the drive shaft center bearing. IDK. I think you need to go to an expert - that really doesn't sound good.

Dack
yea that doesn't sound normal . i don't know how that sound can be related to the shift lever being VERY sloppy. i also got a ECS rebuild shifter kit and some UUC transmission mount . not that this we definitely fix my problem but you never know. i have a INDY shop i go to and most of there work are on BMWs

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2582047/?...5NOhoCLuvw_wcB
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 02:58 AM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
yea that doesn't sound normal . i don't know how that sound can be related to the shift lever being VERY sloppy. i also got a ECS rebuild shifter kit and some UUC transmission mount . not that this we definitely fix my problem but you never know. i have a INDY shop i go to and most of there work are on BMWs

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2582047/?...5NOhoCLuvw_wcB
I was thinking that the driveshafts flex disc was coming apart and hitting the shift linkage.

I would not install the UUC trans mounts(or any other aftermarket ones). They will be too hard. I would go with e46M3 trans mounts. There are lots of threads on this upgrade. The UUC ones transmit too much noise(NVH) into the cabin.

Dack
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 07:50 PM   #7
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep

Quote:
I was thinking that the driveshafts flex disc was coming apart and hitting the shift linkage.

I would not install the UUC trans mounts(or any other aftermarket ones). They will be too hard. I would go with e46M3 trans mounts. There are lots of threads on this upgrade. The UUC ones transmit too much noise(NVH) into the cabin.

Dack
sorry Dack what does NVH mean?

and from the link which e46 M3 bushing should i get?

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-M3-...etrain/Mounts/
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
sorry Dack what does NVH mean?

and from the link which e46 M3 bushing should i get?

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-M3-...etrain/Mounts/

NVH = Noise Vibration Harmonics.

I would buy the original BMW trans mounts from a BMW Dealer - for a e46 M3. Don't go OEM(aftermarket) get the real deal - from any BMW dealer. You could always hit up a forum vendor like United, or Tischer or Reeves. I am sure they will know which parts you want.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #9
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep

Quote:

Dack
my shop called me and told me that the Spec SMSFW had hot spots on and it has only 5,000 miles on it?? and there replacing both spec2+ clutch and the flywheel
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2015, 08:44 AM   #10
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0