BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-02-2015, 05:21 AM   #1
Joe_435i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Brand New Turbos Covered Under Warranty!

I have an 08 1-er with 40K miles and took my car in for a normal oil change service and was told that my waste gates were rattling. I did some research online and found out this was covered under warranty, so I took it to the BMW of Murrieta, Ca. They were rude and wanted to charge me $300 just to look at the car, so I left. A couple months later, I decided to give a different BMW dealership a try and this experience was amazing! They looked at my car for free, gave me a loaner and within a day I received the good news that both turbos will be replaced, all for FREE! It took four days to get the turbos shipped and so I returned expecting this fix was going to take a while...they gave me another loaner car and the car was fixed in three days!

I have to say, I didn't think I would notice any gain in performance, but I did immediately. The cars air flow feels properly sealed and runs/breathes a lot better. Also, before my BOV wouldn't blow off while revving in neutral but after the new turbos they do, so that was a cool bonus. If you live in Southern California and have any questions let me know I'll give my service guys' contact info!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #2
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

I have an '08 also and mine went out at 49,985. yup.... that was close but all covered under warranty. I wonder if the replacement turbos have better wastegates.
BMW is known for improving their parts if they have been known to fail.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 12:25 AM   #3
Ryki
Rep
Drives: 1988 M3

I wonder, mine have a rattle but I'm at 63k and overseas currently. I thought they extended the turbo coverage to 80k miles and 7 years for MY07 and MY08s?
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
drewster99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 SERIES

The turbo warranty is 8yrs/82k. I'm only at 43k on my '08 but I'm hoping I can get replacements before my warranty is up next August.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729833
Appreciate 0