BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
stormchaser7
Private
stormchaser7's Avatar
202
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Front lip recommendations

Looking to buy a front splitter. Prefer the look of the SleK over the Revozport Raze but would consider other suggestions. Photos would be great as well. Want to keep it under $2k
Attached Images
 
__________________
Follow your dream car!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
stormchaser7
Private
stormchaser7's Avatar
202
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Found this one - similar to the SleK but about half the cost. Thoughts?

http://www.jl-motoring.com/BMW_E82_1...p/bmfs8203.htm
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 09:39 PM   #3
hot-j
First Lieutenant
84
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Boston MA

iTrader: (0)

Cf Dynamics boca gts lip gets my vote

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=20255162
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #4
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Mdawood's Avatar
55
Rep
529
Posts

Drives: vo 1m
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-j View Post
Cf Dynamics boca gts lip gets my vote

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=20255162
Yes. I've had slek lips and have to say, the cf dynamic splitter is better. Fit is perfect. I'll post some pics soon
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 10:09 PM   #5
stormchaser7
Private
stormchaser7's Avatar
202
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdawood View Post
Yes. I've had slek lips and have to say, the cf dynamic splitter is better. Fit is perfect. I'll post some pics soon
Thx - looking forward to pics
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:42 PM   #6
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
208
Rep
1,007
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: OM

iTrader: (0)

CF dynamics !

Had a slek front lip but with quality issues over time it decided to split itself in half !!!

Then had a Revsport lip .. not as nice looking but after long time it got damaged becuase I damaged it over a small curb..

Third lip for me is the CF Dynamics .. nice built/quality and fitment .. looks similar to the Slek one and nicely priced.

Here's my car :





Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 08:10 AM   #7
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Mdawood's Avatar
55
Rep
529
Posts

Drives: vo 1m
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue View Post
CF dynamics !

Had a slek front lip but with quality issues over time it decided to split itself in half !!!

Then had a Revsport lip .. not as nice looking but after long time it got damaged becuase I damaged it over a small curb..

Third lip for me is the CF Dynamics .. nice built/quality and fitment .. looks similar to the Slek one and nicely priced.

Here's my car :





Looks fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 08:56 AM   #8
arvinz
Captain
arvinz's Avatar
Canada
247
Rep
799
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M VO
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I have to agree with everyone else—CFD boca front lip..bought it myself and will be putting it on this summer.

1'M Blue—did you have to drill any extra holes or take extra measure to keep the lip on hard? How was the install? Just used the OEM holes?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 06:39 PM   #9
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Mdawood's Avatar
55
Rep
529
Posts

Drives: vo 1m
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
I have to agree with everyone else—CFD boca front lip..bought it myself and will be putting it on this summer.

1'M Blue—did you have to drill any extra holes or take extra measure to keep the lip on hard? How was the install? Just used the OEM holes?
I drilled extra holes so the lip is super secure. As far as fitment is concerned, they did a fantastic job. It fits perfect under the bumper. Easy peasy!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 06:41 PM   #10
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Mdawood's Avatar
55
Rep
529
Posts

Drives: vo 1m
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Here are some quick shots of the car in the garage just for an idea. Will take come better pics this weekend hopefully.
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #11
gmx
Second Lieutenant
65
Rep
274
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sydney, AU

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone make ABS versions? Not a fan of the lightweight ones since it doesn't extend the full width of the car/front bumper.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 08:43 PM   #12
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Mdawood's Avatar
55
Rep
529
Posts

Drives: vo 1m
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
Does anyone make ABS versions? Not a fan of the lightweight ones since it doesn't extend the full width of the car/front bumper.
The cf dynamics's one extends the full length as seen above
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 02:20 AM   #13
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
208
Rep
1,007
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: OM

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
I have to agree with everyone else—CFD boca front lip..bought it myself and will be putting it on this summer.

1'M Blue—did you have to drill any extra holes or take extra measure to keep the lip on hard? How was the install? Just used the OEM holes?
Im not quite sure as I sent it to the dealer to fit it .. but since my car already had previous lips installed I think they used current screws+ a very strong "windsheild" adhesives applied to make sure it sticks strongly.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #14
arvinz
Captain
arvinz's Avatar
Canada
247
Rep
799
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M VO
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdawood View Post
Here are some quick shots of the car in the garage just for an idea. Will take come better pics this weekend hopefully.
Looks amazing bud Can't wait to get mine on along with a matching Revozport rear diffuser.

Last edited by arvinz; 02-10-2017 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #15
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Mdawood's Avatar
55
Rep
529
Posts

Drives: vo 1m
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdawood View Post
Here are some quick shots of the car in the garage just for an idea. Will take come better pics this weekend hopefully.
Looks amazing bud Can't wait to get mine on along with a matching Revozport rear diffuser.
Exactly like me! You Won't be disappointed!!!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST