BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #23
alanchan
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by afuiw View Post
The $2500 offer is available from The BMW Store and thus presumably any BMW dealership in BC.
thanks man!
then what the heck is BJ saying $1000 off?
are they trying to give an extra $1000 off on top of the $2500
or
cheat you $1500 by not telling you that $2500 cash incentive thing if you don't ask or don't know about?
323i, Arctic metallic , Cream beige leatherette interior , Titanium matt trim , Premium , Auto , 18" style 189 sport wheels , 335i bumper + kidney grills, CF pillars, Chrome window trim package , LCI halogen.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #24
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i

Just to clarify, $25K incentive is on cash purchase only right?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #25
alanchan
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlesswaltz View Post
Right, don't forget, you have to add PDI and 2 taxes.
I guess no admin and document fees since you are paying cash
so a 128i with no options
will top up to $38,000 drive out the door.
that is alot of CASH ....
323i, Arctic metallic , Cream beige leatherette interior , Titanium matt trim , Premium , Auto , 18" style 189 sport wheels , 335i bumper + kidney grills, CF pillars, Chrome window trim package , LCI halogen.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #26
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep

You don't pay admin nor doc fee if you pay cash?

I didn't know that.

and luckly I am in AB, so no PST for me! ^0^
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #27
Onlooker
Canada
Rep
Drives: Nil

Quote:
$25K? Yes, if you purchase ten vehicles with cash . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchan View Post
Right, don't forget, you have to add PDI and 2 taxes.
I guess no admin and document fees since you are paying cash
so a 128i with no options
will top up to $38,000 drive out the door.
that is alot of CASH ....
The final price should be nearer to $36,000 with the credit and the discount on the retail price.

Quote:
You don't pay admin nor doc fee if you pay cash?

I didn't know that.

and luckly I am in AB, so no PST for me! ^0^
Here in Toronto at least, there is an admin fee even when you pay cash, although it can be waived during negotiations.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 12:42 AM   #28
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlooker View Post
$25K? Yes, if you purchase ten vehicles with cash . . .

The final price should be nearer to $36,000 with the credit and the discount on the retail price.

Here in Toronto at least, there is an admin fee even when you pay cash, although it can be waived during negotiations.
haha I meant $2.5K
Thanks for correcting me.

Hm..I think there is stupid documentation fee for $400 or something right?

Is that simply for the dealer or required fee?

If I build my dream 128i, MSRP comes to be right below $40K.
How much do you think is reasonable with and without financing.

I am considering selling my car first, but then I wouldn't have a ride to look for the new car.

Thanks for any advice.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #29
Onlooker
Canada
Rep

Quote:
haha I meant $2.5K
Thanks for correcting me.

Hm..I think there is stupid documentation fee for $400 or something right?

Is that simply for the dealer or required fee?

If I build my dream 128i, MSRP comes to be right below $40K.
How much do you think is reasonable with and without financing.

I am considering selling my car first, but then I wouldn't have a ride to look for the new car.

Thanks for any advice.
I think documentation fee is another term for administration fee and is usually pre-printed on the order. I am not sure it can be erased but you can negotiate to have it deducted from the retail price of the vehicle.

I don't know what sort of discount you can get in Calgary, but if you bought your dream 128i here in Toronto with cash and it listed for $40K, then with the $2500 credit and a 6% discount (fairly easy to get here at the moment), you would pay $33,740, exclusive of fees and taxes. I do not know what you would pay with financing.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #30
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep

Thanks onlooker, I will keep that in mind and try to get a cash to pay in full.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #31
alanchan
Major
Canada
Rep

My friend bought a Honda last month, he paid cash and Honda charge him Doc and Admin fees, he negotiates with the dealer to deduct.
work ...

with today's economy down turn, if a customer is paying cash, would they rather lose the sales for a lousy $400 fee?

I like to know how many of you future protential 128i or 135i buyers are paying CASH?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #32
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchan View Post
My friend bought a Honda last month, he paid cash and Honda charge him Doc and Admin fees, he negotiates with the dealer to deduct.
work ...

with today's economy down turn, if a customer is paying cash, would they rather lose the sales for a lousy $400 fee?

I like to know how many of you future protential 128i or 135i buyers are paying CASH?
I wonder if paying full amount in cash affects their commission.

Whenever I mention that I would like to pay cash, they would say they don't care because it is all upto the finance dept, and would not negotiate because of the method of payment.

With 2,500 off, I would pay cash, but I have to sell my car first.
And I think the credit will be larger later in this year, so I am kind of waiting and watching the market.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #33
alanchan
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I wonder if paying full amount in cash affects their commission.

Whenever I mention that I would like to pay cash, they would say they don't care because it is all upto the finance dept, and would not negotiate because of the method of payment.

With 2,500 off, I would pay cash, but I have to sell my car first.
And I think the credit will be larger later in this year, so I am kind of waiting and watching the market.
I think SA makes same commission regardless CASH or lease/finance.
Can you trade in your car? you get tax credit on it
say if dealer give you $10,000 for your car, actually, you are saving $1,200 in taxes if you are in BC.
I strongly think the credit will be larger later on this year.
that's why I am waiting until Aug or Sept when they clear out the 09 models, its the best time to buy.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #34
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep

Trading in the used car is not particularly beneficial to me because they will offer me way less than I can get, if I sell it by myself.

Alanchan, it is good idea to wait till the last minute deal is avail; however you might not get what you want.
Sometimes you have to include the option that you don’t want or chose the color that you don’t really like.

I wonder if we can anticipate further drop of financing rate or increase in credit before August or September.

Onlooker I think you are the most knowledgeable person in this thread, please let us know what you know from last year experience.

thanks,
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #35
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

I think there might be another 1% drop in the rates by the end of the year, to make it easier to clear the inventory, but note that 2009 production stops on June 30. So anyone wanting to custom order should put in an order in the next week or two. I guess if you want to pick something off the lot that's a different story. Last year, the rate dropped from 5.9 to 4.9 during the final months, and other Bimmers got a 1 to 2% rate reduction as well. Most went to 1% finance rate (including the new M3 that had just been introduced).
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #36
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep

Thanks bdardashti for the information.

I thought the production ends on August or September.
Well, 1% is worth to wait for!
I guess the credit will increase to $4K when the rate drops.

Let's hold our breath for the golden time for 1ers~!

Have a nice long weekend guys
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #37
Onlooker
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Trading in the used car is not particularly beneficial to me because they will offer me way less than I can get, if I sell it by myself.

Alanchan, it is good idea to wait till the last minute deal is avail; however you might not get what you want.
Sometimes you have to include the option that you don’t want or chose the color that you don’t really like.

I wonder if we can anticipate further drop of financing rate or increase in credit before August or September.

Onlooker I think you are the most knowledgeable person in this thread, please let us know what you know from last year experience.

thanks,
Thank you, but I can assure you I am far from the most knowledgeable person in this thread. I am especially useless when it comes to financing and leasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdardashti View Post
I think there might be another 1% drop in the rates by the end of the year, to make it easier to clear the inventory, but note that 2009 production stops on June 30. So anyone wanting to custom order should put in an order in the next week or two. I guess if you want to pick something off the lot that's a different story. Last year, the rate dropped from 5.9 to 4.9 during the final months, and other Bimmers got a 1 to 2% rate reduction as well. Most went to 1% finance rate (including the new M3 that had just been introduced).
Quote:
Thanks bdardashti for the information.

I thought the production ends on August or September.
Well, 1% is worth to wait for!
I guess the credit will increase to $4K when the rate drops.

Let's hold our breath for the golden time for 1ers~!

Have a nice long weekend guys
If you have the means, then I would suggest you jump at exceptionally good offers when they are available, like now, especially while you can still put in an order. Any better offers that should come out before delivery will supersede or be added to the offers available when the order was placed. Waiting and hoping for something even better could backfire. As bdardashti noted above, the 2009 production year is almost at an end and you will soon be left with what is on the lot. Sure, rates may fall further then and cash credits may rise, but the vehicle you want may not be available and what remains may be beyond your budget even with the better cash or rate incentives. You could then be back at the beginning again, waiting to see what the following year holds. Do the math and risk analysis and then make your decision.

Last edited by Onlooker; 05-15-2009 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #38
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
How many people so far have ordered cars as a direct result of this incentive?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #39
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep

Lucky 1, it was definitely one of the reason why I ordered my 128.

For everyone, I have a general question.
I am in Calgary and the car is coming down from Edmonton and the dealer was charging me $400 of freight fee.
Is this fair?

Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #40
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Any change to rates or incentives for this month?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #41
ronster
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Question regarding this rebate... is that $2500 discount after tx, freight & PDI or like trade-in $2500 discount before everything?

I think I'll pull the trigger soon... :-)

Thx....
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #42
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep

$2,500 is a cash back incentive, so it will be after all the tax, and I think the program runs until today June 1st.

My dealer fooled me that I have to have delivery by June 1st, but actually you can place a factory order and wait till July delivery if you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #43
Onlooker
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Any change to rates or incentives for this month?
The dealerships should know about the special offers for June starting tomorrow, 02 June. Best to check with them as the offers are not always posted on the BMW Canada web site.

Quote:
$2,500 is a cash back incentive, so it will be after all the tax, and I think the program runs until today June 1st.
It is deducted from the price of the vehicle before tax.

Quote:
My dealer fooled me that I have to have delivery by June 1st, but actually you can place a factory order and wait till July delivery if you want.
The credit also applies to orders awaiting delivery when the program is introduced.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #44
amiller212
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 135i

A point of note (which I just found out tonight, in case anyone else didn't know) that the credit amount you get is based on when you get your car delivered, not when you buy it.

So if I order a car today, and it's not going to be delivered until August then I'll have to hope that the cash incentive is just as good or better in August (I won't get the 3500 June incentive, even though I actually ordered it in June)
Appreciate 0