BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #925
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifW View Post
These damaged models are concerning. Has anyone in the U.S. and/or Canada received a model that was not damaged? I'm wondering if there is a problem with the customs when importing into North America.

Leif W.
Just received my model today and I can say it is one hundred percent intact, without any damage. I'm more than satisfied with the detail and quality.

Thanks to both Dackelone and Max for making this offer available, and putting this kit together.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2015, 03:31 AM   #926
Riviera Blue
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Hi everyone, first of all I am very sorry, that your models got damaged.
Second of all, you will all get replacements free of charge. I will change the packing style a little bit. I will put more sticker on the doors to keep the doors closed and I will wrap the whole car in bubble paper. Then I will put the model back in the frame packaging, so that the frame packaging is basically filled out completly with the bubble paper. That way, nothing will move in the frame packaging and also not in the box. The screws with which the model is screwed onto the baseplate I will put in a seperate envelope.
Third of all it seems that certain parcels have been handled with bad care over at either customs or the local delivery company, since I had mostly positive replies from the US and Canada recipients until now.

All of you, which received damaged models, please send me an e-mail and I will of course help you out!

My mail address is mlang@minichamps.de

Sorry again for the troubles!
Appreciate 4
      08-20-2015, 06:04 PM   #927
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW M3 CS

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Max, I received your email regarding sending me out a replacement.mI will let you know when they are received and their condition.

Regards,
-Mike
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #928
Mark 1M
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2

Thanks Max 1M arrived safe and sound it looks fantastic
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #929
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riviera Blue View Post
Hi everyone, first of all I am very sorry, that your models got damaged.
Second of all, you will all get replacements free of charge. I will change the packing style a little bit. I will put more sticker on the doors to keep the doors closed and I will wrap the whole car in bubble paper. Then I will put the model back in the frame packaging, so that the frame packaging is basically filled out completly with the bubble paper. That way, nothing will move in the frame packaging and also not in the box. The screws with which the model is screwed onto the baseplate I will put in a seperate envelope.
Third of all it seems that certain parcels have been handled with bad care over at either customs or the local delivery company, since I had mostly positive replies from the US and Canada recipients until now.

All of you, which received damaged models, please send me an e-mail and I will of course help you out!

My mail address is mlang@minichamps.de

Sent you an email. no luck for receiving yet for my 2 cars for almost a month.

Can you please advise.
Appreciate 2
      08-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #930
Riviera Blue
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEM View Post
Sent you an email. no luck for receiving yet for my 2 cars for almost a month.

Can you please advise.
I have sent a request with USPS to specify exact tracking, if all goes wrong, I will send replacements of course.

I also sent out all replacement models for those of you who received broken models!
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2015, 03:31 AM   #931
rick propas
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M-Valencia

I kinda fell off the radar on this thread, but I ordered one. Dack, could you contact me at
rickpropas@comcast.net? I'll also send an e-mail.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 05:11 AM   #932
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow How to place an order for a 1M 1:18 model...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick propas View Post
I kinda fell off the radar on this thread, but I ordered one. Dack, could you contact me at
rickpropas@comcast.net? I'll also send an e-mail.
Back on page 40, post #873 , Max and I posted on how to place an order for a 1:18 model. I will post it again here.

The models are limited so its first come, first served. Max Riviera Blue has also been nice enough to custom build the models IF you so desire(for an additional fee).

Just send Max an email.

mlang@minichamps.de

take care,
Dackel

Quote:
Dear 1addicts user,

First of all thanks for all the people that have ordered so far. The first models will be send tomorrow, of course with tracking, which I will send to each and everybody individually.

Some people here had questions about the price for the models and shipping.

Shipping to the US from Germany for one model is between USD 32 to USD 37 depending on where you are located, for the second one an additional USD 10.

I have made US Spec cars specifically for the forum, since these are individually customized by myself, the price is of course a bit higher than the regular models. Dackel was so nice and told me the exact specs per car.

Attached are pictures of all versions that you can choose from. Additionally I can do license plates, carbon fiber spoilers, carbon mirrors, blacked out grills, blacked out side turn signals and lower rear bumper swords.

I did not make big numbers, since it is pretty time intensive, so here is the quantity that I could make from all the individual parts that I have received:

Java Green: 6 models (3 left)
Monaco Blue: 12 models (5 left)
Black Sapphire: 30 models (only 7 left)
Valencia Orange: 50 models (25 left)
Alpine White: 50 models (21 left)
The Safety cars are available as well

As Dackel has written, you can contact me directly at mlang@minichamps.de I have also signed up in the forum (Riviera Blue), so that you can also contact me directly. I am just waiting for clearance by the moderators, so that I can post replies as well.

Concerning the post from the German forum: all US Spec models will have the M door trim sill facing the correct direction.

As you all might understand, different collectors have different expectations, meeting them all is impossible. We also have to stick to certain company rules and requirements, as well entry barriers to markets all over the world. In China for example the models need a special labeling and require certain equipment. For example the 1:1 car manufacturer industry heavily focuses on China and its requirements and therefore other countries fall a bit short and the same goes for many industries also the model car industry. As a collector things often look simpler and easier to comment than they are in reality, as a manufacturer you have to face a lot of complex issues and decisions, this for example all starts with the idea to bring the model as close to the original product as possible. This is not always possible, due to all the innovative and futuristic designs of cars nowadays. This should not stand as an excuse, but as an explanation as to why sometimes things are not 100% as they are with the original car.

Maybe some of you remember the open letter that AutoArt released about 3 years ago, where they stated the constant cost increase for materials and labor in China and a resulting price increase and need to reduce detailing on certain aspects of the model and their work with the car manufacturer industry. The result of this some of you have probably already seen, the number of AutoArt models being released is shrinking.

Thanks

Max
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #933
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

I just want to say thank you to Dackelone and Max! Riviera Blue I understand the time and effort it takes to follow up on such a project. After being on the waiting list for nearly 2 years, my model arrived this week in perfect condition. Thanks!

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2015, 08:09 AM   #934
1mian
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Talking

I also want to say thank you to Dackelone and Max! Riviera Blue My models (AW & MotoGP) arrived recently in perfect condition. They look great! Thank you, thank you!!
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #935
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Finally got mine!
Attached Images

09-13-2015, 10:05 PM   #936
LeifW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that I received my model last week. It was perfectly intact. There were no issues. There was one positive surprise. When I reached out to Max, he said if I send him my plate numbers he could customize my plate. Well I sent him an image of my plate, so there would be no misunderstanding of the letters/numbers. I just assumed Max would put the same numbers/letters on a German style plate. Well the positive surprise was that Max used the actual image of my plate! It really looks like my car in 1:18 scale. Thank you Max! Also, thank you Dackel for all your effort too. See images below. First is a side view of the model. Next is an actual picture of my car with the plate. Next is an image of the rear of the model, so you can see the plate.

I do want to say a big thank you to Max, he was so responsive to my emails when I asked questions. It was really appreciated.

Side view of model:

Rear view of my actual 1M;

Rear view of model:

Thanks,
Leif W.
Appreciate 4
      09-21-2015, 10:00 PM   #937
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Well, I finally got my cars after what seemed forever; especially after having the first set arrive damaged.

But this whole saga couldn't go quietly away. The good news the cars arrived in good shape and basically intact. But when I pulled the MotoGP car out of the shipping box, I could hear something rattling around. I immediately knew that wasn't good. I pulled the car out the box and still couldn't figure out what was rattling around and where it was in the car. I ended up pulling apart the bottom of the car and found out the rattling was from the inside rear view mirror floating loose. I glued the mirror where it belonged and I think everything is good now.

I haven't pulled the regular 1M out of the box yet to inspect it. But so far everything looked good. Max went ahead and had the black wheels installed on it. I might swap out the black ones with the silver ones to see if I like that look better. Max had also installed the front splitter lip and the replica license plate from my 135i.

So here are some pictures of the MotoGP car with part of my Minichamps MotoGP bike collection.

I have other Minichamps replicas. Max tells me the Repsol Honda in the last picture is a very rare one due to it being 1:6 scale. The way I took the picture doesn't give justice to how big this model is. The Yamaha bikes are all 1:12 scale closer to lining up with the 1:18 scale of the MotoGP car.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2015, 06:17 AM   #938
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Well, I finally got my cars after what seemed forever...
I am glad everything worked out well for you in the end. Max is a good guy.

Dackel
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2015, 10:50 PM   #939
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I am glad everything worked out well for you in the end. Max is a good guy.

Dackel
Yes. I wasn't worried. I was more worried about any money and time being wasted by the shipping. Max was awesome with keeping the communication going and answering all my email inquiries. Makes me a happy Minichamps customer as evidenced by my collection.

I finally got around to unboxing the BSM 1M. Here's a couple of pictures of having the black or silver wheels on it. Haven't decided which combo I like better:

Appreciate 1
      09-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #940
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riviera Blue View Post
I have sent a request with USPS to specify exact tracking, if all goes wrong, I will send replacements of course.

I also sent out all replacement models for those of you who received broken models!
Hi MAX.
ITS another 4 weeks passed by. But nothing been delivered
Would you be kind enough to let me know if you are sending
Me replacements.

Haven't heard from you for last two weeks
When you mentioned you will get back with me
In a week.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 02:24 PM   #941
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW M3 CS

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hi all,

I received my replacement models a few weeks ago and they arrived very well packed and in good shape. Thank you Max for answering my email so promptly and replacing the damaged models. Thank you Dac for setting this up in the first place!!

Regards,
-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweine View Post
Well, I sent the following message to Andreas at Minichamps, and copied Max. I will let you know what happens.
---
Andreas, Max,

I am part of Dackel’s Group buy of 1 Addicts. Apparently Max designed and built these models, which were originally to be shipped by Dackel, who has shipped to me before, with no issues. It seems that many buyers are receiving their Models broken.

Also, I have not heard from you since my last reply over two weeks ago, in which you had promised to replace my broken models. Have the replacements been sipped yet? They were very expensive and I also had to pay even more for the duties and taxes.

-Mike
--------
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #942
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEM View Post
Hi MAX.
ITS another 4 weeks passed by. But nothing been delivered
Would you be kind enough to let me know if you are sending
Me replacements.

Haven't heard from you for last two weeks
When you mentioned you will get back with me
In a week.
Send Max a PM and or an email: mlang@minichamps.de

Its not right that you a question to Max in an open forum. Shipping from Germany to the USA(and back!) sometimes takes time. Also sometimes the shipping company makes the sender wait until they issue a refund/insurance claim. That all takes time.

I am sure Max is on the case. He won't stiff you. He will make things right.

Dackel
Appreciate 2
      10-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #943
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Send Max a PM and or an email: mlang@minichamps.de

Its not right that you a question to Max in an open forum. Shipping from Germany to the USA(and back!) sometimes takes time. Also sometimes the shipping company makes the sender wait until they issue a refund/insurance claim. That all takes time.

I am sure Max is on the case. He won't stiff you. He will make things right.

Dackel
+1, I believe he is working overtime for us
Appreciate 3
      10-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #944
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

I still have a New in Box with plastic wrapper Original car from the Welt, with receipt. Purchased while I was doing my ED. A second has sat on my table beside me since i got back from ED. Its crazy how many additional cars have been produced over the years since the original. Including Matchbox cars.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #945
mattm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifW View Post
Rear view of my actual 1M;

Leif W.
Hey, Leif, nice plate. How ya didn't come to Octoberfest in "Joisey?"

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely learn a great deal today.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 06:04 AM   #946
FairfaxM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, 1M, F82 M4

I received my AW 1M model from Max and it is perfect--exactly as I wanted, in perfect shape, and with the great custom touch of my license plate added by Max. It was packed very well and I was able to track shipping via the tracking information Max provided via email.

Max was a pleasure to deal with, and always very prompt, professional, and courteous in his communication with me.

Thank you Max and Dackelone!
Appreciate 1