BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-07-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
Dme3
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i Coupe

Unhappy airbag doens't fit in an e90 M steering wheel?

Hi guys,
i ordered an E9x M steering wheel and had it reconditioned, today i got it back and put my airbag and trim into it and the airbag just doesn't sit right.

The side parts with the spring thingy snap into place, but it seems the top notch doesn't snap in and the airbag moves around when i turn the wheel by 180 degrees as it wants to fall out. Anyone had a problem like this, i don't understand what can be wrong, pretty sure the e82 and e9x wheels are identical with round airbag?

EDIT: oops, doesn't belong in this part of the forums. And solved, for some reason i had to put my metal backplate into the "new" steering wheel and the airbag snapped all the way in all three sides. Tried tightening the one in the e90 wheel all the way but still wouldn't sit, even though part numbers are identical, so whatever.

Last edited by Dme3; 09-07-2020 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0