BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-28-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

Accessport Gauages to monitor mods

I bought a Cobb Accessport a few months back and did the Stage 1 flash and threw it back in the box. I liked the way it could be plugged up when needed, then stored away until next. I really didn’t spend any time playing with or using any of the other features, until now and could use some suggestions.

I started with my car bone stock, a 2010 135i which I initially flashed to Stage 1 (Stg 1 STDrive IJE0S-v401). From my first drive, I was blown away with the increased throttle response and seemingly changed performance of the car. Last weekend, I installed my first mods (charge pipe & High-flow panel filter) and am about to install an FMIC next weekend. I am happy with what I have performance wise now, but will in all likely hood jump up to a 1+ tune, or look into something custom since I will have the added benefits of the FMIC and CP.

Today, I plugged the Accesport up and started using the Gauge feature to try and monitor the improvements I have at this point. My problem is, I do not know what the most beneficial gauges are to be looking at. Below is the screen that the previous owner of my Accessport had used, as you can see my max boost on my drive into work hit 14 PSI and the oil temp in stop and go traffic hit 241; air 118. Obviously I want to watch these to manage things, but what other gauges should I consider to help me to determine both the status of my upgrades and keep an eye on potential problem areas down the road.

Again, I have been a flash and toss the Accessport back in the box sort of guy, and once I am certain things are installed and at a safe setting will probably do the same, but for the upgrade process what should I be looking at?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0