BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

please read my datalog

can someone read my cobb cataloging
http://datazap.me/u/socrates-tii/cob...=0&data=2-3-13

MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #2
Digitalism
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Something weird going on at 3500 rpm area with a substantial timing drop causing throttle closure.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 07:09 AM   #3
ONDEMAND
oooooo
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

Your actual load is exceeding (overshooting) the requested load by ECU and that is triggering throttle closures. Further more the throttle closures are causing the timing corrections, but....this is not a proper WOT log.

You need to turn off all DSC | DTC nannies, and log a full throttle WOT run from say 2,000-6,000 rpm through 3rd gear.

If you dont do this specifically as described above you will see timing pull and throttle flutter as this is typical of the ECU at lower loads. The key is to get the engine running to target, and with minimal throttle and timing fluctuations at 100% throttle.

Log it again
      09-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONDEMAND View Post
Your actual load is exceeding (overshooting) the requested load by ECU and that is triggering throttle closures. Further more the throttle closures are causing the timing corrections, but....this is not a proper WOT log.

You need to turn off all DSC | DTC nannies, and log a full throttle WOT run from say 2,000-6,000 rpm through 3rd gear.

If you dont do this specifically as described above you will see timing pull and throttle flutter as this is typical of the ECU at lower loads. The key is to get the engine running to target, and with minimal throttle and timing fluctuations at 100% throttle.

Log it again

ok i did what you said. 2 Data logs 93oct

1) http://datazap.me/u/socrates-tii/2nd...=0&data=2-3-13

2) http://datazap.me/u/socrates-tii/1st...-3-13&mark=241
MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #5
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 07:43 AM   #6
ONDEMAND
oooooo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates.Tii View Post
Hey man, your are getting there but it appears your logs are not 100% WOT. Your throttle plate (TPS act.) never seems to go over +/- 80% which would indicate you are not going full throttle. Please add "accel ped pos" to your list of data log channels so we can clearly see the relationship to what your foot is asking the engine to do and how the throttle plate position and loads relate.

How does the car feel when you do a WOT pull? Are you getting codes, or feeling a stumble? Perhaps you just want to know the engine is happy?

I assume this is a stage 2+ aggressive map given your mods and cotane?

In general your logs look decent. AFR is fine (no lean conditions) and timing corrections are minimal. On your second log there is a substantial correction in cyl 4 (-7) which could be a plug, coil, injector but I would not worry too much about that right now. Typically a couple degrees of timing pull is not really a problem -4 max, but this DME pulls timing under non WOT loads by nature. What you want to avoid is having multiple corrections greater thatn -4 on three or more adjacent cylinders when going 100% WOT.

I suspect you may feel the throttle closures when your throttle plate closes do to "actual load" exceeding "requested load". The "load" in these terms is an amount of torque requested by the DME based upon the input you provide at the pedal. The DME tables that dictate this load relationship can be adjusted via Cobbs "accesstuner" software or via a protune form Pro Tuning Freaks or the like. Remember the Cobb OTS maps are rather generic in nature and are made to suit the N54 or N55 across the board and in all altitudes. I highly recommend a Protune as the map will be revised to suit your specific engine, mods, fuel, and environment.

In the end you want to minimize throttle closures and keep timing corrections to a minimum. These engines are tough, tride and true + they have a ton of safeguards built in that will protect the engine, and in the process either pull timing or begin to limit air | fuel, or both.

Here is one of my logs showing minimal throttle closures even when Im exceeding the requested load of 190 and hitting 194. This is achieved by adjusting the torque load tables based upon pedal position. Note the flat line nature of "accel pedal pos", "TPS act." and the "requested load". Im holding +19psi to around 4,300 rpm and tappering down from there with the throttle plate never dropping below 98% open.

http://www.datazap.me/u/ondemand/ptf...&mark=51-60-23

Hope I dont come across like a dick but you need to add "accell ped pos" and log some 100% WOT (pedal to the floor buddy!) runs so we can really see what the engine is doing under max load. If you are truly going WOT in these prior logs and throttle is only at 80% then Im left scratching my head, this could be a more serious issue. Hopefully you just didnt put the pedal all the way down.

Good luck man
      10-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONDEMAND View Post
Hey man, your are getting there but it appears your logs are not 100% WOT. Your throttle plate (TPS act.) never seems to go over +/- 80% which would indicate you are not going full throttle. Please add "accel ped pos" to your list of data log channels so we can clearly see the relationship to what your foot is asking the engine to do and how the throttle plate position and loads relate.

How does the car feel when you do a WOT pull? Are you getting codes, or feeling a stumble? Perhaps you just want to know the engine is happy?

I assume this is a stage 2+ aggressive map given your mods and cotane?

In general your logs look decent. AFR is fine (no lean conditions) and timing corrections are minimal. On your second log there is a substantial correction in cyl 4 (-7) which could be a plug, coil, injector but I would not worry too much about that right now. Typically a couple degrees of timing pull is not really a problem -4 max, but this DME pulls timing under non WOT loads by nature. What you want to avoid is having multiple corrections greater thatn -4 on three or more adjacent cylinders when going 100% WOT.

I suspect you may feel the throttle closures when your throttle plate closes do to "actual load" exceeding "requested load". The "load" in these terms is an amount of torque requested by the DME based upon the input you provide at the pedal. The DME tables that dictate this load relationship can be adjusted via Cobbs "accesstuner" software or via a protune form Pro Tuning Freaks or the like. Remember the Cobb OTS maps are rather generic in nature and are made to suit the N54 or N55 across the board and in all altitudes. I highly recommend a Protune as the map will be revised to suit your specific engine, mods, fuel, and environment.

In the end you want to minimize throttle closures and keep timing corrections to a minimum. These engines are tough, tride and true + they have a ton of safeguards built in that will protect the engine, and in the process either pull timing or begin to limit air | fuel, or both.

Here is one of my logs showing minimal throttle closures even when Im exceeding the requested load of 190 and hitting 194. This is achieved by adjusting the torque load tables based upon pedal position. Note the flat line nature of "accel pedal pos", "TPS act." and the "requested load". Im holding +19psi to around 4,300 rpm and tappering down from there with the throttle plate never dropping below 98% open.

http://www.datazap.me/u/ondemand/ptf...&mark=51-60-23

Hope I dont come across like a dick but you need to add "accell ped pos" and log some 100% WOT (pedal to the floor buddy!) runs so we can really see what the engine is doing under max load. If you are truly going WOT in these prior logs and throttle is only at 80% then Im left scratching my head, this could be a more serious issue. Hopefully you just didnt put the pedal all the way down.

Good luck man
This is not correct.

Cobb's datalogging maps the actual percentage of the throttle blade, which never exceeds 85% (and can never be 100%). We (Cobb people) all get readings of 80-85% TPS on WOT. It's not like the JB4 where it's measuring where the pedal is. Go to another website that has technology about your n54 information and you'll figure out pretty quickly that all of the above is not relevant. The boost is the only thing you should be concerning yourself with here and why it is at 11psi at less than 6000rpm on your pull.

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #8
ONDEMAND
oooooo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp View Post
This is not correct.

Cobb's datalogging maps the actual percentage of the throttle blade, which never exceeds 85% (and can never be 100%). We (Cobb people) all get readings of 80-85% TPS on WOT. It's not like the JB4 where it's measuring where the pedal is. Go to another website that has technology about your n54 information and you'll figure out pretty quickly that all of the above is not relevant. The boost is the only thing you should be concerning yourself with here and why it is at 11psi at less than 6000rpm on your pull.
Hey bud.

Both my 135s have been N55 so Im not up to snuff on how the N54 COBB logs data

If you look at "my" datazap log in the post above you will see where the COBB shows my TPS at 99%. COBB also reads pedal position which is included in the same log of mine as well. But as said Im not a N54.

Maybe he is going WOT but Im not positive from those logs. Just wanted to make sure its a proper WOT.

Good luck Tii
      08-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #9
G-n54
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: e90 n54 dp,inlets, cp,dci,fmic

Garage List
2008 E90 N54  [0.00]
datalog

can someone check my log
im new at this some explenation will be great
my mods: CP, DP, FMIC, INLETS, DCI,...
TNX
https://datazap.me/u/grega1/v8-1?log=0&data=3-23
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 10:40 AM   #10
MoRaees
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 135i N54

Hi guys

I'm experiencing some problems on my n54 135i. Of recent I've noticed that the throttle position is closing under WOT. I also notice a slight hesitation when applying the accelerator quickly. I have also been experiencing timing correction when causing. Plugs only have 4000km on them. Please help.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #11
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-n54 View Post
can someone check my log
im new at this some explenation will be great
my mods: CP, DP, FMIC, INLETS, DCI,...
TNX
https://datazap.me/u/grega1/v8-1?log=0&data=3-23
Your log look pretty good. The bank 2 afr is a little behind bank 1 but I don't know of that means anything or not. How old are your O2 sensors?
Appreciate 0