BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #23
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

I always enjoy how wax/sealant threads always tend to become Zaino versus non-Zaino threads

Regardless, there are a lot of good products out there - find stuff that works for you!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #24
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C | '20 100AE ND2

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
First off, using any wax you should work one panel at a time. When I say it takes bout 15 minutes for the pinnacle, I mean it takes that long for it to adhere to the paint, I wipe it off almost as soon as I wipe it on, theres zero need to leave the whole application on the paint until the whole car is done, the wax itself is on the paint pretty much as soon as you apply it, thats the beauty of it.
People always say wax one panel at a time, and that's what I do, but since some products say to wait for a haze to form before wiping off, I go ahead and apply the next panel until the product is ready to be wiped off. No one says you have to apply on one panel, wait, wipe off, THEN start the next panel. That would be ridiculous. There's no difference, I just apply a thin layer on the whole car, one panel at a time, then wipe off in the same sequence that I applied. The timing is just right that enough time has passed for the product to adhere. I have zero idle time. There is no difference in the total application time between Souveran and Zaino. Just a difference in process.

By the way, when I said Souveran shows the spots, I mean it has surface spots, spots that can easily be wiped off with a spray product. I just find I have less of those rain spots after driving with a few coats of Z2 Pro/Z8 than with Souveran.

I am extremely OCD about my car's appearance as well

Both products are great and do what they advertise, it's just a matter of personal preference.
      07-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #25
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

For all you guys on the fence... all I gotta say is TRY this Menzerna Power Lock sealant. It is really worth all the praises! I was really blown away when I tried it. And now its my favorite wax/sealer. it is so easy to put on and off. And the results are really nice.

I will also try Blackfire Wet Diamond sometime in the future - mainly bc everyone regards it so highly. ...but for now, Menzerna and a coat of carnuba wax does it for me!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C | '20 100AE ND2

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
all I gotta say is TRY this Menzerna Power Lock sealant.
My Z2 Pro bottle is almost empty, I might have to pick up some of that and give it a shot next! How does it look on blue?
      07-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #27
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Powerlock is some really nice stuff as is Blackfire as well.

I still like waxes rather than sealants. Not only do I think they're better at resisting acid (bug guts, bird-bombs), I think they compliment the look of my red car more.
Of course the down side is they're less durable and I rewax every month or every other
Appreciate 0