BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #23
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

hey anyone notice the Icarbon axle back looks nearly identical to this axle back except the way the exhaust tips mount and the icarbon has cheep mig welds vs the nice tig welds on the mad dad.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #24
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Yup, I noticed the same thing. They seem to sounds a diffferent though, the MadDad seems deeper. I have the MadDad, still very satisfied!
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #25
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftmotion View Post
did you get back from vacation ????
Yup, and playing the usually catch up. Seems like when I take vacation for a week, it takes me a week to catch up on things. Specific for you, I will ahve that system we talked about heading back to the shop tomorrow and should be at their door sometime next week. We can pop what ever set of tips you want on it. SS, black ceramic coated, or carbon fiber. Ceramic coated of CF will cost you a little bit extra. I'll PM you.

Also for everyone else. I found out the exhausts we had in stock were all built...less the tips installed so I can have anything anyone wants installed. $649.95 with the SS tips, $699.95 with black ceramic coated, or $799.95 with the Carbon Fiber.

This is still the lowest cost exhaust you buy that is T304SS. It's crazy to me why anyone would even choose something else...but I am a little biased of course

R.
      10-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #26
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
A little OT and I know you are playing catch up but, when can we expect that midpipe with resonator that you are working on? I want to complete my exhaust setup!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #27
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

Order place
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #28
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
A little OT and I know you are playing catch up but, when can we expect that midpipe with resonator that you are working on? I want to complete my exhaust setup!
As soon as possible is the real answer. Every week it gets pushed out a week. At any one time we usually have one or two exhaust projects going on and the midpipes for the 135i is on the top of that list. I keep giving updated ETAs that end up being wrong and I hate doing that. But lets just say this. I've been running with the axleback(although some brands call the axleback a catback..which I guess one could since it does come after the last set of cats, but I still call it an axleback) since last December and after driving around in a custoemrs car with his Whisper with CPE catless mids, I was wanting for our midpipes in a big way, so that means I'm just as anxious as everyone and I call our fabrication shop once a week to remind them to slot this in. The problem has always been a timing thing between the shop forman that does all the design work and coordinating his time with a local customers to have a car in the shop for a day. So for now I'm just going to say the midpipes are a top priority and I'm desparte form them on my car and would like to have them on my car before the end of this calendar year. Hopefully well before.

R.
      10-22-2009, 04:32 AM   #29
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Rob,

Sounds like a plan! You might as well put me #1 on the pre-order list because it is already a done deal (at least in my head) that I will purchase the mid pipes (w/resonator and hopefully the fake looking cat you mentioned in an earlier post!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddad View Post
As soon as possible is the real answer. Every week it gets pushed out a week. At any one time we usually have one or two exhaust projects going on and the midpipes for the 135i is on the top of that list. I keep giving updated ETAs that end up being wrong and I hate doing that. But lets just say this. I've been running with the axleback(although some brands call the axleback a catback..which I guess one could since it does come after the last set of cats, but I still call it an axleback) since last December and after driving around in a custoemrs car with his Whisper with CPE catless mids, I was wanting for our midpipes in a big way, so that means I'm just as anxious as everyone and I call our fabrication shop once a week to remind them to slot this in. The problem has always been a timing thing between the shop forman that does all the design work and coordinating his time with a local customers to have a car in the shop for a day. So for now I'm just going to say the midpipes are a top priority and I'm desparte form them on my car and would like to have them on my car before the end of this calendar year. Hopefully well before.

R.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #30
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: i3, 335i GT, e46 M3 vert SC

SS please
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #31
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Best Exhaust at the Best Value

I keep forgetting to post this pic. It highlights the details we consider when building our exhausts. We include a mount for the factory rubber isolator. This absorbs vibrations that can contribute to droning and those nasty sounds inside the cabin. There are are only two other exhausts(imports) that include this detail and they are twice the cost of a MadDad.

Complete T304SS
TIG Welds (more precise than MIGs used on 80% of what I've seen offered for the 135i from other brands)
Imported German exhaust packing(expensive exotic stuff that is patented)
OEM Perfect Fitment
Aggessive tips without being a mellon shooter
Fantastic sound character we describe as "Adult Agression"
Will work with any vendors midpipes that work with the OE axleback
2 Week Money Back Gaurantee (excluding shipping) - no one else offers(I wonder why?)

..and still just $649.95 (SS Tips, other options additional) for a limited time and no waiting for GBs. This is right now.

10-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #32
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just got off the phone with our shop. We've got one unit available with the black ceramic coated tips ready as seen above. $699.95...no lines no waiting, no GB to wait for and still the best prices in town while we maintain these silly prices.

We'll have the carbon fiber tipped units shipping end of next month.

R.
      10-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #33
3val
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 SMG 135i, 2013 X1 2.8

pm sent!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #34
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3val View Post
pm sent!
For everyone's reference, we have to a car back in the shop to complete work on the midpipes we're doing. This has been a moving target over time but it's at the top of our priority list right now and we are suppose to have a car back in the shop this month. I've just been really aweful with ETAs in the past on this piece so I'm hesitiate to try and give a date because I keep on moving it. I do think it's safe to say it should be test fitted and shown on a car by end of November..I'll stand by that one. I'll be the first customer . It will be worth the wait since this will not be another "me too" midpipe. The mini resonators that look like the factory cats will be appreciated by many I'm sure.

Shipping Notes:

We've had a couple folks this week ask about shipping via USPS to destination outside the U.S. Unfortunately the box is a hint over the limit USPS imposes on overall length plus girth. We even tried to modify the box a bit to get it under their threshold but it was still a hint too large. So for reference this items ships UPS Ground(or any other option you like..but express will be very very expensive). The only way to get the box size smaller would be to use removable exhaust hangers but I don't care for those setups at all so that's not going to happen. The box is clearly labeled MADE IN THE USA which does help mitigate some of the import fees with countries that have appropriate arrangements with the US. (Canada for instance). Just thought I'd share these details since it's been asked a few times via PM.

R.
      10-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #35
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: i3, 335i GT, e46 M3 vert SC

so anything for me????
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #36
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftmotion View Post
so anything for me????
Yup, got that unit we talked about in route to the shop right now to install the SS tips. May end of next week or the following week. It won't arrive there till Wednesday of next week.

R.
      10-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #37
niuzai
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e81 3dr

my e81 130i

this is only for 135i?
do you have anything like that for 130i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddad View Post
Hey folks,

We have a few(actually 4) MadDad axleback exhausts with the polished stainless steel tips still available at the intro price from early this year. There has never been a top quality axleback offered at this price on this forum or anywhere else. These are all hand made for 135i here in the US. All T304 SS. Nothing is skimped. We use TIG welds instead of MIG. If you know about exhausts/welding you know TIGs are better than MIGs. More expensive yes, but we make a premium product and there is no sense in skimping a few dollars on the welds when everything else it done to such high standards. Some other noteworthy features. Our production units(which the 4 left are) also have mounts to reinstall the factory vibration damper. That's the round/cylinder shapped piece of rubber that is attached to your exhaust. It helps isolate vibrations which helps mitigate drone. We sweat the little details like this. We also hand back the canisters with an imported German exhaust packing. Its a patented engineered fiber that is not all like the typical exhaust packing. Once it is broken in it simply will not blow out. We've been making Whisper exhaust series exhausts since 2004 for the Subaru world and you will find there are more people that own thier Whisper exhaust 2-3-4 years later than just about any other exhaust. That's because years later the sound still is the same. Sometimes what you can't see is the most import part of your exhaust.

To be clear the 4 units left are all the polished stainless steel. We fianlly got our shipment of carbon fiber tips so probably sometime end of next month we'll finally be able to start shipping CF tip versions...although they will run about $150 more than the SS tip version.

So for the price of a T304 exhaust pipe from others you can get quite possibly the best real axleback on the market...OK I'm somewhat partial to the brand

Last footnotes. This is a 3" axleback but it was designed to mate with the factory intermediate(aka mids) pipe, and we've also installed them with CPE catless intermediate pipes and fitment is just fine. Our intermediate is still in development and will be something a little more special than the current offerings.

4 Exhausts available at $649.95 plus shipping. Get them while they last.
Direct link: http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/prod...9&cat=0&page=1

Some pics with the CF tips, I'll try and find some with the SS:

CF Tips

SS Tips
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #38
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Ordered! I also can't wait for the midpipes
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2009, 09:03 PM   #39
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikelol View Post
I also can't wait for the midpipes
That's what I am interested in from MadDad. The quality of their products looks great.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #40
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
One of my favorite mods....and quality is definitely up there with the best...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #41
carlosii
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #42
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'll update this forum Monday. With the flurry of orders we've got in the past week I think that's all we had left in stock.

carlosii,saikelol - you two guys will be taken care of with the stock we have on hand. We had 6 in stock at the beginning of the week not 4 as I thought so all is good.

niuzai - Sorry, just the 135i right now. No plans for a 130i..we don't have those here in the U.S.

We'll put in a another materials order this week to make sure we have more systems to ship next month. We'll let this $649.95(ss tips) run for another month...the madness will have to end at some point. Our goal was to encourage folks try this exhaust. I think with the recent customer comments and updated video(and more on the way), people are realizing what a awesome value this is. I imagine in another week or so we'll be seeing quite a few more comments and photos posted. Keep them coming...

R.
      10-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #43
niuzai
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e81 3dr

maddad-thanks for your reply
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #44
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

$649.95 MadDad Exhaust

I was asked to post a pic of the rubber vibration damper. Here it is as installed on my exhaust. You remove that rubber mount from the factory exhaust which takes all of 60 seconds, and screw it directly into the mount we include on all MadDad Whisper EuroSport exhaust. I still wonder why some folks are paying more...and getting less for their $$.