BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #67
TGel15
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRanger View Post
To be fair, putting the AA tune on my car lead me to find some issues. Vacuum leak and a bad coil. Finally got the car running 100% again and afraid to try the tune once more. The tune heightens everything so much that if your car has any small issues, throws the whole car out of whack

Specs on wheels:
VMR 18's. Powder coated Black Chrome.
Cont. DWS 225/40ZR18 in front
Cont. DWS 255/35ZR18 in back

Link to what my car was doing w/ AA tune:
Thank you for the response. Glad to hear you got the car back running at 100%.
That is definitely some odd and unwanted engine activity. Makes me wonder what the source of the issue was

If I have an N51 SULEV 128i do I even have this vacuum? (i.e. no turbo)

Please let me know if you ever decide to try the tune again! (now that the issues are gone)
Ive heard it opens up a lot of drivability.... better pedal response as well as some other remapping of fuel and air.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #68
mrvco
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
To be fair, putting the AA tune on my car lead me to find some issues. Vacuum leak and a bad coil. Finally got the car running 100% again and afraid to try the tune once more. The tune heightens everything so much that if your car has any small issues, throws the whole car out of whack

Specs on wheels:

Were you able to revert back to the factory tune and clear the faults or did the faults persist with the factory settings? My 128i is still stock, but at some point I'd like to do the 3-stage IM and software tune. I'd also like to do headers, but I have to e-test here and that makes me a bit nervous.
      05-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #69
RedRanger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i Sedona Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvco View Post
Quote:

Specs on wheels:

Were you able to revert back to the factory tune and clear the faults or did the faults persist with the factory settings? My 128i is still stock, but at some point I'd like to do the 3-stage IM and software tune. I'd also like to do headers, but I have to e-test here and that makes me a bit nervous.
I was able to go back to stock. Still have yet to try the tune again.
Appreciate 0