BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #133
bvez3ro
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB

Mine have been replaced on friday and i have the feeling it's worse than with the standard fender liner. Talked to my dealer today, gonna bring him the car on wednesday to check that. I am running 19" stock wheels, stock size and no lowering.

Puma number is 49636119-01
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #134
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvez3ro View Post
Mine have been replaced on friday and i have the feeling it's worse than with the standard fender liner. Talked to my dealer today, gonna bring him the car on wednesday to check that. I am running 19" stock wheels, stock size and no lowering.

Puma number is 49636119-01
First, thanks for the number.

How is this even possible? Are you sure they put the "revised" part in? Because the part numbers of fender liners are not changed, maybe they just put another old part Or maybe they just failed to install it properly!

All the other people were claiming that new fender liner effectively cures this slight rubbing issue, and some even claimed that if we upgrade to 255/35/19tires on front it still doesn't rub with new liners which is a good motivation for me to do this asap, so I am really looking fwd to what you will listen at the dealer. Please post your findings.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #135
bvez3ro
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB

My dealer told that a lot of people complained about the new parts. What they basically did with mine was, they heated up the area where the wheels were rubbing and pushed it further in. Maybe in the future BMW will release new revisited parts. Will ask again in a few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #136
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Also my 1M now features the optimized fender liners (front wheels).
      07-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #137
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Also my 1M now features the optimized fender liners (front wheels).
Any rubbing?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #138
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Today, stopped by the BMW dealer and asked about the PUMA on these liner replacement. Gave them the number, also for the liner part numbers and showed them the diagram and the actual piece on the car. Nothing passed through their skin. They checked in their system through my car's key and said there is none. Not surprised by the reply I told them to check again and if necessary ask it from Germany. I am going to be surprised if anything good comes out from this though. I'll wait around a week and then either ask Germany to instruct them (I do it quite often, this is how my relationship with the local dealer started around 2 years ago when I fought back their meaningless insistance that no 2000 km. service is needed). Of course, they took their revenge when it was time for my first service by putting wrong oil, despite many warnings and before that by stealing the M mobility system's compressor from the trunk when I left the car for installing BMW steel pedals.

They paid the proper price in both cases and some got embarrased but still after this wonderful experience I stopped going there totally and I behave like my car has no warranty too, works better imo, at least I don't need to worry what kind of damage they will make to the car everytime I go.

Probably soon I will buy and install them myself. Despite being the most amazing car I've ever owned this is sooo my last BMW!
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #139
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Today, stopped by the BMW dealer and asked about the PUMA on these liner replacement. Gave them the number, also for the liner part numbers and showed them the diagram and the actual piece on the car. Nothing passed through their skin. They checked in their system through my car's key and said there is none.
This must be a joke performed by wannabe clowns. And the worse part of it is that you gotta pay for their 'performance'.
  • "PuMA" ("Problem und Maßnahmenmanagement Aftersales" = "Problem and Measures management Aftersales") is a worldwide BMW database of all reported problems and most with the their appropriate fixes. It's BMW's online technical hotline for dealers. Info is considered to be confidential. If an issue is not reported yet, the dealer fills out a form for submittal to BMW's technical gurus and subsequently they send back a response outlining what BMW wants the dealer to do to fix the car. Sometimes it's "replace such-and-such" and sometimes they ask for more diagnostic info;
  • "TC" ("Teile Clearing" = "Parts Clearance") is BMW giving the dealer approval to replace a part after a dealer submits a PuMA case outlining what the dealer did to determine that the part is the problem. It serves the purpose to avoid that dealers start to replace parts for no valid reason (for example: "I got an idea: let's replace the SATNAV Pro unit to check whether it resolves the fender liners rubbing issue" ). Otherwise said, the process involves a growing list of parts identified by BMW that require the special "Teile Clearance" prior to replacement under warranty. Dealer technicians, when finding a fault/defect with one of the identified parts are required to submit a "Teile Clearing" case for review by BMW's engineers before being able to replace the parts on any warranty repair.
Reminds of that urban legend about a guy with a Rolls Royce that had broken down. He called a service number, service indeed came along and repaired the Rolls on the spot. Subsequently the guy asked how much he had to pay for the repairs. The repairs guy replied "What repairs ? I don't know what you're referring to ?" and left the scene.

Quote:
Despite being the most amazing car I've ever owned this is sooo my last BMW!
Too bad that the BMW reputation is tarnished by a dealership like yours apparently failing to meet BMW minimum quality/service standards.
      07-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #140
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Too bad that the BMW reputation is tarnished by a dealership like yours apparently failing to meet BMW minimum quality/service standards.
Artemis, I have had "so-so" at its best concerning service and aftersales experience with BMW over the years in countries: France, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, Brazil as well; never this bad as in Chile, it is like a joke as you said in your post, they seem to be abducted people not a real car dealer and a monopoly on top of it. May be the worst brand dealer in Chile since I rarely hear this kind of complaints from other brands present here, I myself have way better service and attention to detail from the VW Group dealer for my wife's Skoda Yeti.

I will try to stick with the 1M as long as I can but I almost hope that BMW won't produce another very tempting car so that I can easily leave this behind as a bitter-sweet memory (sorry, getting selfish a bit). It really is the phenomenon of record sales numbers all around the Globe killing the expected BMW quality.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #141
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Artemis, I have had "so-so" at its best concerning service and aftersales experience with BMW over the years in countries: France, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, Brazil as well; never this bad as in Chile, it is like a joke as you said in your post, they seem to be abducted people not a real car dealer and a monopoly on top of it. May be the worst brand dealer in Chile since I rarely hear this kind of complaints from other brands present here, I myself have way better service and attention to detail from the VW Group dealer for my wife's Skoda Yeti.

I will try to stick with the 1M as long as I can but I almost hope that BMW won't produce another very tempting car so that I can easily leave this behind as a bitter-sweet memory (sorry, getting selfish a bit). It really is the phenomenon of record sales numbers all around the Globe killing the expected BMW quality.
That's sad...I usually just shoot my dealer an e-mail with the link to one of the threads and they take care of it. I've done that so far for the cracked mirror piece and the fender liners.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #142
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
That's sad...I usually just shoot my dealer an e-mail with the link to one of the threads and they take care of it. I've done that so far for the cracked mirror piece and the fender liners.
Blessing of competition my friend.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #143
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Blessing of competition my friend.
In regione caecorum rex est luscus: in the realm of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
      07-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #144
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just got my liners replaced today. Before they were changed I tested out the old liners by parking the car with the wheels at full lock to the left and placing a liece of paper in between the tire and liner. It was so close that it held the paper in place. With the new liners I can visually see that there is at least 1/4" room minimum...maybe more. You can easily see how they have modified the liner. I am wondering if those of you who say its worse just got the same old liners. Anyway....I will be getting 255 pss soon!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #145
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Just got my liners replaced today. Before they were changed I tested out the old liners by parking the car with the wheels at full lock to the left and placing a liece of paper in between the tire and liner. It was so close that it held the paper in place. With the new liners I can visually see that there is at least 1/4" room minimum...maybe more. You can easily see how they have modified the liner. I am wondering if those of you who say its worse just got the same old liners. Anyway....I will be getting 255 pss soon!
Thanks for yet another confirmation. That's what I wanna do too.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #146
Xaeryan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sideways mostly

Replaced mine on my own dime and took some side-by-side comparison pics to better depict the changes.
Top picture is driver's side (right is new one)
Bottom picture is passenger side (left is new one)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #147
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

My parts had just come in, but won't have time to take it there till 20/8. Will report afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #148
mojo_78613
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeryan
Replaced mine on my own dime and took some side-by-side comparison pics to better depict the changes.
Top picture is driver's side (right is new one)
Bottom picture is passenger side (left is new one)
I've done the same thing too a couple of months ago. My dealer refused to even acknowledge this was an issue. I went back and forth with them via email and phone, and referenced this thread for almost 2 weeks.... Bought the parts directly from Tischer BMW and installed easily in less than 45 min with the help of a friend! Sales people at my local BMW dealership are great, however, the service department is horrible... I tested the new parts using my track setup (F: 265/35R18, R: 285/35R18) earlier this summer and they was no rubbing issue at all when compared with using the older parts with my track setup. The rubbing issue is very clear with the older parts and track setup.

On a different note, I'm weighing in buying PSS 255/35R19 for the fronts and 275/35R19 for the rears in the next couple of months... I think this should work fine... But can someone confirm??? Regards,
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #149
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo_78613 View Post
I've done the same thing too a couple of months ago. My dealer refused to even acknowledge this was an issue. I went back and forth with them via email and phone, and referenced this thread for almost 2 weeks.... Bought the parts directly from Tischer BMW and installed easily in less than 45 min with the help of a friend! Sales people at my local BMW dealership are great, however, the service department is horrible... I tested the new parts using my track setup (F: 265/35R18, R: 285/35R18) earlier this summer and they was no rubbing issue at all when compared with using the older parts with my track setup. The rubbing issue is very clear with the older parts and track setup.

On a different note, I'm weighing in buying PSS 255/35R19 for the fronts and 275/35R19 for the rears in the next couple of months... I think this should work fine... But can someone confirm??? Regards,

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844083
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #150
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Parts installed yesterday and the tech says that it is still rubbing and might be slightly better. However, a pleasant surprised when driving today - no more rubbing on the usual places. Only at full lock now, and can faintly here it rubs. So definitely a big improvement to the old part. It might be visually still rubbing, but probably no way near as bad.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #151
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Parts installed yesterday and the tech says that it is still rubbing and might be slightly better. However, a pleasant surprised when driving today - no more rubbing on the usual places. Only at full lock now, and can faintly here it rubs. So definitely a big improvement to the old part. It might be visually still rubbing, but probably no way near as bad.
When you made this install and following road test, were you on Trofeo R or another tire? Trofeos are reportedly very fat tires, that's why I am asking.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #152
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Trofeo R.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #153
Steph
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M3 Telesto CP MY18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasya View Post
Ordered these under waranty from my dealer! Thanks a lot guys, hopefully finally rid of tire rub with my stock 18" e92 M3 wheels with Toyo R1-R 245/40R18 and 265/35R18 tires!!
Can anybody confirm front 245/40R18 has no rubbing with new fender liners?

Considering these on 260M M3 wheels with winter tyres later this year.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #154
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I have just bought some slightly used 255 PSS off the forum so I will have some feedback in a week or so on how they work with the new liners.
Appreciate 0