BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-17-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
Tommm
Driven Crazy
United_States
Rep
Drives: his wife nuts 128i 6m

Not Thrilled With Tire Rack. Warning

Well my perspective on Tire Rack just changed.

I ordered old stock winter tires for my daughter's 323Ci two weeks ago, and then went out and bought a set of used BMW rims. I called last week and was told they would be in the Denver warehouse before today. I called today and was told the 21st.

Then the salesman called. Nice guy, and up front too. Said Pirelli was fulfilling the order and they may not come through. But, there is a set in MN they can ship to my house. They wont ship the MN set to the warehouse I drive past to and from work.

He confirmed Pirelli may cancel the set on order for me, and if the set in MN is gone I am shyt out of luck.

So for $40 more than I planned on spending for a car that may not see snow (and I went out and bought a set of rims just for these tires), I will get the winter tires. If they weren't going to come through with the tires I could pick up, why did they offer it?

When I mentioned that I drive past the warehouse on my way to and from work I thought he would split the shipping with me. As an aside, when I ordered a set of tires from Discount, and then couldn't use them because the motor blew on the car, Discount paid the return shipping.

There are five cars in my household and two and a half drivers. Four use winter and summer tires, one uses summer and R Comps. That $40 will sway future purchases.

For $40 I will think hard before I hit order from Tire Rack again - on principal. Too bad there won't be a rep I can speak to when I am coaching at Street Survival in a few weeks. I know I wont push Tire Rack like I have at the other Street Survivals I volunteered to coach at. Instead of the shirt I am supposed to wear with their logo embroidered on it, I may just wear my yellow shirt with the pony on it.

Thanks for letting me vent. It seems I am not alone. https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1527119
      09-20-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
Tommm
Driven Crazy
United_States
Rep
Drives: his wife nuts 128i 6m

The moderator of this forum ignored this post and a duplicate I posted in a thread he started, so I called the company. Stated my case, and they are mailing me a gift certificate. If there are strings attached to the certificate I will post and update.

I will wear my yellow street survival shirt with the tire rack logo when I coach next month, and not knock tire rack to the parents or kids.
      09-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #3
Rudy@tirerack
Rep
Drives: rudy@tirerack.com

Hi Tomm,

Please let me know if this does not get resolved to your satisfaction. Email me directly at Rudy@tirerack.com .

I'm not up to speed on the situation but apologize as it doesn't look like everything was handled properly.

Rudy
Appreciate 0