BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
Deliphas
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i

LTB: BMW 261M Wheels/Tires

So, after an unfortunate turn of events last year while getting my winter tires put on my OEM 261M wheels/tires were stolen. I'm still working with the individual to get them replaced but with the amount of money they cost from BMW he's just really reluctant. So I thought I'd just pose the question to anybody in the Spangdahlem area if they perhaps had a set of rims/tires they were trying to sell. Also, is there possibly a better place to buy a full set of OEM 261M wheels/tires/caps/TPMS besides from the expensive BMW dealership?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
That_1_Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
I have a set of OEM run flats with a lot of tread left on them if you find the wheels without tires. Good luck man.
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
I'd sell mine but I need a set for winter wheels. I might consider selling my runflats though, they only have about 6k on them. My dealership gives me a 10% discount so maybe if you buy some other parts along with the wheels they would do the same for you. The 10% along with a VAT form might get you close to a reasonable price.
      05-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Xcution
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i mSport

Lol, I just put some new apex on and trying to sell my 261m. Shoot me a PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliphas View Post
So, after an unfortunate turn of events last year while getting my winter tires put on my OEM 261M wheels/tires were stolen. I'm still working with the individual to get them replaced but with the amount of money they cost from BMW he's just really reluctant. So I thought I'd just pose the question to anybody in the Spangdahlem area if they perhaps had a set of rims/tires they were trying to sell. Also, is there possibly a better place to buy a full set of OEM 261M wheels/tires/caps/TPMS besides from the expensive BMW dealership?
Not understanding your post. I got that you are looking for 261 wheels but, was the car at a maintenance shop or at a friends house? If the wheels were stored or was being worked on somewhere, they hold the responsibility to replace them. If they are balking at replacing your wheels, I would speak to JAG about it (if you are military/DoD civilian/Dependant)
      05-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
Deliphas
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i

All, thanks for the quick replies.

Xcution- I got your PM and if they are still available next week i will let you know. Still depending on what mechanic says.

Elsabor67- The wheels were placed in an older bmw i had when i had the Winter's put on. The car was then parked outside the mechanics fence and then stolen out, his insurance claims is not part of his property and wont pay for damages. He is willing to replace them, but was more inclined at just anything since factory is costly. I have been fairly persistant in making sure the exact factory wheels/tires are replaced since it's not my fault his insurance wont pay. Though, it's coming close to getting Polizei involved, but still giving him some time.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Xcution
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i mSport

Roger that! Let me know I live in k-town and will hold em for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliphas View Post
All, thanks for the quick replies.

Xcution- I got your PM and if they are still available next week i will let you know. Still depending on what mechanic says.

Elsabor67- The wheels were placed in an older bmw i had when i had the Winter's put on. The car was then parked outside the mechanics fence and then stolen out, his insurance claims is not part of his property and wont pay for damages. He is willing to replace them, but was more inclined at just anything since factory is costly. I have been fairly persistant in making sure the exact factory wheels/tires are replaced since it's not my fault his insurance wont pay. Though, it's coming close to getting Polizei involved, but still giving him some time.
Appreciate 0