BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
NinjaDog
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

MHD app & Track Mapping

Hi all, recently purchased a 135i and will be tracking it very soon. I've only come across the MHD app and I want to get into logging temps, pressures etc when out on the track and was wondering if there's any way to interface the MHD with a GPS track map app like Harry's Lap Timer.

For example, checking for oil surge on hair pins etc.
Is this a thing? I know our race car can do it as a MoTec system with GPS, but I'm not too familiar with what the MHD logs or what it can interface with.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 07:41 AM   #2
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRickard View Post
Hi all, recently purchased a 135i and will be tracking it very soon. I've only come across the MHD app and I want to get into logging temps, pressures etc when out on the track and was wondering if there's any way to interface the MHD with a GPS track map app like Harry's Lap Timer.

For example, checking for oil surge on hair pins etc.
Is this a thing? I know our race car can do it as a MoTec system with GPS, but I'm not too familiar with what the MHD logs or what it can interface with.

Cheers
You can use "race render" to overlay any data with any video source. They have a sister app "track addict" that can be used along with it that automatically syncs, but it does not have all of the pids you would want defined.

http://racerender.com/Products/index.html
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #3
BimmerAg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I use Racechrono Pro, but Harry's should work as well. I usually use a bluetooth OBD adapter to send the data to my phone, but the MHD cable may work too. I know the OBD port on our cars can braodcast oil temp, coolant temp, oil pressure, IAT, boost, throttle position, mass airflow, rpm, speed, and a lot of other variables