BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #67
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
Quote:
I feel pro Trump people (not saying you) have a hard time differentiating between people who dont like Trump and people who wanted HRC. I wanted neither.
I'm not "pro Trump", I am a fiscal conservative. I think Trump is an ass in many respects but I don't think anyone really knows what he's about given the ongoing battle with the MSM. I've said it before, I will say it again. Trump could cure cancer and the media wouldn't report on it. The focus would be on how many diet cokes he drank today and then they'd interview some expert on the brain damage that's done by drinking diet coke.

The US economy by all reports is doing really good, unemployment is down and the housing market is strong again. Does that have anything to do with Trump, I would suggest he gets at least some credit for that.

I think HRC was in many ways worse than Trump, and I don't think the MSM would honestly shine a light on her.

I miss the days when the media reported the news (facts) and let folks make up their own minds, as opposed to what we have now where the media is trying to drive the message. The term "Fake News" isn't far off the mark folks.
Is the economy really doing that great though? I keep hearing that but the facts don't show it.
2nd quarter GDP just revised upward to 4.2
unemployment at decades low
DOW= 26000+
NASDAQ=8000+
S&P= 3000
Inflation=nil
USD=stable
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #68
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Hillary beamed my chickens up into a ship, probed them over Finland, and then gave them Pez candies and some IPA.

OR was it 1MOREMOD and Lups ???

I'm still not sure how they made it around the flat edge of the world though
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 02:20 PM   #69
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
DOW= 26000+
NASDAQ=8000+
S&P= 3000
Inflation=nil
USD=stable
Although I'm retired, but are wages going up also? In other words, are employees reaping some of these gains? I don't mean this as a bash (good or bad) on the present administration, just curious.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 02:23 PM   #70
dmk08
Retired Poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Although I'm retired, but are wages going up also? In other words, are employees reaping some of these gains? I don't mean this as a bash (good or bad) on the present administration, just curious.
Nope.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 02:25 PM   #71
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
DOW= 26000+
NASDAQ=8000+
S&P= 3000
Inflation=nil
USD=stable
Real wage increase has been suppressed for 10 years, this is the main factor keeping inflation quite low. All that will change with the GDP change rate over 4. As the economy expands employers need to compete for employees, and inflation begins. At least that's been the historical axiom. We'll see.
Appreciate 1
are0lies4121.50

08-29-2018, 02:54 PM   #72
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Nope.
Based on what?
Attached Images

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 2
      08-29-2018, 03:02 PM   #73
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

I find it strange that we are still talking about Hillary, she lost and is irrelevant. I am far more interested in finding out what if anything our current President did.
      08-29-2018, 03:15 PM   #74
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d

Im half cut and feeling like disturbing some shizznit.

Heres something that hillary did. Lolorz

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 03:17 PM   #75
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
Im half cut and feeling like disturbing some shizznit.

Heres something that hillary did. Lolorz

Yea, those guys are all over it........
      08-29-2018, 03:22 PM   #76
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Yea, those guys are all over it........
I didnt even watch the clip. It was a terrible cut n paste job on my part. Ha
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #77
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Comey and Mueller say; Nothing to see here, move along!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Zugzwang998.00

08-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #78
Uber Commuter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D xDrive

Garage List
Putting "fact" in front of some debunked crap doesn't make it an actual fact; it just makes you a conspiracy nut.
Appreciate 4
      08-29-2018, 03:28 PM   #79
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
^^^^^^
Attached Images

08-29-2018, 03:28 PM   #80
other_evolved
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
I'm not "pro Trump", I am a fiscal conservative. I think Trump is an ass in many respects but I don't think anyone really knows what he's about given the ongoing battle with the MSM. I've said it before, I will say it again. Trump could cure cancer and the media wouldn't report on it. The focus would be on how many diet cokes he drank today and then they'd interview some expert on the brain damage that's done by drinking diet coke.

The US economy by all reports is doing really good, unemployment is down and the housing market is strong again. Does that have anything to do with Trump, I would suggest he gets at least some credit for that.

I think HRC was in many ways worse than Trump, and I don't think the MSM would honestly shine a light on her.

I miss the days when the media reported the news (facts) and let folks make up their own minds, as opposed to what we have now where the media is trying to drive the message. The term "Fake News" isn't far off the mark folks.
So, perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. You're not pro-Trump, but the implication is that because you are a fiscal conservative (as am I) you support him. Is that accurate?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 03:30 PM   #81
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post
Putting "fact" in front of some debunked crap doesn't make it an actual fact; it just makes you a conspiracy nut.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 03:32 PM   #82
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep

anglo

Hey hey hey there. Theres no fake news allowed on this site!!!

Lets stick to the facts here!!!

Somebody please find the clip from the debate between drumpf and killary where the don promised that if elected he would launch an investigation into clinton and that she and bill would go to jail!!! Lets see that look in her eyes as he said that.

I remember that moment. There was pure fear in her eyes and all over her face. If it wasnt for the makeup and im sure one could have seen her facial colour go from guant to full on green-blue.
Appreciate 1
anglo34024.00

08-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #83
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:

I think he took an economy that was doing pretty well and injected a tax cut into the system. Not exactly rocket science to get the expected results and as a fiscal conservative a bad idea. I agree he is responsible. Assuming he really needs the love of the people as the economy would have been better off long term with another approach. Somewhat like me taking out a huge loan to take my family on a vacation. I know they would love the trip and wouldn't fully understand the problems we would face down the road.
      08-29-2018, 03:43 PM   #84
irishbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Regarding the economy, most see it as a continuing trend, but stimulated by the recent tax cut. Most of which went to public corporations allowing them to use the funds to repurchase shares, and actually little went to real wage increases.

There is a concern that with the huge increase in the deficit, that cuts will have to be made in medicare, medicaid and social security. In addition, the government will likely have to borrow money to pay its bills which will cause interest rates to rise, negatively impacting the stock market.

Out here, our taxes are going up because of the property tax limitations are and there have been very few recognizable benefits for all the chaos.

Employers in California have been adding jobs for at least three years, and wages have been going up but nothing trump has done, near as I can tell.I have read where coal people are back to work in certain areas like West Virginia.

However, if we don't have any meltdowns in the next three years and things stay pretty much the same, I'll be the first to chime in that I was wrong.

Trump needs to be accountable for his actions and statements and forget about Hillary. Just shut the fuck up and quit whining.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13398.00

08-29-2018, 03:45 PM   #85
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I think he took an economy that was doing pretty well and injected a tax cut into the system. Not exactly rocket science to get the expected results and as a fiscal conservative a bad idea. I agree he is responsible. Assuming he really needs the love of the people as the economy would have been better off long term with another approach. Somewhat like me taking out a huge loan to take my family on a vacation. I know they would love the trip and wouldn't fully understand the problems we would face down the road.
Well put

08-29-2018, 03:46 PM   #86
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
^^^^^^
Attached Images

08-29-2018, 04:00 PM   #87
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
I find it strange that we are still talking about Hillary, she lost and is irrelevant. I am far more interested in finding out what if anything our current President did.
Because there is a double standard? ..maybe?

Example: you are driving 60 mph in a 45 mph zone and get pulled over for speeding and ticketed.. pay a fine and get points.

HRC: is drinking and driving at 60 mph in a 45 mph zone, meanwhile her hubby BC is in the backseat with a Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and things are getting steamy.
HRC only gets a ticket for 5 mph over the limit and no points. BC lights a cigar.
Appreciate 2
Zugzwang998.00
David70773.00

08-29-2018, 04:06 PM   #88
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135ii View Post
Quote:
Because there is a double standard? ..maybe?

Example: you are driving 60 mph in a 45 mph zone and get pulled over for speeding and ticketed.. pay a fine and get points.

HRC: is drinking and driving at 60 mph in a 45 mph zone, meanwhile her hubby BC is in the backseat with a Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and things are getting steamy.
HRC only gets a ticket for 5 mph over the limit and no points. BC lights a cigar.
If Jeff sessions and the rest of the Republicans in the Justice Department haven't found anything by now, what's up?