BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-06-2018, 08:30 AM   #67
knowthebattle
MMJ User
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Do you all really believe this?

Oh look shiny!!!

Stop and look around. If you're so focused on what everything and everyone is telling you to look at you'll miss whats really going on. It's like a concert. The president is the show, but he only does a tiny portion of it and what really goes on.

Guys, do you honestly think the President of the United States is on twitter? Just talking trash like this is a rap battle. Come on. Things might be crazy, but we're not that unprofessional.

Everyone that is only focused on this are missing something really going on. And well you're all distracted. I don't know what is going on, but trust me on this, at what ever level it's at, it's neither Dems or Repubs calling the shots.

Because you know, before any military action someone goes, "hey let me consider my political agenda first." Fuck no. Now I'm not saying it's military. But if small shit like an opinion article can get you all up in arms about this, well then they can do whatever they want.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 08:36 AM   #68
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Trump attacks Woodward, but trashing his book may not work - Fox News
https://apple.news/ALsG4D1nDSAWIPxaBDiDLZA

09-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #69
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
I don't think it can be proven otherwise unless the writer outs themselves. I don't believe the NYT will ever do so.

Not that I'm aware of. What would that law even look like? I could see it, maybe, if there was a crime committed that the paper could be compelled to reveal the source. That obviously doesn't apply here - thankfully speaking badly about politicians, even the President, isn't illegal.

Based on the President's own comments, the "failing New York Times" has been in his octagon for years already.
Just thinking out loud.
IF someone did in fact write this that had been or is employed by The White House, couldn't the possibility of classified information being shared, while not showing up in the article, with the Times carry enough weight?

Just spitballing.

09-06-2018, 08:55 AM   #70
scotty91ss
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M5, '15 X5M,'91Chev454ss

I like to think that there are more politicians out there that believe, to quote what someone said about McCain, "...put country before party."
Even though the WH response is saying there is a traitor or coward, we all know it is a group of people, trying to do what is best for America and its people, inside the WH.
I feel the only mistake they made, was to take it upon themselves to try to "handle it from within", rather than invoking impeachment procedures.
Appreciate 2
minn195404.00
Zlaatan567.00

09-06-2018, 09:02 AM   #71
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Just thinking out loud.
IF someone did in fact write this that had been or is employed by The White House, couldn't the possibility of classified information being shared, while not showing up in the article, with the Times carry enough weight?

Just spitballing.
With no evidence to suggest that the author shared any classified information to anyone who shouldn't have it, what's the value in speculating that it could have happened?

However, yes, IF classified information was intentionally disclosed that would be a crime.
Appreciate 2
minn195404.00
MKSixer13426.50

09-06-2018, 09:05 AM   #72
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthebattle View Post
Do you all really believe this?

Oh look shiny!!!

Stop and look around. If you're so focused on what everything and everyone is telling you to look at you'll miss whats really going on. It's like a concert. The president is the show, but he only does a tiny portion of it and what really goes on.

Guys, do you honestly think the President of the United States is on twitter? Just talking trash like this is a rap battle. Come on. Things might be crazy, but we're not that unprofessional.

Everyone that is only focused on this are missing something really going on. And well you're all distracted. I don't know what is going on, but trust me on this, at what ever level it's at, it's neither Dems or Repubs calling the shots.

Because you know, before any military action someone goes, "hey let me consider my political agenda first." Fuck no. Now I'm not saying it's military. But if small shit like an opinion article can get you all up in arms about this, well then they can do whatever they want.
So you're saying that Trump's tweets aren't actually coming from Trump?

Appreciate 1
MKSixer13426.50

09-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #73
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M4 CS, 16 F150, 19 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
It was just a joke. I dont think Pence penned it. If he had, man, that would be some some straight up House of Cards script material. But yeah, not likely Pence. I think Pence is so marginalized by Trump that he's not even in the room when many of these decisions are made by Trump that the op-ed author talks about having to walk back.
Besides, don't see the way Pence looks at Trump every chance he gets.........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
I got a source that you have several Male concubines in your Finish basement.
Hmm, you seem jealous.

Lups post the pics in the cool pic thread!
Appreciate 2
      09-06-2018, 09:09 AM   #74
knowthebattle
MMJ User
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
So you're saying that Trump's tweets aren't actually coming from Trump?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Come on...really? Twitter? Are you really that naive?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 09:09 AM   #75
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
With no evidence to suggest that the author shared any classified information to anyone who shouldn't have it, what's the value in speculating that it could have happened?

However, yes, IF classified information was intentionally disclosed that would be a crime.
Allow me to back up.

For there to be a reason to, lawfully, demand the authors identify, they could put forth their concerns of classified material being passed out as a possibility. Kind of an open ended search warrant, if you will.
I don't think they are concerned with value right about now.

Again, just looking outside the box.
      09-06-2018, 09:10 AM   #76
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Probably some friend of McStain. Deep State cannot die quick enough.
Appreciate 1
DonaldPump4975.00

09-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #77
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Allow me to back up.

For there to be a reason to, lawfully, demand the authors identify, they could put forth their concerns of classified material being passed out as a possibility. Kind of an open ended search warrant, if you will.

Again, just looking outside the box.
Gotcha.

Well, in theory, they (WH) could do just about anything.

With zero evidence to support it, I don't think their "worry" about classified information being disclosed would last a New York minute in court, however...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 09:13 AM   #78
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm saying. Come on...really? Twitter? Are you really that naive?

And then you call me naÔve! Fucking priceless.
Appreciate 3
      09-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #79
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gotcha.

Well, in theory, they (WH) could do just about anything.

With zero evidence to support it, I don't think their "worry" about classified information being disclosed would last a New York minute in court, however...
True. But any possibility of excavating this person, if its authentic, outweighs the repercussions, imo.
I'm sure the lawyers on both sides are guzzling caffeine as we type.
      09-06-2018, 09:18 AM   #80
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

This morning, my money is on McCain. Nothing left to lose since he passed.

OR DID HE???????
Appreciate 4
      09-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #81
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M4 CS, 16 F150, 19 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
This morning, my money is on McCain. Nothing left to lose since he passed.

OR DID HE???????
Well he isnít really dead right? According to the other thread/theories.
Appreciate 2
UncleWede7369.00
MKSixer13426.50

09-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #82
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
True. But any possibility of excavating this person, if its authentic, outweighs the repercussions, imo.
If you remember Woodward's & Bernstein's "Deep Throat" you would know that no reporter or news outlet will reveal their sources. If that happened, they would lose all appeal for anyone to talk. The Nixon administration went hard after the Post and these guys for their "source", but they did not budge. Personally, I don't like this op-ed because it reveals a lack of control within this administration. Almost likened to catching your parents having sex...a bit of TMI.
Appreciate 1
minn195404.00

09-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #83
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback

really?

Quote:
As there is no probable cause the NYT lawyers will just be sipping their coffee.
Appreciate 2
      09-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #84
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
If there really was some poor staffer charged with tweeting on behalf of Trump, don't you think they'd find someone who sounded less, you know, Trumpy?

I 10000000000% believe that "covfefe" is the work of Trump himself and no one else.
Appreciate 4
minn195404.00
Sassicaia3129.50
MKSixer13426.50

09-06-2018, 09:46 AM   #85
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

"Speculation that The New York Times op-ed was written by me or my Principal Deputy is patently false. We did not," Coats said in a statement. "From the beginning of our tenure, we have insisted that the entire [intelligence community] remain focused on our mission to provide the President and policymakers with the best intelligence possible."

I have no idea if this is Peter Stevens or an actual insider. But I do keep seeing one individuals face. Sessions.
      09-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #86
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

I believe its someone real. I believe there are many republicans that still believe in their country before their party. Any rational thinker can see that Trump is unhinged. I'v been using that word to describe him since he took office, and I'm not surprised to see it pop up here.

If I was in vegas I'd put my money on the source being real every day of the week. What shocks me most is how blind people are when it comes to their support for Trump. It really is apt to a cult following.
Appreciate 3
minn195404.00
Zlaatan567.00

09-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #87
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
"Speculation that The New York Times op-ed was written by me or my Principal Deputy is patently false. We did not," Coats said in a statement. "From the beginning of our tenure, we have insisted that the entire [intelligence community] remain focused on our mission to provide the President and policymakers with the best intelligence possible."

I have no idea if this is Peter Stevens or an actual insider. But I do keep seeing one individuals face. Sessions.
Does'nt matter who wrote it because that person is part of a larger group of "adults in the room" who feel the same way.
Appreciate 2
minn195404.00

09-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #88
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^ hmm. Not what I'm hearing from staff. In fact, quite the opposite.
Anyway.

If Sessions doesn't release a public denial...
I think he's forcing the president's hand. Ray Charles can see he's finished sooner rather than later. He could be playing the hand he feels best for his future.

More spitballs.