BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #5809
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Do you conceal carry? What kind of "gun"?
Not sure why "gun" is in quotation marks but yes. My dad was in the army for 22+ years and he would take me and my two brothers to the range to learn how to shoot. I've primarily used Glocks (G19 and G26 various generations). Any other questions?
      05-21-2019, 09:28 PM   #5810
irishbimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Look at the result. 103 attorney's who are left leaning and none who are centrist or right leaning.

Res ipsa loquitur.
103 left-leaning attorneys? MK-could you please fill me in on what a left-leaning attorney is (are they worse than right-leaning attorneys?) and what the supposed result might be that leads to your chagrin?
Thanks,
Bill
Trying to catch up.

Last edited by irishbimmer; 05-22-2019 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Preference of forum member
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 09:30 PM   #5811
irishbimmer
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Very funny, and ironic:

https://apple.news/Apo3EUhToSG-k7HjZS_S0ag
Trump's Appeal Over Financial Records Goes to Merrick Garland's Court

Congressional Republicans refused to consider Merrick Garland's nomination to the Supreme Court in 2016.

Merrick Garland is currently the chief judge at the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, where President Trump's legal battle will head next as his attorneys attempt to reverse the earlier court ruling in favor of Congress
Irony personified!
      05-21-2019, 09:32 PM   #5812
irishbimmer
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Are implying that he will be biased against Trump and not interpret the law with a blind eye? Probably why they didn't consider bringing his nomination to the floor..lol

Well carry on you seem to be able to post 24/7. I have to help my wife close up the poll. Yes she is a Republican Judge of Elections
Pot calling the kettle black, and you shouldn't be posting such drivel if your wife wants to remain employed.
      05-21-2019, 09:42 PM   #5813
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

And after DC Appeals it will head straight to SCOTUS where dems tried with all their might to stop not one but two appointments but failed. Ultimate irony! Trump wins again! MAGA.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 10:05 PM   #5814
irishbimmer
Major
Rep

Trump wins again? That would be the first for him since 2016 and none for our country.
      05-22-2019, 06:46 AM   #5815
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

You do realize that what you consider losing, half the country says it’s winning, not all Americans adhere to your political views.

I’ll just mention the courts. It’s my pleasure to point out the D.T. Appointed two young Constitutional jurists to the Supreme Court Bench that will make rulings for decades, that changes the court for a long, long time. He also is appointing more Federal Judges then just about any other President has again taking the direction of the country from the left wing to the right. Again, many call that a wonderful course correction.

For the rest of his positive accomplishments I direct you to this short list of what he’s done thus far and he’s far from done. Not to mention he’s been getting it done with roadblocks galore set by the left. He’s the force that won’t be stopped and just plows through hurdles set by dems.

List is a bit dated now so more can be added. He also has plenty of time to get a bunch more done and will and likely another four years on top of that.
You’re upset we get it but elections have consequences, this is our democracy.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...romise-keeping
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC4342.00

05-22-2019, 06:52 AM   #5816
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
More:

“The Justice Department is forbidden by federal law from hiring employees based on political affiliation. Yet the resumes revealed the following ideological breakdown among the new hires:

Leftist lawyers: 113

Moderate, non-ideological, or conservative lawyers: 0

The matter-of-fact evidence should lead any reasonable observer to believe the DOJ has employed an illegal political litmus test during the interview process.”

He ends with the following:

“Loretta King, while serving as the acting assistant attorney general for civil rights at the outset of the Obama administration, ordered the resumes of highly qualified applicants to be rejected only because they didn’t have political or left-wing civil rights experience. Multiple DOJ sources with direct knowledge of hiring committee practices have confirmed this to me.”

And when Mr. Adams says Leftist he really means Extreme Leftist. Take a look at the resumes for yourself. It’s disheartening.

I have written about the Department of Justice previously.

Eric Holder was appointed Attorney General by Obama – after serving years earlier as Deputy Attorney General under Bill Clinton. In 2012, Eric Holder became the first – and only – Attorney General to be held in Contempt of Congress on both civil and criminal grounds. The vote was 255-67 with 17 Democrats breaking rank to side with the contempt vote.

It was Holder who came up with the process for doling out settlements from the financial crisis to activist groups. Holder presided over the unlawful investigation of certain members of the media. Under Holder’s command, the Department of Justice secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for the Associated Press. The DOJ also monitored the personal email and phone of Fox News reporter James Rosen. And it was Holder who refused to prosecute anyone in the IRS targeting of 426 conservative groups during the Obama Administration. Holder ultimately resigned but was not prosecuted by the Department of Justice – unsurprising since it had been his department. I discuss Holder’s activities a bit more in The Left’s Russian Hypocrisy.

In The Department of Justice’s Slush Fund, I discussed the ways in which money levied as fines from the financial crisis were then controlled and disbursed by DOJ officials with little or no accountability. It is disturbing. As noted by Congressional Committee Chair Bob Goodlatte in a letter to Attorney General Loretta Lynch:

“A Judiciary Committee investigation has revealed that, in just the last two years, DOJ has directed nearly $1 billion to activist groups, entirely outside of Congress’s spending and oversight authority”

“DOJ has used the [$2 billion Volkswagen] settlement to fund the [Obama’s] Administration’s electric vehicle initiative after Congress has twice refused to pay for it.”

“The Judgement Fund’s use to pay the interest in a recent settlement with Iran has also raised concerns.”

The Congressional Committee also noted the Justice Department’s stonewalling tactics:

“For over a year, DOJ provided none of the requested internal communications pertaining to the controversial settlement provisions. Rather, DOJ provided just sixty pages of emails between DOJ and outside parties. Furthermore, because of duplicative email chains, those sixty pages amounted to fewer than ten distinct emails. DOJ claimed in September 2015 not to have understood that internal communications were sought. This contention is difficult to credit in light of the unambiguous language in Committee letters and hearing questions. Finally, on March 18, 2016, 15 months after the initial request, DOJ relented and agreed to let the Committee review the internal documents, but only at DOJ, and subject to restrictions on releasing the documents’ contents. The internal documents confirm that DOJ conceived of the mandatory donation provisions.”

Then we have the handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton and her email server – discussed in Comey’s Crimes:

A reminder while reading – the FBI is an agency of the DOJ. The Attorney General is the FBI Director’s boss.

The FBI found Clinton guilty of essentially every act they investigated. Despite these findings, Director Comey cleared Clinton by making a statement that “no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case”. This allowed Loretta Lynch at DOJ to announce the matter closed. It also allowed Clinton to pronounce herself cleared of all wrongdoing. Note, the FBI does not decide who will be prosecuted. They investigate.

The Department of Justice reportedly refused to empanel a grand jury in either the e-mail case or in connection with the FBI’s investigation of the Clinton Foundation pay-for-play allegations.

The FBI – and DOJ – granted immunity to five Clinton staff members – and agreed to destroy the evidence (laptops) when finished. These aides included Cheryl Mills, former Chief of Staff and Mrs. Clinton’s personal attorney along with Heather Samuelson, former senior advisor. Both women were present as attorneys for Clinton during the FBI Clinton Interview despite being interviewed as witnesses and offered immunity.

Director Comey did not interview Clinton until the end of the investigation – three days before the press conference where he announced his conclusions. This runs against standard FBI protocol. Typically (always) they get the witness on record early so they can see how the testimony holds against what they find in the investigation.

The FBI ignored direct evidence that Clinton’s aides knew about the server and helped to cover its existence up. This is particularly important in regards to Cheryl Mills. She took on the role of personal attorney to Clinton upon leaving the State Department – since she was able to claim she didn’t know about the server until that time all conversations with Mrs. Clinton are protected by attorney-client privilege. There are emails that were public at the time and in the possession of the FBI that directly show Mills and Huma Abedin discussing the server as far back as 2010.

On March 2, 2015 the NY Times broke the server story. On March 4, 2015 the House Select Committee on Benghazi issued a subpoena for Clinton to produce her emails. On March 31, 2015 an employee of the company that maintained the server deleted the archive mailbox from the server. The FBI found a work ticket related to the deletion that referenced a call with Clinton attorneys David Kendall and Cheryl Mills. This is destruction of evidence under subpoena and somehow the FBI chose not to investigate further.

The FBI did not pursue “intent” with Mrs. Clinton during the late hour interview. While this may not sound all that important, simple acceptance of the explanation that the server was purely for personal convenience allowed for Mrs. Clinton not to be charged with evading federal statutes. Indeed, lack of intent was one of the primary excuses Comey used in his decision to declare her cleared.

And, of course, there was no investigation regarding Bill Clinton’s famously clandestine meeting with the head of the Department of Justice, Loretta Lynch on a private plane in Phoenix just days before the FBI announced its decision.

It was the DOJ that shielded the Clinton Foundation from FBI investigation. According to the Wall Street Journal, “as the probe of Mrs. Clinton’s email use wound down in July, internal disagreements within the bureau and the Justice Department surrounding the Clintons’ family philanthropy heated up”. But the FBI investigation was continually stymied by DOJ officials. “Los Angeles agents had picked up information about the Clinton Foundation from an unrelated public-corruption case and had issued some subpoenas for bank records related to the foundation. Anticorruption prosecutors at the Justice Department told the FBI they wouldn’t authorize more aggressive investigative techniques, such as subpoenas, formal witness interviews, or grand-jury activity.”

As I note in the Clinton Global Initiative’s Closing Confirmation, The Clinton Foundation was about financial access to power represented by the Clintons. The Clinton Global Initiative was the primary doorway connecting the Clintons to corporate and foreign donors interested in gaining political entry to Washington. And the Clinton Foundation had been very good at collecting donations. The Wikileaks email dumps provided a stark window into those activities. If you want to infuriate yourself all over again, give Wiki(d) Leaks a read.

President Trump has been stymied by DOJ lawyers from the start of his administration. It is likely that senior DOJ and FBI officials colluded against him in the Michael Flynn investigation. I touched on this aspect yesterday.

It is entirely possible that Comey was the one doing the taping referenced in Trump’s now-infamous tweet:

“James Comey better hope that there are no “tapes” of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!”

Consider the following timing of events:

On January 24th, the FBI interviewed Mike Flynn.

On January 25th, the Justice Department receives briefings on Flynn from the FBI.

On January 26th, DOJ Acting Attorney General Sally Yates and FBI Assistant Director of Intelligence Bill Priestap rush to the office of White House Council Don McGahn to discuss Flynn.

On January 27th, they return for a second meeting with McGahn. McGahn questions Yates, “Why does it matter to DOJ if one White House official lies to another?”

On the evening of January 27th, President Trump has dinner with FBI Director Comey – a previously scheduled dinner.

President Trump asks Director Comey if he is under investigation, BUT he wisely does not ask about the Flynn investigation. Which could – would – be seen as impeding a federal investigation by the media.

It actually does not matter if it was Comey or Trump who did the taping, but I find it very interesting that President Trump chose to fire Comey when the FBI Director was in Los Angeles – 3,000 miles from his FBI office.

Judicial Watch has just announced it has “filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Justice for emails of former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates from her government account… Ms. Yates was involved in the controversy concerning Gen. Michael Flynn, allegedly warning the Trump White House in early January about General Flynn’s contacts with the Russian ambassador, Sergei Kislyak.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
103 left-leaning attorneys? MK-could you please fill me in on what a left-leaning attorney is (are they worse than right-leaning attorneys?) and what the supposed result might be that leads to your chagrin?
Thanks,
Bill
Trying to catch up.
Please read the attached post, my friend.
Thanks!

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.

Last edited by MKSixer; 05-22-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:20 AM   #5817
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Trump wins again? That would be the first for him since 2016 and none for our country.
Do you actually believe this ridiculousness; or can you admit to yourself that you're only being provocative? 🤔

05-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #5818
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
...could you please fill me in on what a left-leaning attorney is...
I can help. A left-leaning attorney is a politically-left-leaning person whom works as an attorney.

Next we're going to go over primary colors and how to read a clock. Then it's nap time before your mommy picks you up.
scostu921.50
gjm120868.50
lakefront153.50

05-22-2019, 08:14 AM   #5819
DonaldPump
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Hi buddy,

Need a friend? Seems like you're having a rough day.

Squat - 345 - Bench - 275 - Deadlift - 465 - BW - 180
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #5820
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I can help. A left-leaning attorney is a politically-left-leaning person whom works as an attorney.

Next we're going to go over primary colors and how to read a clock. Then it's nap time before your mommy picks you up.
Flawless kill...
Appreciate 3
glennQNYC4342.00
N54Yankee889.50
DonaldPump3424.00

05-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #5821
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

Quote:

My guess is the first primary colour he is going to see is red.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM48960.50
DonaldPump3424.00

05-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #5822
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Can trump reallllly be considered an adult?

https://apnews.com/abf4b46fcb07477d9871ad56df45b3ca
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump abruptly stalked out of a White House meeting with congressional leaders Wednesday, flatly declaring he would no longer work with Democrats unless they drop all investigations in the aftermath of the special counsel's Trump-Russia report.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called it all "very, very, very strange" and said she was praying for Trump and the nation. Trump tweeted his thanks for her prayers but said he would not proceed down two tracks — investigation and legislation.

Democrats said his ultimatum seemed scripted, with signs declaring his innocence already prepared for his outdoor remarks that followed. Yet Trump's unease with congressional oversight and talk of what he called the "i-word" — impeachment — now threatens to deprive him of legislative accomplishments for the remainder of his term.
      05-22-2019, 06:05 PM   #5823
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

His message to Nancy...

Name:  36207256262_ab3d10109c_b.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  145.4 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #5824
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

They have spent his entire time in office trying to get him out and they will never succeed before he is no longer president. What a waste of time.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #5825
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Z
Attached Images

05-22-2019, 07:51 PM   #5826
adc100
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Democrats said his ultimatum seemed scripted, with signs declaring his innocence already prepared for his outdoor remarks that followed. Yet Trump's unease with congressional oversight and talk of what he called the "i-word" — impeachment — now threatens to deprive him of legislative accomplishments for the remainder of his term.
I don't understand where you are coming from. Pelosi makes an announcement just before a meeting to actually try to get something done..that the President needs to be more investigated.

Honestly Dems..you are figuratively shitting on your lunch.

I would have said its hard to believe but the Dems have no one at the helm trying to avoid the 2020 election iceberg. I hope none of them read this post.

I am fearful for the country as we are going to be over run at the border but it will change in Feb. of 2021.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 08:07 PM   #5827
irishbimmer
Major
Rep

Quote:
Do you actually believe this ridiculousness; or can you admit to yourself that you're only being provocative? ��
I do know that the sum of all of Trump's boasting about how great things are for those that can't take the time to read appears to be about 40-48 basis points GDP on a comparative basis to his predecessor. So, less than 1/2% of 1%. This while running up a $2 trillion deficit. Wow, awesome.

Throw in the sheer chaos, the national division and our relative decline in standing among our allies. Then, we can look at our farmers in the Midwest who although may receive some subsidies during the tradewar with China, have worked hard to build relationships with the customer which is now going, going, gone as China successfully finds replacement soybean suppliers in South America.

He may set a new record for rounds of golf played and accompanying expense.

Last edited by irishbimmer; 05-24-2019 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: incorrect information
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2019, 08:48 PM   #5828
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40

And then Trump claims to hold an "impromptu"press conference with notes and props already made up. Talk about staged. LOL.
Appreciate 2
      05-22-2019, 08:54 PM   #5829
irishbimmer
Major
Rep

Quote:
Please read the attached post, my friend.
Thanks!
I did, and it sounds like another conspiracy theory to me. So, there are 103 or so "left leaning" attorneys in the department of justice? This simply reflects the American populace, the majority who are left leaning socially and conservative financially.

In addition, weren't there about 700 lawyers from leading firms that recently declared that our president would be prosecuted for obstruction after they read the report? The constitution isn't a left or right leaning document.
      05-23-2019, 12:00 AM   #5830
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
This is confusing. The FBI launches multiple investigations against Avenatti. I thought the deep state didn't turn on their own??????

https://apnews.com/a6e717dc8d224706a766b759ffded030
NEW YORK (AP) — Michael Avenatti, the attorney who rocketed to fame through his representation of porn star Stormy Daniels in her battles with President Donald Trump, was charged Wednesday with ripping her off.

Federal prosecutors in New York City say Avenatti used a doctored document to divert about $300,000 that Daniels was supposed to get from a book deal, then used the money for personal and business expenses. Only half of that money was paid back, prosecutors said.