BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-27-2019, 11:55 PM   #1
Gofastchuckinclouds
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw 135i dct

So frustrated tons of codes

My car keeps throwing codes like 2efe,2f00,e00, 2ee7 under heavy acceleration and goes into limp mode. With the half ses light. Idk what to do, any advice?

I have jb4 and aa fmic installed. I actually just got the fmic installed yesterday and then switched from map 1 to map 5 and I saw I accidentally hit the meth gauge on speedometer 9 up just one bump. I corrected it and reset the lambda age and all that but problem persists? Only At wot does its throw the ses light. 2

Last edited by Gofastchuckinclouds; 05-29-2019 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 06:36 PM   #2
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofastchuckinclouds View Post
My car keeps throwing codes like 2efe,2f00,e00, 2ee7 under heavy acceleration and goes into limp mode. With the half ses light. My tuner won’t respond to phone calls or text messages. Idk what to do, any advice?

I have jb4 and aa fmic installed. I actually just got the fmic installed yesterday and then switched from map 1 to map 5 and I saw I accidentally hit the meth gauge on speedometer 9 up just one bump. I corrected it and reset the lambda age and all that but problem persists? Only At wot does its throw the ses light. 2
Few things.

1. Remove the JB4 to properly diagnose.
2. Get yourself an ok OBD II scanner specifically for BMW. App based will work as well (MHD, Carly, etc).

After you read and clear the codes, try to get them to come back. If they do come back then I'm going to guess it's your HPFP.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 07:32 PM   #3
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

If you load up the JB4 app and read the codes, it'll tell you what they mean. It'd be helpful to post the full description.

We're also going to need a full modification list - if you're entirely stock with a FMIC and a JB4 to do the tuning, why do you have "a tuner"?

Are you running a backend flash with your JB4 - and if so, which one and how was it flashed?

When you say 'your tuner' do you mean "the guy who installed the JB4 for me?"?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 07:47 PM   #4
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

With a good tune you won't need JB4 at all unless you're using it to control aux fueling, nitrous, or some weird shit and I am already sure that is not the case.

Your tuner is probably as frustrated dealing with you as you are with your car.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 08:15 PM   #5
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
With a good tune you won't need JB4 at all unless you're using it to control aux fueling, nitrous, or some weird shit and I am already sure that is not the case.
Agree. Also, if you're using the JB4 for it's tune, you don't need a tuner.
In fact, if you're running pump gas on stock turbos you don't need a tuner. You need an android tablet, an ODB2 cable and a license for MHD.

I suspect if your tuner has sold you a JB4, he's a mechanic (at best); not a tuner.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 11:49 AM   #6
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Back to OPs original concern, my initial opinion from the info given is either the JB4 is bad, or the HPFP needs to be replaced. Most of the codes given where for cylinder misfires and this happening under heavy throttle is a story I've heard a few times that leads to HPFP.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 12:53 PM   #7
Gofastchuckinclouds
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw 135i dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post

Your tuner is probably as frustrated dealing with you as you are with your car.
World doesn’t work like that I’m afraid, if you pay someone money they don’t stop responding if there annoyed.

Yes when I refer to my tuner I was talking about the guy doing my mods on my car.

With these codes and misfires I heard it could be plugs coils or injectors? I’ve already don’t the plugs
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #8
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

You did not mention mileage but if you have a lot of miles on your plugs, that is where I would start. You have to remove coils to change plugs so it could be a convenient time to do them too but it is more part expense. The HPFP is kind of like changing the injectors. The theory is the misfire is fuel related. The HPFP is a frequent issue which is why I think others are mentioning it. I don't understand your last sentence but if it means you've had the plugs replaced recently, then it depends on what you want to have replaced next. Coils and injectors and the HPFP can be tested but it is beyond what typical mechanics do. Most of them guess, replace parts, and want paid. If it takes more parts to get the issue resolved they want paid for them too.