BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-24-2020, 08:56 PM   #1
Javakevy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Comfort Access & Keyless Start Error

2013 BMW 128i e88 w/ iDrive & CA

First of all - you all are so awesome for volunteering your time and expertise to newfound 1er lovers like myself. Thanks in advance for your help!

Yesterday, I recently installed an aftermarket backup camera (tapping into the reverse lights and running an inline resister to reduce the noise on the camera. Later that day, I also washed my car (if that's relevant). The camera is working perfectly, but my car started throwing all sorts of codes. After letting it sit and re-installing my Bimmercode backup (from several days prior), the CA is still malfunctioning. I used BimmerLink to track the present codes (below)

I installed new batteries in my key fobs. Both of them have the same pattern of error whereas:
WORKING: all buttons (unlock, lock, trunk, CA mirrors/windows)
NOT WORKING ALL OF A SUDDEN: Driver & Passanger CA handle, Keyless Ignition.

When I'm in the car with the keys, I can't start ignition unless the keys are in ignition (that's the new error). When I press ignition without key inserted, I get the iDrive error message:
"Remote control! Engine will not start" (Key with diagonal line through it). "The remote control key is not detected or may be faulty. Engine start is not possible".

BimmerLink is giving me the Code Fault "Code A103: EWS4_CAS_Bus-Fehler". Symptom: Signal above threshold. Currently present: Yes. Causes warning: No"

Based upon the other Forums I've read, I'm suspecting it may have something to do with the antennas passive access? (1 of 3 Interior antenna convenience access). It seems like the car can't tell when I'm near it or in it with the key.

Perhaps I blew a fuse while installing the back-up camera? If so - where do I look for a blown fuse back there? Could the inline resister cause a blown fuse?

Also relevant, iDrive indicated that my battery was discharging too quickly (or something like that). Bimmerlink shows my battery charge was 50% and it now sits at 59%. I've read that the car automatically shuts down some features of CA in order to conserve battery. Will charging the battery eliminate this?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0