BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-11-2022, 05:18 PM   #1
MGonzalez1308
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Exclamation Having troubles with Cluster and OBD2

Alright so this all started because I needed to replace a flat spring contact in my OBD2 port. Cluster had been working before this happening. So I went ahead and pulled all the pins out the plastic port. Of course the one that was bent stayed in the plastic port. So I ordered a couple of the flat spring contact and a new plastic port. While the cable was without the contact spring and the others out of the plastic port I needed to move the car and that’s when I noticed that the cluster wasn’t turning on what so ever.

One thing I would like to know is the correct tool to crimp that flat contact spring to make the contact with the cable correctly. I squeezed it all with one I had but I feel like it is not making a connection to read the car with ISTA. Any help here would be great.

Another thing is why the heck did my cluster just stop working out of no where? I put everything else back together and pulled the battery for a few mins to see if that would do anything but nothing. Any help here would be great!

Also not sure if this belongs in this section of the forums. Just let me know and I will remove. Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0