BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #23
domenico
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_skyrider View Post
you should see it on my jet black.. you'd love it. add dark space grey roundels and the M// sticker that is missing on ours and it's amazing. To give it a subtle splash of color I painted only the brake rotor hubs and splash guards red and left the calipers in their stock state. The car looks wicked.
you could post here some photos
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #24
dieselmitchell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i M

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
OP - were there any chips/curb rash/ blemishes on the rims before they powder coated them? or were they relatively flawless. I am j/w if the 150 per wheel was strictly for powder coating or if that included filling any chips/rash on the rim? I want to get mine done but need to find a place that will powder coat & fill the chips/rashes on the rims (I have had a few ouchies)

THANKS!
      04-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #25
OneThreeFive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenico View Post
would you mind send us some photos?
Holy necrobump! Here is the latest photo I have:
Name:  Mach V Photo.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  403.3 KB

I am planning to get some additional parts installed (front lip, mirrors, FMIC), get the car detailed and then have it shot in the next few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #26
OneThreeFive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmitchell View Post
OP - were there any chips/curb rash/ blemishes on the rims before they powder coated them? or were they relatively flawless. I am j/w if the 150 per wheel was strictly for powder coating or if that included filling any chips/rash on the rim? I want to get mine done but need to find a place that will powder coat & fill the chips/rashes on the rims (I have had a few ouchies)

THANKS!
Rims were off a new car that was driven home from the performance center so they were flawless when I got em. The price per tire was strictly for powdercoating and no rim repair.

You may want to check your local subforum for repair and powdercoating recommendations. I can't imagine a place that does both. Might be better to find a quality shop for each and deal with a couple extra days of downtime (unless you have winters or something).
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #27
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

got my oem's powdercoated recently too. matte black with 20% gloss.
JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ berk resonated mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BMS OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC,meth, drilled slotted rotors
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 03:25 AM   #28
novin
Registered
Rep
Drives: ferrari

powder coating in car

Choosing a regional corporation to powder coating your metallic objects or car parts indicates which you can keep away from the expense of shipping and delivery them to an internet based business after which delivery them back again to your own home (we’ll deal with these prices more thoroughly in the subsequent part).